The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Optimystic

R.I.P. Robin Williams

One of the funniest fucking d00ds ever... I remember this fucker from the peak of many depressed times...

just a couple weeks ago I was depressed cause my sister was depressed and so I sent her this vid

"Weapons of Self Destruction"... and then last night, find out he's passed...

well RIP guy

Nanu!

http://youtu.be/DiCxqbT2Ru8

I'm still in shock I guess

• Like 2

Such a waste. He was a talented guy.

“They said that marijuana was a ‘performance-enhancing drug.’ Marijuana enhances many things — colours, tastes, sensations, but you are certainly not fucking empowered. When you’re stoned, you’re lucky if you can find your own goddamn feet. The only way it’s a performance-enhancing drug is if there’s a big fucking Hershey bar at the end of the run.”

• Like 3

I like what this guy has to say... I don't think women's lib is all about this sort of thing but there are too many examples of when it gets ridiculous here in the states... I don't know all the facts here but it just doesn't make sense, though I do understand depression and have considered suicide in the past so I know what its like to be out of my own element... I can only imagine he felt fully taken advantage of and so I can't judge him for that... when I hit a peak in depression x anxiety, it really felt like I had lost everything I had ever worked for... but turned out I had to lose the material shit to realize what i'll always have... and I can only imagine its that much more difficult for someone of his stature...

He is missed

Edited by Spine Collector
  • Like 1

So sad. He was so funny. That look would come over his face just moments before he delivered his one liners. Robin Williams would make me laugh so much that my sides ached and tears rolled down my face. He was a good guy. So humble and giving. RIP...

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/YYNyq0cVuhk

I'll never forget this one.. i taped it onto VHS I believe.. and I watched it a few times... showed a few ppl....

this version even has greek subs for Mutant incase he's ethanol challenged this evening

and how appropriate

• Like 1

I like what this guy has to say... I don't think women's lib is all about this sort of thing but there are too many examples of when it gets ridiculous here in the states... I don't know all the facts here but it just doesn't make sense, though I do understand depression and have considered suicide in the past so I know what its like to be out of my own element... I can only imagine he felt fully taken advantage of and so I can't judge him for that... when I hit a peak in depression x anxiety, it really felt like I had lost everything I had ever worked for... but turned out I had to lose the material shit to realize what i'll always have... and I can only imagine its that much more difficult for someone of his stature...

He is missed

That guy who did the video was painfully dumb, but may have a point. Don't wanna trivialise Robin's death or use it as a launching pad for agendas, but the the divorce system is completely fucked up in the west, don't doubt for a second that his divorces and their baggage contributed toward his suicide. We are nurturing a sick system here people. Check this out:

..sucks it has to be this way, but I'm making damn sure all my major assets are in trusts.

• Like 1

Suicide only happens when the pain is so hard that death is a comforting thought... just still a little shocked

that someone like RW got to that point and and that age.... and that someone like him, especially having kids

didn't find a way through it .. smdh

fact is he was a nice guy, he gave a shit cause he always made the effort to make people laugh..

and its unfortunate that we live in a society that shits on the nice people and rewards the greed

as if its a god-like attribute...

Edited by Spine Collector

Great comedy/Great tragedy.

I received a phone call today on the office phone from an elderly woman, (she was incorrectly patched through to me instead of another department, but before I could realize this) she mentioned that her sons funeral was later this week because he'd hung himself. After awkwardly redirecting her call and apologising, I couldn't help but wonder how many other suicides have been influenced by Robin's? anyway just wanted to get that off my chest

i was reminded about the movie popeye and coincidentally it was the first movie i ever saw as well and really one of my earliest memories,

i remember being thoroughly weirded out by the octopus :wacko:

• Like 1