The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamwalker.

the sunflower, and its ability to heal the environment

Mushrooms are by far the best organisms for removal of heavy metals and other contaminants; Hydro carbons being another.

But sun flowers will grow in climates and seasons where mushrooms will not.

And vice versa.

Mycelial mats are in far more abundance than that of Sunflowers. I like the idea for sure!

Mushrooms are by far the best organisms for removal of heavy metals and other contaminants; Hydro carbons being another.

I guess you've seen

........guys a god...

Any plant/lifeform that bioremediates is worth having around.......my attempts at fungi growing after much effort, have never yielded anything but mould.......... but sunflowers..kids can grow..

Its one of those simple fix the world things....kids can do it...but politicians get confused, probably cause they can't see any personal profit to steal.............

CO2 & contaminated soil... problem!

Solution...grow sunflowers....seeds provide a useful protein source and the stalks (all built from CO2) can be used to make bales for house construction, or bio char....or fuel (biofuels are dumb, but at least they don't add CO2)...or just build a giant pyramid in the desert ......of course massive submerged rafts of kelp would suck the CO2 out & provide proteins/biochar/fertilisers/bio plastic/fish habitat/etc too but thats another story.....................................problem solved...daaaaaa :BANGHEAD2:

Australia drying caused by greenhouse gases and ozone

http://phys.org/news/2014-07-australia-greenhouse-gases-ozone.html

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

Awesome info, thanks man! :)

And yeah, Stamets is the MAN! :) I own the 'Growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms' book. That is well worth owning.