The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I found ants in my kitchen.

I killed every single one I saw by hand so they could not tell the others that there is food here.

I only realized what I had done after they were all dead.

interesting, the thought i had just now was "if it weren't for smallpox, how successful would the Europeans have been in eliminating the natives of the various countries they invaded?"

what sort of world would we be living in if smallpox never existed?

although i am #blessed i haven't had an ant infestation in my kitchen for many many moons

I have had the exact same experience, well very similar at the least.

As a result I am now down to 'not conscious enough to know I've stomped you as I walk death'.

Except if you're a fucking bull ant, red or black, and I even have the vaguest suspicion you could some day bite one of my kids. If so you're fucking dead. :devil:

http://www.brisbaneinsects.com/brisbane_ants/images/wpeA4.jpg

ugh i went to do the dishes yesterday and no shit turn the tap on to get the hot water going, move cutlery around and theres a fucken redback lol, i didnt kill it per se but he rode the water into the drains :wink:

My house is now pretty much infested with spiders as I'm too much of a tree-hugging pussy to kill them or damage their webs...

^ I have had a little spider living above my bed for the last month or so. I named him peter parker and sometimes feed him flies. But now there are eggs in his web so I guess he is actually a she

I let the spiders be, except those white tailed fuckers, they're bold and I consider their incursions into my territory an act of aggression.

What really pisses me off is the orb spinners that weave their webs at face height right outside my back door. They get me every fucking time.

The ants are only a few individuals of a larger colony. I keep bees and consider a few deaths from squishing just part of social insect life.

For a few years I lived with a vegan and a vegetarian. They had a thing where every mosquito they killed when they were sitting outside would be put into a small specimen jar. Over a few years they ended up almost filling the jar. Towards the end the ultimate win was to only injure the mosquito and then put them in the jar still alive to die with his fellows.

edit: I used to enjoy showing it to people and telling them it was salvia.

Distracted, that is awesome. please tell me someone smoked some of it

Nah i'm not an asshole, no-one actually smoked it they just got excited.

My car drove over a foot long blue tongue lizard yesterday. There was no intention or direction, the death was indiscriminate but it still made me feel sad. :(

edit: saw some ants in my kitchen again today, salvaging a drip from a frozen beverage. I decided not to kill them all, just about 3 or so.

wish I could get rid of the geckoes infesting my home.....

Distracted, that is awesome. please tell me someone smoked some of it

I watched a guy put a lady beetle into a pipe and smoke it once.

wish I could get rid of the geckoes infesting my home.....

start by reducing the amount of lit surfaces at night, eg turn out your lights. artificial surfaces and lighting is their perfect hunting ground, almost anywhere in the world that you find those things you'll find indonesian geckos (so i have read).

i wish i could get rid of the single half-starved, half-dead gecko stalking my domicile. he, or she (i've only ever spotted a sly head poking out of the air conditioner) sometimes wakes me up with a pathetic "chuck......... chuck............... chuck..... *sigh*" right near my bed at inappropriate times.

sadly no geckos this corner of the earth but they sound really cool , maybe novelty factor ... closest i found any lizards at all

was france n spain , the ones who's tail snaps off if you dont catch them fast/securely enough

so fuggen cute tho

--- LOL---- (for this thread had me in stitches )

i used to think they said they were burning "insects" at catholic curch masses as a young child

lol so I went out to the GH n found some dead ones and burned them in a twig fire-let

but they fkn reeked lol like burned hair with somethn really nasally heavy mixed in,,,

was only then I tried asking my gran again :P

maybe age 9?

luckily now I am aware of the sacred incenses and love finding alternatives from random, dripping; conifers

I watched a guy put a lady beetle into a pipe and smoke it once.

Years ago one of my friends smoked a stink bug through a bong just because we said 'i bet you wouldn't do it'