The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiscoStu

what is the weirdest experience you've ever had?

Did you ever get around to writing that book Bogfrog ?

Some of the stuff you wrote in that post could help to create a captivating plot.

Wyrd indeed - the story of what happened to us before (and after) we ended up here .

Good thread.

My weird experience starts when I was about 7yo, and I was with my Mum in a packed hall at the school fete. As the grand finale they were drawing the winning raffle ticket number for whatever the hell the prize was, and before they read out the number I had grabbed her hand and was dragging her up the front. 'Where are we going?' 'To get our prize' 'But they haven't drawn the numbers yet' 'But we've won'. I didn't just think or wish we would win, I fucking knew we were going to win, and sure enough we did. Strange indeed, but then when I was about 28yo I was at a rugby club do, and they grabbed my (now ex) wife to draw the winning raffle ticket and immediately I thought 'Fuck this is going to take some explaining when she draws my ticket. Again there was no doubt, I knew with absolute certainty that it was going to happen and sure enough...

I keep hoping to get that feeling again on Saturday nights when they draw the lotto numbers but it just wont happen.

I remember reading about Uri Geller and he had experiences like that when he was a kid. He seemed to think that the winning outcomes were influenced by his expectations and possibly his visualisations of what he was going to recieve when he won.

A lot of sceptics shot him down towards the end of his public career, but I don't think he cared by that stage - he was on six figure retainers for several prospecting companies by then.

I was talking to my cousin whos in a wheelchair about something while the other person in the room left. while we were talking something happened in my consciousness like there was light in my pineal gland. I didnt pay too much attention to it and kept talking, but she said hang on did you just see what happened there? And i was like holy shit you saw that too?! We both experienced the same thing. Like we were sharing the same brainwaves.

It was a physic experience.

not that weird but worth a mention i guess. (and i hate feeling left out :) )

its my youngest child's birthday on thursday (we're both gemini's). for the past few months we've been talking about getting a pet and have decided to get a cat from the pet shelter - i planned (and made) a visit there today.

this morning i'm having a crap and reading the sunday magazine which contains my horoscopes. I cannot remember the last time i've ever looked at them and i never pay them any attention. anywayz. it reads:

...if you want to adopt a pet, take the plunge now. wtf. ok.

Hi there,

Wow, cool thread, kinda has a ghost stories 'round the campfire vibe to it.

A couple of years ago I purchased some Mingah herbal incense from my local tobacconist. Got home and was sitting cross legged on my garage floor with a red and black backpack in front of me. it was my stash bag. I proceeded to have one cone from my dry bong and instantly everything changed. The bag I was smoking out of became the head of the Devil. The flappy pouchy part at the front of it became the Devils mouth, my dry bong that was in the pouch became the Devils uvula and the smoke I had just inhaled was in fact a cloud of microscopic demons that were now in my lungs,blood steam,brain. Suddenly the world was full of angels and demons and God and Satan were doing battle for the souls of the earth and Satan was laughing his arse off at me because I had succumbed to his poisonous temptations.

I stood up and walked to the end of my driveway and looked around and could feel the spiritual energy in my suburb and surrounding suburbs and the whole Sydney basin and even the world at large and all the while I was aware of Satan giggling because he was clearly winning the war for the souls of the Earth. People in their homes around me blissfully unaware of his or Gods existence therefore going to hell 'cos Satans greatest trick is convincing the people he doesn't exist.

It lasted about an hour. I've had dozens of different herbal incense blends and for the most part they were fun while they lasted but this stuff pushed the God button in my brain big time and filled me with fear of mortality. I threw the rest of the packet in the bin and avoided that particular blend from then on. Total mindfucker.

2wks ago my ashtray blew up n showered me

with glass . For no apparent reason...

Thanks freakazoid.. id been looking for this thread again

Tis the witching hour but I'll leave witches alone until another time.

A long time ago when I was 17 I'd been reading Carlos Castaneda and thought being a sorcerer would be a good thing.

A friend of my brother had been fishing in the upper reaches of Marra marra creek which flows into the Hawkesbury. He was into Carlitos as well. He told me he saw a moving shadow amongst the boulders where he was fishing.

I thought here is my chance to get a spirit ally.

So I walked out there one day making sure I could find a hill before it got dark to call up the ally.

When it was around sunset I started running up the hill in a westerly direction. The book cslled A seperate reality said to do this. I did as it said running up the hill until I was out of breath. I then had to sweep my left hand in front of me from left to right and back again. My fingers were outstretched like a fan with the thumb tucked in. The idea was to sweep the arm until a hot spot was felt. Nothing happened. I kept doing this until I was nearly at the top. I ran up to the top and then it happened. I was really happy that it worked. The next step was to build a fire. I don't remember if it was winter or autumn. Anyway I made a little fire and stared into it.

I'm not sure for how long or if I nodded off but I heard a sound like a jack hammer smashing on rocks. It got closer and I became really frightened. The noise then started circling around the top of the hill. It was going around and around very fast. I was crying by then. Next thing it stopped. Then I heard laughter. It was soft like a long way off then suddenly it was close to me. It was mocking laughter which started circling around the hill like the other noise had.

I thought I was either going to die or go insane. The more I thought this the more scared I was of the noise. It felt like it was feeding off my fear. This happened for hours. The jackhammer noise would show up and then the laughter. It was really draining in an emotional way. I was feeling so bad. The worse I felt the more I kept thinking the noise was trying to eat me up from the inside out. I didn't want to move. I just kept shaking and crying. I didn't know how to get rid of it. It just felt like the noise was attacking me somehow. I remember getting some gladwrap which sandwiches were in and putting it on a stick and lighting it. I then thought that I might see whatever it was so I stopped doing that.

The noise went away when I felt wrecked. It was like I had no more fear for it to feast on.

I didn't get into mushrooms until I was 21.I started smoking dope at 24. I was squeeky clean drugs wise at that point in my life.

I decided that being a sorcerer wasn't my niche in life after all.i

I was watching a moving star one night and called to my friend to watch it too, we have seen many together as they occur almost nightly and approx every few minutes. I started to rant at it telling it to f**k off and leave us alone with all the rage and power in my body. It became really bright for 5 or so seconds then went back to the original brightness and continued on it's path. This freaked us both out so much that my friend made me promise never to do it again. It has happened to me before while I was camping alone, one of these moving stars shone what felt like a spotlight on me, after I directed a lot of concentration on it. I was panicked and ran to the nearest house but not as scared as when my friend was present.

MOVING STARS - travel N-S, E-W, W-E, S-N and every direction in between. They can appear from nowhere, disappear, stop still to look like a star and we have even seen them fly in triangle formation. They are slightly slower to cross the sky than an aeroplane, are not satellites or regular planes. They may be drones but too high up. I can spot them easily because of my excellent peripheral vision. I look up at a star and wait for any movement to come into peripherals, sometimes just look up and there they are. As bright as the brightest star or as dull as the dullest star. I usually go outside between 7 and 10pm for cigarette breaks and nearly always look up. I would love to get some footage on a decent camera of them, can anyone help with that? I have some footage on an old mobile phone but do not know how to put it on a computer. Then there is the paranoia associated with revealing sensitive information to the public. :unsure: Whose game?

Around the same time I saw what many people label as astral spiders or ethereal spiders. I woke up in my bed one morning and noticed movement on the wall, which initially I thought was a normal albeit large spider. But when I focused properly on it, what I saw was a semi-transparent robotic crab-like spider which was scuttling across the surface of my wall. When my WTF moment arrived it faded into nothing and I got back into bed chuckling to myself about what a strange illusion that had been, yet when I looked back at the wall, there it was again, continuing along in the same path.

Crazy, something similar to this happened to me in my late teens/early twenties. I awoke whilst I was in mid flight off my bed running across the room to escape a large spider that was chasing me from its web. I stood there on the other side of the room scratching my head and WTF'ing for several moments and I always wondered what the hell that was.

Other weird things is psychic moments with people close to me... One afternoon as kids on holiday with my best friend and his family, it was just him and me sitting in silence in our tent at a caravan park. We'd been sitting there wordless for at least 15 minutes when out of the blue we both started singing John Lennon's "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" at the exact same moment! After we sang the first few words we stopped and just stared at each other dumb founded with jaws on the floor. Really weird.

Another time this happened I was talking on the phone to my future wife to be and I was trying to make a point about moving away to the other side of the world. I said "Well I might as well move to..." I paused for a bit to think of a random place, and at the very same moment the name of the town came to my head she blurted out "Broome!" with me once again dumbfounded and WTF'ing that she said the same exact thing I thought at the exact same moment I thought of it.

Life is weirder than we can even start to imagine.

I was watching a moving star one night and called to my friend to watch it too, we have seen many together as they occur almost nightly and approx every few minutes. I started to rant at it telling it to f**k off and leave us alone with all the rage and power in my body. It became really bright for 5 or so seconds then went back to the original brightness and continued on it's path. This freaked us both out so much that my friend made me promise never to do it again. It has happened to me before while I was camping alone, one of these moving stars shone what felt like a spotlight on me, after I directed a lot of concentration on it. I was panicked and ran to the nearest house but not as scared as when my friend was present.

MOVING STARS - travel N-S, E-W, W-E, S-N and every direction in between. They can appear from nowhere, disappear, stop still to look like a star and we have even seen them fly in triangle formation. They are slightly slower to cross the sky than an aeroplane, are not satellites or regular planes. They may be drones but too high up. I can spot them easily because of my excellent peripheral vision. I look up at a star and wait for any movement to come into peripherals, sometimes just look up and there they are. As bright as the brightest star or as dull as the dullest star. I usually go outside between 7 and 10pm for cigarette breaks and nearly always look up. I would love to get some footage on a decent camera of them, can anyone help with that? I have some footage on an old mobile phone but do not know how to put it on a computer. Then there is the paranoia associated with revealing sensitive information to the public. :unsure: Whose game?

do you still conclude that these lights in the sky must be malicious?

Slipping into a lucid dream without first going to sleep - it's the strangest sensation, it's happened to me 5 times now. The first time, it felt like my body was being pulled off me, a tingling but extreme deep relaxation, like the 'piddle jiggle' feeling but it keeps going and gets deeper - then it felt like a railway train had just passed my head and I felt i was in an earthquake, shuddering and shaking - then poof, complete loss of contact with any bodily sensation and a full lucid dream unfolded.

Later I've come to realize that I'm going into sleep paralysis whilst still awake - and now, instead of my consciousness fighting like crazy to keep a hold of my body, I let the feeling wave over me and repeat 'stay awake, stay awake' - and whallah - it happened 2 nights ago and with my eyes wide open, as heavy as a rock, in the dim light of my bedroom, I watched reality tinsel away like a thin sheet and the dream took over - I even managed to focus on one then the other for about 20 seconds before letting go and being in full lucid dream state - it's the most weird feeling ever for your body to disappear on you and watch the paper thin reality fade away to be replaced by a dream.

do you still conclude that these lights in the sky must be malicious?

Yes! Even the ones who pretend to be friendly have ulterior motives. Just like current day humans!

They will be super friendly right up until they control the earth, it's people and its contents.

Take back your Motherland before it is too late!

Set up your boundary's and say NO to invaders with all the free will and fight you can muster.

Alien lovers are just that, aliens lovers! :crux:

they have bonners under the telescope.

So it's still OK to call an alien an alien if you don't like what they are doing, but if they are from another religion or are foreign national buying your country and you make comment about it you are feeling threatened or xenophobic.

I say fuck it, let the aliens in and they can run for office - they couldn't do much worse than bastards selling us out now.

I work in Disability support. One of the young autistic guys I work with has on a few occasions just spoke aloud what I was thinking. Before I even gave any clues away, he just blurts it out. Amazed I asked him if he just read my mind,, without thought he just goes " yeah" so casually.

autism has always had me interested. such amazing feats are achieved.

if your not talking shit witch I doubt you are I would be shitting my pants.

probably because I have a dirty insane brain.

wow factor 100%

Haha no need to talk shit mate. That spectrum is so broad and amazing I'm always in awe of the way each individual processes and interprets their own thoughts and surroundings. Incredible!

After the first time it happened I was a bit cautious inside my head ;)

Not the weirdest but remember playing Carmageddon 64 (terribly game) split screen with a mate back in the day, spent 2 minutes looking at the wrong side of the screen controlling his car! Was trippy for sure :wacko:

the fuc.......-

'king wierdest shit just happened this month ... all my fukn dreams came true , there was only one i never really gave up on ..

but lol , i sure gave up on the others - just before they came into my general wavelength field of contactacea...

All my catfish come out now.. even the shyest ones :excl:

Comeuppance of :uzi: foes

Psychic powers!!! :devil:

Biggest hug ever from my 6 yr old... and big as ever hugs from the other 2 :wub:

Phleb!! :worship:

Lumberjackus ? B)

Virola? :huh:

Chali? :o

i mean weh teh fehhhh!!!?

*implodes from every direction* :wink:

so um yeah i figured I'd be cheeky and the sky and earth ... and those who are not as others.... to see if mother nature would fix the frequencies to also let us have tetrapterys methystica - via asking on of the lovely contactacea...

*wish hard smiley* x)

hmmm did i miss out any wishes?

oh yeah , other random tetrapterys to practice on :innocent_n: