The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 333

Iowaska Root Suppliers ?

Guest 333

Does anyone know if their is an Iowaska Root Supplier online ?

Guest si

go to ayahuasca.com , they have plenty of suppliers.

also check out the preparations section to get a clearer understanding of which method might suit you best.

iRiNi

Guest Mesqualero

You may also want to get a better idea of what "iowaska" actually is.. I dunno if I am being pedantic or something but the inability to spell what you are after may indicate a lack of understanding and/or research on the subject matter...

just my 2 cents..

[This message has been edited by Mesqualero (edited 18 April 2002).]

Guest reville

Its phonetically sound but isnt that a derivation of the word that is also the name of a band?

You might like to look into 'anahuasca' recipes as capi is not that common here in australia yet. Though as a raw herbal material it is so much nicer than the alternatives which contain other horrible subatances....

Whats the supply and demand situation with capi anyway.

Ive been layering cuttings and i know theres takers but what i need to know is whether people out there are prepared to pay the going rate for a plant.

I can assure you it is easy to care for.

If the demand is there id like to make an honest effort at making lots.

let me know.

when i say lots i mean about 1000 BTW

Originally posted by Mesqualero:

I dunno if I am being pedantic or something but the inability to spell what you are after may indicate a lack of understanding and/or research on the subject matter...

And I've seen it a few places as an alternative spelling. It's not an English word ( well, not yet, we haven't assimilated it into any dictionaries as far as I know ).

But do yer research anyway, more is confusing sometimes, but doesn't hurt. Its not like aya is going to run away in the meantime smile.gif

Guest Mesqualero

Yeah I dunno... I suppose I was being a git. Apolly loggies if I came across as... insert word here .

What ever happened to pharmahuasca, did it ever take off, or even developed. I think it was Ott involved.

Guest Mesqualero

Is Pharmahuasca simply using the Synthetic forms of the Actives in Ayahuasca? eg: Synthetic DMT and Synthetic Harmaline... I have read alot of reports of people who use this kind of mixture...

Aaanyways I don't really think this is on topic at all.... so. yeah blah :|

[This message has been edited by Mesqualero (edited 19 April 2002).]

here's part 1 of an interview with Ott which exposes his obsessed and extensive enumerative permutative tendencies, in which he discusses Pharmahuasca & psychoactive honeys, cocaine products, nicotine, betel, and some other weird shit i forget, all with a commercial enterprise slant..

(if you can't view pdf files, put the address into google.com which will allow you to read as regular html)

Guest 333

btw what is the correct spelling...i still can't find a supplier...

AYAHUASCA

It's not a root - it's a vine (presuming you mean B. caapi).

Guest si

it's not just a vine either (b.caapi)....although caapi is part of the ingredients (sometimes), that is only the Maoi part.

i would suggest you visit erowid and do further research.

[This message has been edited by si (edited 21 April 2002).]

Originally posted by si:

it's not just a vine either (b.caapi)....although caapi is part of the ingredients (sometimes), that is only the Maoi part.

I didn't want to confuse him/her by adding more info about admixtures and the MAOI requirements for oral aya brews - well pointed out - 'though to be pendantic I have noticed I lot of ppl (usually US based) seem to call B. caapi ayahuasca itself (IMO is incorrect). Erowid is always a good starting point and the ayahuasca homepages have heaps of knowledgable ppl ' though I think someone's mentioned that already...

Actually, calling the plant "ayahuasca" is not incorrect at all.

The name is one of many which are given by different tribes in different languages to both the plant and the brew (which often contains only Banisteriopsis caapi).

Other more well known names include 'caapi' (after which the plant is known botanically), yage and yaje. There are also many variants of these names.

Pointedly, however, there frequently appears to be little or no differentiation between the name of the vine and the name of the brew (no matter what else is in it).

And as to english and phonetics, that's not the best argument to start, given this language's approach to spelling.

My view is that, as we appear to generally accept ayahuasca as the correct spelling (and that's the only way I've found it spelled in books on the subject), that we continue to do so.

Pedant and proud. ;-)

Guest Mesqualero

Not Important

[This message has been edited by Mesqualero (edited 23 April 2002).]

Guest reville

no plants yet frown.gif

[This message has been edited by reville (edited 25 November 2002).]

Guest Mesqualero

Didn't know SAB had some for sale....