The Corroboree
Torsten

How do you feel about advertising?

Advertising?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like these sort of incentives, but I think it would be best if it was something exclusive; something made that not necessarily of much value, but is only available as a reward to contributing members. e.g., branded SAB keyrings or bottle openers, or something more apt like engraved smoking pipes or snuff paraphenalia, glassware, gardening stuff, etc. as larger rewards.

A branded SAB sep funnel would be sweet. Would make a great balsamic vinegar dispenser. And a great conversation starter at the dinner table:)

• Like 7

A branded SAB sep funnel would be sweet. Would make a great balsamic vinegar dispenser. And a great conversation starter at the dinner table:)

Ha! I thought I was the only person who mixed salad dressing in theirs :D

How about a hamper or voucher? people buy x amount of 2 dollar tickets and go in the draw for some rare strains of caapi + some other plants or else it could be a voucher for store credit?

Be easy to do some donation runs to gather coin surely!!!

if 10 people buy $10 worth of tickets thats $100, if store credit was just 100 you would of already made your money back then all the other people that buy vouchers goes straight into supporting the site. Its a win win situation.

Then for the people that donate yearly with the membership can get a SAB token, have no thoughts on a cheapish token thats still cool but shirts may be too expensive while perhaps people that buy the membership would be able to buy some of the rarer plants first before they get sold openly on the forum, i think thats fair as they are investing into the future of the forum and deserve to get some plant goodies before other people that dont bother to do anything? Output for that method is basically nothing with all the money going towards the upkeep of the forum!!!!

Thought??!!

Edited by PhoenixSon
  • Like 1

No problem with post-style ads. No problem with a membership fee.

I would buy raffle tickets or contribute in whatever way I could. I would be 100% committed to contributing my bit to keeping the form alive.

What if there were to be an unofficial commission on any trade $$ earnt through sales on the forum?

Ads forcibly injecting crap into peoples heads is disgusting, I'm not a fan at all. If there is was no opt out mechanism I doubt I'd visit the site (unless an ad blocker worked well enough)

I'd pay to be a member to not have ads.

Thank you

----------

There is no poll option. It just says under additional options-

Show your signature

Automatically parse links in text

Disable smilies in text

help please?

i think, beacuse you are a probationary member. You will need to make a few posts and have them approved by one of the moderation team to be able to vote in polls.

MERCH!!!!!! I want my sab hoodie and keyring!!! Make em

Don't sell em

Cheap!! I'm happy to fork out!

• Like 3

I know it was kind of mentioned earlier, but I really like the idea of making the Seed & Plant Exchange forum private to paying members only.

1. It's a great incentive for people to behave themselves.

2. It's a great way for the site to make money.

3. It adds an heir of exclusivity to activities that should probably be exclusive.

4. The SAB Store could run auctions and raffles (with a link to raffle tickets through the store for $X) to raise more money.

5. Eliminates new people getting spoils that should be respected.

I think it's easily the best option for the site to make money and avoid using ads.

Edited by Roopey
  • Like 1

Hey why don't we have a donations link?

Just paypal would be fine. Really easy and everybody has a paypal account.

I have a low paying job but I give $50 to erowid and $50 to wikipedia each year because I realy apreciate their services, and apreciate that websites like them exist.

I concider that they are worth more than that to me, and I love web sites with no adds.

I would be happy to chuck in $50 per year to help keep this forum going as well. But everyone could put it what they want 20, 10, 5 100 whatever, nothing if they don't want to.

But yeah adds are probably the best way to go so as to draw revenue from random users, and $5per year to opt out is good for members.

But Torsten we need a donations link so those who want to can help you out a bit!

I reckon plenty of us would be happy to chuck in a bit :)

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the SAB web store and the other shop could ask customers if they want to donate to the forums at checkout.

• Like 1

Don't sell em Cheap!! I'm happy to fork out!

and maybe charge an optional membership fee.

This could entitle the purchaser to a discount when shopping at the SAB shop and other stuff like buying tickets to SAB events and things.

It also could give the member a bigger avatar and could allow one to change member title, little perks above the norm but nothing ridiculous as the main gig is to raise the coin so advertising isn't needed.

There's many models on other forums that they use for revenue like this.

How bout a once a year raffle, we all donate something real good and then the site raffles the prize off, bit like the recent 10yr ethno raffle, surely that raised 5k, bit of work involved.

If banner adds are necessary then it'd be nice if they were related to the themes of the site.

If they existed and I was allowed I'd fork out for a banner add on here, there's no doubt other site traders who'd do the same.

It'd be good if we all could put a few bucks in to contribute to the place.

5k isn't to be sneezed at, that's a fair bit of moolah to come up with year after year.

It'd only take 50 of us to list something on ebay at $100 ea and have the money deposited strait into a SAB pool account on paypal to raise the 5k.

Spose the ways are endless, the resounding theme of this thread is that people are willing and happy to help and that's nice.

Wonder what the outcome will be.

• Like 2

Sooooo Torsten?? Tell us what is up!!

Sooooo Torsten?? Tell us what is up!!

I would happily pay a membership fee and would LOVE to see some SAB merch. My two cents...

• Like 1

Don't sell em

Cheap!! I'm happy to fork out!

And don't forget SAB tees. I'd have a tee, hoodie and keyring! Would merch help you with costs T? Besides simply wanting the merch, I would also pay an annual/permanent fee.

He's such a tease :(

He's such a tease :(

Haha, maybe. I have no doubt that he is DEFINITELY a very busy man - tease or not ;)

Don't mind a few ads if they are small and of relevant content to my interests.

I'd be very happy to pay a membership fee be it yearly or monthly! :)

Lost

3 legged cattle dog with one eye and missing his tail

Answers to the name "LUCKY"

Fucking advertising, fuck you, why do you cunts think we needs that here? Fucking pull your head in cunt.

EDIT-My house mate trashed my account while my laptop was open and I was logged in. His sense of humour is slightly off and he suffers tourettes. Please disregard this and any posts in the last couple hours. Cheers

Edited by shroomau5
  • Like 1

^^

cool, i like your housemate, hesa cunt :lol:

• Like 1

please no advertising. It'll just distract from the SAB shop anyway. I'm in for any of the other options. Membership, merch., donations, donating ethnos for a raffle, robbing a bank...

Fucking advertising, fuck you, why do you cunts think we needs that here? Fucking pull your head in cunt.

EDIT-My house mate trashed my account while my laptop was open and I was logged in. His sense of humour is slightly off and he suffers tourettes. Please disregard this and any posts in the last couple hours. Cheers

post-15675-0-75162200-1429447776_thumb.j

Whatever it takes, happy to pay an annual membership fee

post-15675-0-75162200-1429447776_thumb.jpeg

post-15675-0-75162200-1429447776_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2