C_T

Saw this pic of the sun using a different magnetic camera, had to post

Had to share, looked very psychedelic.

post-4494-0-84822300-1404381932_thumb.jp

post-4494-0-84822300-1404381932_thumb.jpg

post-4494-0-84822300-1404381932_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Doors of perception = cleaned

does magnetic resonance NOT look like when "fictional" acid triping?

* fictional is legally correct.

edit: ive seen all those colours and swirls in my dreams, there must be a connection.

Edited by C_T
  • Like 1

thats crazy love it :)

the sun is a fascinating object, as is the solar system in general, also the galaxy, and the interactions between galaxies. what can i say, space is fascinating, and there are still so many mysteries to solve in our very own system.

magnetism is, perhaps, poorly understood in terms of its wider implications. does it get much credit in astro-physics, except as an invocation to explain something weird or unexpected?

i would recommend to ANYONE, taking a good hard look at the sun (no i don't mean staring directly at it). we have all kinds of data coming in, we don't even have to look at it from earth's perspective which is fortunate because this perspective alone wouldn't give us much of an idea if a monstrous coronal mass ejection was heading straight for us - and that's another topic i recommend everyone be informed about.

i'm not gonna get too worked up here, not everyone shares my enthusiasm.

oooh oooh

this is also an interesting topic in relation to some recent discussion about climate change. i have no doubt that humans play a part, but if you aren't looking at what's happening on the sun you may as well be blind.

also, you can produce your own pictures like the one originally posted, playing with filters and stuff to change the colours etc etc, and what's more you can see what is ACTUALLY going on, RIGHT NOW.

space weather, fuck yeah.