The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fungifungirl

Anyone here ever found any actives in the Fraser Coast area?

Hi all,

Anyone here from the Fraser Coast region (Maryborough/Hervey Bay). I used to live on the Sunshine Coast and had no problem finding cubes - but up here, not a damn thing. Over the last 2 years I've been to a number of paddocks nearby (in the right weather conditions). The only shrooms I find are non active. It seems I have no option other than to make the trip back down to the Sunshine Coast. I'm interested to know if anyone else has had any luck in this area and if so maybe give me at least a vague point in the right direction. Kind Regards, FungiFG

Well which are you, a fun girl or a fun-guy?

Ahahhahahaha

Tiredest joke ever but told in a fresh way

*bows*

I have found them near burrum heads many years ago

Found a few around Glenwood b4 winter...been nothing around last couple of times I been up though.

post-6519-0-61538400-1415130519_thumb.jp

Yes cubensis can be found in the Hervey Bay / Maryborough area. The above pair were found just before Easter this year.

As far as I could tell, conditions are not favourable for cubensis in that area due to the lack of a hinterland inducing rainfall; ie it is often too dry and windy. Also the cubensis season in se qld is always shifting around based on when the rain falls. You may have to wait a few months, but you should find some evebtually. Look for paddocks with tree lines with lush free grass that provides some shelter.

post-6519-0-61538400-1415130519_thumb.jpg

post-6519-0-61538400-1415130519_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys - much appreciated..... beautiful specimens there, Aan.... gives me hope seeing those. And yes I am a fungiRL - well most of the time anyway.....

As you come over the hill on main street heading to booral rd, on the right is a big paddock with a lake of a dam and livestock in it, looks like a promising spot :)