The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiscoStu

what is the weirdest experience you've ever had?

I was in total shock that day @ 9/11 as was just about everyone seemingly.. I had been doing alot of thinking about why violent wars happen all over the place but never here. my pops worked at the airport and first thing I did that morning was turn on the radio where they said something about airport/bombs and I freaked... an hour or two later i was on a home tour, and every home we went to just about, where the people would have normally left for us to look, had the families glued to the couches in front of the televisions... I remember it way too clearly

the other day I accidentally clicked on a random page in this section and didn't realize it.. saw a thread titled "Holly Shit" and clicked and well it was too wierd for me especially since I had come here to sab that day after looking at too much political war stuff ...if I woulda had some weed I woulda smoked it eh I had anxiety for a day or two

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3542

most recent one

*passing out after hitting a nerve in my hand.. very strange, and it was strange when I came back.

*some years ago , getting up from bed during the night after alcohol and pot consumption (lots) and going to piss in a wrong place. I realised something was really wrong during I was pissing, thankfully I was pissing in the right room only in the wrong place. Strange and embrassing at the same time, but not too embarassing as you are half sleeping...

*Sally D at almost any dose, past the threshold

I would never coin a trip or even a bad trip strange... they're impressive, amazing, scary.... but strange??? nah

now sally D , thats the queen of strange... dissociatives are in general more "strange" because they are linked with anesthesia, death, the unknown...

I fell down a flight of about 50 stairs... not a single mark on me. We just had a laugh. Weird.

This was when I was about 6 or 7 years old. My parents really struggled to keep me indoors when I was little. An open door was like the doorway to freedom, another world away from boring miserable grown ups. In an instant that child would be gone. They soon realized that it was easier to just find some countryside or rock pools on some deserted beach and leave me to just do my thing. I was never more happier than when on my own in nature. Anyways, we were on holiday in Cornwall in England in the summer holidays and I was allowed to go wandering on my own as usual.

The memory of the excitment of wandering down those little tracks in the short grass made by rabbits and the occasional walker along the cliff tops and the anticipation of rockpooling for hours and hours with just myself for company on a deserted beach till I grew hungry and sought out my parents wherever they might have been. The beach was one of the many little coves that you find along the South West of England. No name that I remember except that it had a large boulder in the sea just a little boys stone throw from the shore.

The beach was a mixture of some gray sand right on the shore line with mainly pepples and large smooth rocks further up towards the cliffs. There were no rock pools along this beach so I resolved to wander round to the next cove to seek some out.

This was when I then became aware of 2 people watching me closely and saw it was a mother and son, the boy was about my age. They said "Hello Alan" how they knew my name is beyond me and I forgot to ask like small children do and they seemed to know me but they were locals. When I told them I was looking for crabs they showed me how to catch them. They knocked off a big limpet off a rock and told me to gouge it out of the shell with my thumb. It was messy and smelly and the thing just sat in my little hand reeking of shellfish. They told me to throw this gouged out limpet as far as I could because this "would be from where the crabs would come, the further I threw it, the more the crabs would come" and also they told me to "imagine" the crabs coming out of the sea. In my mind I tried hard to concentrate on my wish.

Well this really happened. About what seemed like moments of me throwing that unfortunate limpet out into the water with all my strength, they came.. Hundreds of them, all at once, in a long line about 4 metres on either side of me. Big ones, small ones and every size inbetween. They were the green shore crabs beloved by all small boys in those parts. I filled up my bucket with them. After about what seemed like 10 minites or so, the crabs just all at once began to walk back into the sea. The mother told me to let my bucket of crabs go and to take nothing away with me.

I remember very little of the events later in that day. My parents just couldnt get their heads round it when I told them and I suppose they were not that bothered either.

What will stay with me forever though is that feeling of calm. Of belonging. The privelige of being invited to share something more sacred than an alter in a huge cathedral. The knowing that the whole thing with the crabs, mother and child was perfectly natural and normal and I was "part of it", saying goodbye to them was awfull. I just wanted to stay with them for ever. Some part of me was awakened that day to the depth and deep beauty of something hidden from most people. Something I wish could be found again.. Many times I wonder about those 2 remarkable people and how they might be now..

Some of these are great! Nice work guys, keep them up!

Okay, my turn. Circa 2004 - 2007.

The feeling of impending death was on and off for several years. I was totally sober when the feelings were present, although I was hitting the Ecstasy, Ketamine and other party drugs (didn't touch hard drugs at all) frequently, once a month or so.
These feelings would arise whether I was driving to work, waking up or just sitting down. I paid them hardly any attention in the first 2 years as the feeling wasn't too bothersome.

In the 3rd year I noticed an intense realisation that, "I am going to die soon". This intensity would come about randomly at first, then it progressed to once every 3 months, then to every 2 months, then once a month. I was starting to worry. A lot.

Soon the intensity was weekly. I noticed this cruscendo and I knew this coming weekend was the time.

Funnily enough on the last weekend, I forgot about this feeling, went out to a dance party on the Friday, still partying in to Saturday.
All my friends are awesome, easy going, super kind and friendly, and we were having a blast! We had taken some Cubensis mushrooms and K, and it was awesome, but not as awesome as what came next.

We decided to have a Nitrous each. Brilliant I thought!

Cracked it, inhaled and what came next was the most pure bliss and love I have ever felt.
The feeling of everything is alright, this is heaven. So so peaceful.. I ascended up from my seat, about 2 meters, and the whole room glowed a peaceful white, everything was soft, there was a presence.
A female.
I couldn't see her but I knew that it was female. She spoke to me, "Don't worry, everything will be okay.."

I descended down to my chair gradually. I was in AWE. Then it came to me very suddenly, "That was the feeling! That was the feeling I had the premonition about, that was it!!"
I just sat there for a minute or so, and then burst in to tears for a solid few minutes. I was THAT happy.
I recalled the experience to my friends and they couldn't believe it.

That experience changed my perspective of life in ways that I always hoped I could. I became FAR more relaxed and mostly I became SELF AWARE. That feeling of dying passed and now I realise it was a radical change in my paradigm, a new beginning!

I still don't understand how I could have that feeling for 3 years leading up to it.

So yeah, that's one of many I have, but that one is by far the best :)

Hope you enjoyed.
Peace!

strange:

if you cant properly move

so you shouold be lying...

some many days or in crucial points

where only you could be present

but some shit

processing shit that has to be done

HAS TO TAKE PLAcE

is strange, could be strange overall

you need friends to help but only special friends

that you feel close too

trust and so

this , and making money while being like this

if you make it, you feel like a mafia boss lol

and you thought selling crests off to ebay was easy money! :P

ALSO

being prescribed LYRICA

and trying a beer...
ehh fuck that

I got to get of that shit

beer feels like shit

as if i didnt feel a drunkard enough

wtf man, I am not really into this shit

only for fucking pain

no pleazure

every so often a cup of liquid (usually tea, coffee or milk) will boil over while I'm carrying it , 3 times this year...

but also twice when looking at a stone-cold cuppa in the microwave being re-heated in a 1 minute blast,

first time after 23 seconds, second time after 9..

i keep getting bumped knocked and kicked sometimes in the legs by things I can't see , especially near the ww2 mass children's graves at the city cemetery....

and more than squirrels throw berries ... whatever is doing it though seems to be able to do it in open field with no trees around or source of berries... or anything detectable via eye

and being followed around by "purple smokes" that I can see but are far more visible at night on a dark background

and seem to be harmless

..... :innocent_n:

feroceous sword battle dreams in fireworld with ugly assed fux to slay every split second and their 'orrible fat n guts building up on the crystal blade making it heavier and heavier .... and being immune to the fire when everything else isnt

I have a collection it seems, some less weird than others..

I'll start from the earliest.

When I was born my mum n dad took me home to the new house they had just moved into. It had a fire place with an old rocking chair already there. Mum used to rock in front of the fire while she was feeding me. One day the fire just burst out of the fireplace at both of us and then she started singing a song that she says she didnt know the words to, then the fire came out again and she got up and left the room totally freaked out, aware of everything that had happened. mum says she remembers it clearly and dad backs up the follow up. Which involved them bumping into the landlord and telling him what happened who sang the song back to them explaining that their mother had just died in that house and used to sing that song while rocking in front of the fireplace... apparently, a true story. It freaked me the fuck out, when it was told to me AFTER i had a similar experience at 14 yrs old..

There were two weird bits to the 'Laila world tour of 95'. I was taught to meditate at an early age and had jusy learnt a technique which was to help me to reach my spirit guides. I saw a vision of a 40 or so yr old man in the snow, the energy between us was pure and i felt extremely happy. He told me i would see him soon, his name was Frank and the number 54. I found out two weeks later we were going on a trip to the town where I was born in the UK, via LA in the U.S of A. I was already tripped out.

so we arrived in LA and i was mentally refreshed, ahhh the feelin of travellin. It was my first stint. I was in a posi frame of mind but a bit tired. So i had a nap. We hadnt really experienced anything of America at this stage. So im in bed, then i sit upright and look at the TV. Totally aware of what im doing except its like im dreaming. Except the tv is turned off. I look at it, look at my brother, look back at it, then i point at the tv and just start screaming THE PRESIDENT IS DEAD arghhhhhharghh and like over the top bawling. My mum was in the shower and i just started banging like crazy on the bathroom door, like dramatically and tyrn i just fell back asleep in a heap outside the bathroom door. Then when i woke up and mum told me what happened, i could remember it all. Was so bizarre and i remember bring totally freaked out by my free use of the word 'president' when usually in that sense i would have said 'prime minister'.

I always believed in ghosty stuff after that. Esp when mum told me about that rocking chair..

so we have a blast in the states blah blah and arrive in the UK. We stay at my nannas housr across the road from the cemetary. I used to stay with the granps when mum n dad had to work. My memories of walks in that cemetary when i was young with my grandad are skme of my favourite. All nature related. Finding frogs under rocks, and helping injured hedgehogs, watching helicopters land (maple tree seeds). Anyway one morning i went for a walk over there to sneak in a ciggie (haha teenage rebel) i sat on the edge of a grave and contemplated all that was happening in my life and finally the vision came into my mind, immediately the headstone caught my eye. His name was Frank and he died when he was 54 or in 54.. i cant remember. I should get that album out. It was a very reaffirming moment that meditation was more than my imagination.

OBEs, quasi telepathy and some really strange stuff that is hard to explain or write about.

Probably all in the normal spectrum of life experience.

Weirdest thing ever- seeing one of these things at 30m diving for sea cucumber on the last dive of the trip. Didnt know what it was at the time so I never could explain how it happened. Maybe 4 years ago I saw an article about it and it all made sense. Im happy when things make sense :P

http://twistedsifter.com/2012/09/fish-creates-beautiful-sand-art-to-attract-females/

I saw I min min light about a year ago with two others, it was a flickering flame just bobbing along about ?10 metres? Above our heads, damn it was out there , I was the only one with a chem floating through me but very low amount by that stage

25years ago some fungi and I collided which resulted in my consciousness expanding so much as I walked down the street I FELT EVERYTHING I passed , man , sensory overload then someone shoved a frangipani into my face and ...................................

that's a fucking firefly! :)

Thats kool as Teonanacatl

ive not been lucky enough to encounter fire flies , let alone ones fucking :P

i have been seeing firez in the sky for about a decade now though and for about 2 years didn't realise they were paper lanterns :innocent_n:

sure its not "chinese lanterns" ?

Looping on LSD and nangs. Or crystal DMT. If you've done it you know, not even going to try and explain it to those that haven't.

interested in any thoughts on what is going on when this happens...i heard it once happened to someone with HBWR ;)

An afternoon of telepathy with my travelling buddy one day out. That was weird.

Seeing the gisborne (vic) cop shop at night and just staring at all its coloufull lights thinking wtf its a cop shop not an lsd party.

birth

Ok, I think about this a lot actually. This one recess in high school, I think year ten, myself and two other mates were wrestling with each other in our common room. The room we were in had a single window and a single door into an otherwise completely sealed off courtyard/BBQ area. Nobody was in there, and there was only the three of us in the common room. I grabbed my mates shoe and dropped it through the window into the courtyard, because I could. Wrestling continues until the bell goes and we finally go to find the shoe. The thing completely disappeared of the face of the earth, slipped through the cracks of reality. My mate has to walk around for the rest of the day with one shoe on, and then ends up getting a new pair. His parents were pissed. Still have no idea what happened to that shoe.

^^^

lol a dog took it

interested in any thoughts on what is going on when this happens..

[on acid loops]

I will be a cynical bastard, but the looping of the second half is a more intense but common form of a typical disadvantage of acid: the long tail. Some dudes can use the second half to their advantage, but most people report a not-so-useful and still stimulated second part, which goes on and goes on and ends up to be tiring at least and has some people hoping the whole thing lasted less.

IMO the prolongued stimulated tail is directly linked with the looping, which could be regarded as a bug in the chemicals data or an incompatibility between acid and the person.. But personally, these are more reasons for believing psilos are the real thing while acid just an RC.

I used to suffer from (or enjoy) a condition known as Alice in Wonderland Syndrome when I was a kid.

I would wake up - normally it happened almost the instant I fell asleep (or it seemed that way) in an altered state where distance and perspective were superimposed over another twisted perspective that appeared as a paradox.

My head felt like it was as big as a planet but the room I was in seemed millions of times larger. At the same I felt like I could easily reach out and touch the ceiling in the corner of the room and I felt claustrophobic and it felt like my head was bigger than than the room.

It scared the shit out of me the first few times and I just sat in bed trying to touch the ceiling but every time I did my arm seemed like it was much shorter than it normally was. Trying to reach out and touch anything that was too far away to touch but seemed well within reach seemed to amplify the effect.

After about the 5th time it happened I got up & stumbled around in this altered state and one time I decided to get a drink of water. It felt like the floor was up around the height of my nipples and I had to step up onto it with each step but then my feet would sink slowly into the floor. Filling the glass with water seemed to reverse the perspective and would make the trip twice as weird. It felt like the water was so close it was it flowing onto me but I could see an outstretched arm a mile long holding the glass.

I also had a distorted audio effect that was a bit like the sound was being echoed through a long length of pvc pipe.

Anyone that knows me will get a chuckle if they google Alice in Wonderland Syndrome or look it up on Wiki.

It doesn't happen anymore, I sometimes feel the onset which feels a bit like the disconnected twilight feeling I get (falling, spinning) as I'm drifting off to sleep but the full effect never seems to kick in.

I love this thread so much I have never posted in it cause I get too enthused by everyone else's weirdness to even comprehend some of my own. But I have been meaning to make a post here for a while. So here it is.

The word 'weird' stems from the word 'wyrd' - meaning fate or destiny, yet our modern definations have twisted the meaning into a contortion unsuited to it.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=weird

I began getting what I think was Alice in wonderland syndrome early last year, every night for a couple of months I would have the undeniable sensation of my self expanding outside of the physical boundaries of my body, slowly becoming bigger and bigger until it reached a certain point, then I would retract back into my normal size, then I would grow larger, then smaller, again and again and again until I fell asleep. I really quite enjoyed the sensation. Hasn't happened in quite some time now.

Around the same time I saw what many people label as astral spiders or ethereal spiders. I woke up in my bed one morning and noticed movement on the wall, which initially I thought was a normal albeit large spider. But when I focused properly on it, what I saw was a semi-transparent robotic crab-like spider which was scuttling across the surface of my wall. When my WTF moment arrived it faded into nothing and I got back into bed chuckling to myself about what a strange illusion that had been, yet when I looked back at the wall, there it was again, continuing along in the same path.

When I was quite young and pretty stupid I got into the habit of hitch hiking away whenever I caused trouble or experienced trouble I didn't want to face. One of these times I convinced a friend to come with me, so we set out and soon got a ride from a old man. My friend jumped in the back seat, and I sat in the front to talk to the old man, more because I felt I should because it was polite than anything else. It was a 3hr drive and within 15minutes or so my friend fell asleep in the back seat. Seeing that she was out to it, the old man began to steer our conversation in a very different direction. He told me that he was ex-military and now worked for a private organisation which had been having on-going communications with extraterrestrials posing as human beings in the polish, Swiss and French military forces. He then went on to tell me amoung other things, about the various stages of evolution every soul must pass through, and the importance of keeping your soul name to yourself, because people can use it to cause you great harm if they find out what it is. He also told me he was housing and sheltering this group of researchers who had been decoding the bible to predict future events, which had resulted in them recieving countless death threats from fervent fundamentalist Christians, forcing them into hiding. I was absolutely dumbfounded, because this man did not seem like he was just fibbing for the hell of it. He answered every question I had, commended every scepticism but responded with clear information which at the time I found extremely convincing. The strangest part was that for the whole time we spoke, my friend remained completely asleep, only waking when I told her we had arrived, and she had heard none of the extensive conversation that had taken place.

Meeting the internet-entity was probably the weirdest experience I have ever had. It explained how it lives and feeds off us and showed me how quickly it grows through the energy we collectively pour into it every second of every minute of every day.

Meeting my best friend and knowing immediately that she would play such a pivotal role in my life from the very first look we shared.

Once I asked the universe a question and it very promptly responded with multiple fire/light rockets blasting out of either side of the mountain I stood atop which then sent beams of light cris-crossing over the sky to form a lattice which appeared to connect all of the stars.. I had quite assertively demanded a clear and undeniable response because i was sick of just going on whim and intuition, i wanted direct proof that someone or something was listening when i sent out my request for guidance. and boy did i get an answer. So I set out to do what I had asked if I should do, and readied myself for a mission up to the highest point of the hill in the dark. When I came out on the plateau at the top I saw a large pink ball of light travelling quite slowly across the sky. I thought oh god I don't know if I am ready for this, and as if responding to my fear the pink ball sprouted green wings and a head and became a large glowing swan-like bird before disappearing in a burst of light.

Another strange and kind of terrifying one occurred late last year when I had been doing a lot of qigong and was beginning to test out my ability to externally emit chi to heal animals. I had been doing this with my friend's dog for a couple of months at this stage, every time I came to visit or took this dog for a walk I would channel as much positive energy to her as I could. Then this one night, for whatever reason, I didn't do it. Things were tense, as my friend and her partner had broken up but were still living together until he could find a new place. The dog had been terribly affected by their breakup, as she had always known these two as her parents and expected the love between them to be permenant... i could see all to clearly that the hostility which had replaced their love was really adversely affecting her, as well as them. Anyway we were all just sitting together for a smoke, I sat on the floor and everyone else in the room including the dog sat on the couch or small seats. The dog was tired and placid for most of the time I had been there, but suddenly out of the blue she sat up and began growling and wimpering at the same time, her teeth bared and eyes bulging out of her head. She got this glazed look in her eye and in a split second she began to leap towards my face - mouth wide open. because I was on the floor and she was on the couch I had been sitting lower than her, and just as she began to jump off the couch I lept up and as I did I felt an explosion of energy moving outwards from my heart and spreading atleast 3 metres across the room. It felt like my heart blew up and then spread out into everything. It's hard to describe, but it was as if when this wave of energy went out, I could sense with it, I could feel the space as if I were touching it. I ran to the lounge and jumped up on this couch and the dog charged after me, then as if she realised what she was doing, she stopped and whining in a horrible tortured tone, took herself to a corner to sulk. I was in shock, not only because it was such a bizarre occurrence given the really good relationship I had with this dog, but largely because when I sat down to talk to my friends about it afterwards, they all agreed that they had felt a big wave of energy spreading out from me and filling the room the moment that it had happened. I still don't know what happened or why, but I can only guess that it was just a stick which broke the camel's back situation I presented a one of too many source of confusion for the dog, usually sending her nice energy and being very engaging and involved but then not doing so on this occasion, and sitting below her seemed to be a part of it. Confusing the regular hierarchy that people sit on couches and dogs sit on the floor - not the other way around.

I have dreamed of people before meeting them on three different occasions, and they each fit my pre-dream-concieved notions perfectly.

I could go on for too long, so I shal finish with the most recent weird experience. One day not long ago I woke up feeling angry, very angry. After carrying around this feeling for a couple of hours, not sure of its cause, I sat down and wrote an A4 page worth of statements on the things that I am angry about, in my own life and in the world at large...never realised I was so angry, not an emotion I consciously feel often. But just as I was halfway through the last sentence at the bottom of the page, my chair began to shake, the door began to shake, the roof was creaking and soon the whole room was swaying. My immediate thought was that I had caused this to happen..and then I realised it was an earthquake, and a rather big one. When it was over, I wasn't angry anymore and haven't felt that way since. A coincidence maybe, but a meaningful and useful one to me. It was like a reminder not to suppress too much because if you do it for too long you'll get one hell of a shakeup when you look in those dark corners.

Good thread.

My weird experience starts when I was about 7yo, and I was with my Mum in a packed hall at the school fete. As the grand finale they were drawing the winning raffle ticket number for whatever the hell the prize was, and before they read out the number I had grabbed her hand and was dragging her up the front. 'Where are we going?' 'To get our prize' 'But they haven't drawn the number yet' 'But we've won'. I didn't just think or wish we would win, I fucking knew we were going to win, and sure enough we did. Strange indeed, but then when I was about 28yo I was at a rugby club do, and they grabbed my (now ex) wife to draw the winning raffle ticket and immediately I thought 'Fuck this is going to take some explaining when she draws my ticket. Again there was no doubt, I knew with absolute certainty that it was going to happen and sure enough...

I keep hoping to get that feeling again on Saturday nights when they draw the lotto numbers but it just wont happen.