The Corroboree
myco

Recent topics

Im wondering if it would be possible to extend the recent topics to maybe 10 threads?

Or even better would it be possible to make the recent topics a clickable thing that will take us to a page with the entire last 24hrs of threads or something

I don't know if it's just me but the recent topics used to usually be there for a day or 2 atleast

Now it seems like every few hours they've disappeared down the list

Obviously there is alot more new topics being posted all the time so they get pushed down the list rather quick and I've been finding myself missing a few threads due to this

Anyway just an idea let me know what you think or if I'm missing something here and there is somewhere to go to see more of the recent topics

And on a side note I don't know if anyone else has this problem on thier mobile phones or iPads

But when I come on here on my iPad the recent topics don't even show up

It says recent topics but there's nothing under it it's been like that for a long long time now

Just wanted to note that incase it's something that can be fixed

• Like 3

Ya know I never even really noticed the recent topics section. Actually had to search the screen for a couple of minutes just now before I found it (yeah I'm a bit slow haha).

I tend to just hit the View New Content button an scroll down clicking on the threads that look interesting, or ones I remember posting in etc. Works for me, although I'm easy pleased :wacko:

I totally agree myco, I check it all the time and have often thought of asking for it to be increased. I feel like I miss threads because it's so short.

The view new content button is ok but harder to scan for the brand new threads. A longer 'recent topics' list would be totally awesome.

• Like 1

thats exactly what i thought dreamwalker :)

Totally agree

I have used the "new topics" window for most of my SAB browsing since i joined.

These days, there is alot of spam that pushes relevant posts out before i see them.

• Like 1

if you feel you are missing something then why not use the new content feature?

where is the 'recent topics' feature you refer to? I obviously have never used it as I just use the new content button.

edit: just spotted the recent topics feature in the side bar. will look into makign it longer as there is indeed plenty of space.

still, to solve your problem you could use the recent content button.

• Like 1

cheers torsten i think it would be great if it could just be extended a little bit as we all agree there is plenty of space there

i guess i should use the new content thing but that also comes up with every post in every thread rather than just the newly posted threads

to be honest i kinda forgot about the new content button myself haha

i've always just looked straight at the recent topics for new threads

Edited by myco

There doesn't seem to be an easy setting for recent topics. So the only way might be to edit the code, which I'll try after the next software update [shortly].

Not in beta 4, but in beta 5, yes. Just use a php type block there and do a call to a SSI.php function. But as I said, the "recent topics" has already been done for you in that beta. Basically it collects data from the function and output them in a compact way, because just letting the function do the rendering itselfdefault behavouir will make it too big to fit in a block - in width.

never used the New Topic tab before. How awesome is it!

I do really miss the randomness of the old shout box...remember word of the day

• Like 2