The Corroboree
CLICKHEREx

Flotation

http://www.tripme.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?12218-Floatation&p=82958#post82958

07-08-2014, 12:01 PM #1

Drael
Highly Valued TripMe Senior Contributor
Thanks
Thanked 1,037 Times in 457 Posts
Floatation
Theres a place in auckland, mt eden, that is opening up this month.

Has anyone experienced floatation, and did it evoke images, sounds or anything of the like?
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Franklin

Drugs and alcohol are a sometimes food.
Reply Reply With Quote Thanks

09-08-2014, 09:54 PM #2

Drael
Thanks

Float culture opened up this weekend in auckland. Expensive, costs $120. But listening to joe rogan, I am super curious.

Please sound out, if your tried floatation. Or if you are going to float culture and giving it a go.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Franklin

Today, 12:37 PM #3

Drael
Thanks

Maybe I should start a float Drael and his friend fund, and take collections. I want drug free ego loss!

Today, 07:02 PM #4
CLICKHEREx
Thanks

Some time ago I read John C Lilly, a psychonaut like Shulgin, (but not so heavily into drugs) on sensory deprivation, via the flotation tank. Check out http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...71.HldpYoPvN5Q

It uses a concentrated solution of magnesium sulphate (Epsom salts) which needs to be maintained by an accurate thermostat between an extremely narrow temperature range, around 96 degrees Fahrenheit, or the user feels as though they are freezing, or boiling. Pitch blackness, and as quiet and vibration free as possible.

Hallucinations occur after a while of floating without any physical sensations, quite possibly because the mind is creating input to replace that which is lacking from the environment, like dreaming while still awake and aware.

Apparently a proportion of users lose voluntary control of bladder and bowel functions temporarily, after some hours inside, so some commercial operators require special suits to be worn.

A friend tried to talk me into going halves in one, but the cost was prohibitive then, although if you could access bulk MgSO4 cheapish ...

Others have tried salt, (like floating in the Dead Sea) with varying degrees of success; any tiny cuts or sores sting, though.

i would love to have a dep tank! but yeah they are expensive. here in perth i think its about $80/hour which is far more then im prepared to pay.

I agree it is expensive but I think it is such an interesting and rewarding experience that I like to afford it now and then .. I have plans of owning my own in the near future.

Member 'Faustus' here made one many years ago. It wasn't particularly easy from memory. You might be able to dig up some info if you look hard enough.

One of my friends bought a tank about a year ago for something like $10,000 and it has been sitting in his car port the whole time because he has no where to set it up. We were thinking about starting up a business with it eventually

^^ What does that mean TI?? Does it mean Faustus is dead?

i have no idea where he's been for the last..... couple years?

edit: although he has logged into his profile this year.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

You inspired me, I just got back from floating. It was lovely. I had visions of what my float tank enclosure is going to look like.

A cob house dome carved with the flower of life on the outside and the inside.

Im wondering how the cob would fare with such a humid environment inside it.

Anyone have experience with cob house construction?

• Like 1