The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ramon

Fly agaric prints available.

Guest Ramon

Have some spore prints available for trade for intersting seeds or other spore prints.

Uhh, and what exactly are folks going to do with these prints, seeing how A. muscaria only grows in mycorrhyzal relationships with certain trees? You cant cultivate them like Psilocybes. Is there some way to innoculate tree roots from a spore print?

Guest reville

that being known - you can innoculate your pinus seedlings with the spores

not 100% but what is... smile.gif

anyone know if its been recorded off pinus pinaster - the maritime pine

have never seen it on young pines if that's any help.

Two years ago I injected some spore solution under a birch tree (then believing that birch trees were it's host tree) and this week I have had two big lush red (with white speks) caps appear on one side of the birch. Anyone know if it is a mycorrhizal for birch? Some Rhododendron bushes also live there!!

I am trying to make a sporeprint from a small section of the cap at the moment (the snugs were eating the cap, when I got to it, and had slimed it) so I can innoculate a bonsai spruce and some pine trees in the neighbourhood.

It would be nice to get a little fly agaric to pop up next to the bonsai smile.gif

If I get another cap (without slugs eating it) I'll make a big spore print for those interested. (The cap has a nice classical red colour with small white speks) Anyone want the print for an exchange?

E D

birch, beech and older pines, some say oak but i haven't seen it yet.

I think a better way to propagate this mushroom would be to locate a patch, and start digging. Try to get some live mycelia, then quickly go apply this to the roots of an appropriate treelet and plant it.

Guest reville

or alternatively plant a seedling into the mycelium and transplant it later - of course thsi will work better for oak/birch than it would for pinus..

be aware that your disturbance could end up killing the patch

I would think that, as the spores are designed for starting new patches and initiating the complex and delicate relationship with the roots of its companion, it would be much less likely that a lump of soil with some mycelial thread in it would succeed. I have heard that a lawn was colonised with a Psilocybe semilanceata simply by digging up part of an established field but that is not a mycorrhizal fungus.

Watering the roots with a fresh solution of spores would be my choice for experimentation.

Exactly Theobromos!!! And it has already worked for me once. Maybe twice, as I haven't checked the other places yet and slugs and snails seem to like them.

One could possibly have some clean detoxed snail, feed them some caps and then cook up the snails in garlic sauce. Could work!

E D

snails for intoxication may well work. it is said that koryak tribesmen upon finding inebriated reindeer would tie them up and wait for the effects of the mushroom to wear off then slaughter them for food. i find it strange that a society that would drink piss would not eat intoxicating meat.

Guest reville

i believ the method i suggested may work because it is the traditional method of propagating mycorrhizal mushrooms before the advent of spore slurries axenic cultures etc..