The Corroboree

where are all the doofs these days?

anyone know of any upcoming doofs/festivals in QLD/ NNSW? it's been too long.

• Like 1

Plenty around Sydney. There are a few parties happening this weekend for the winter solstice, including one in Queensland I think. Usually it gets really quiet around this time in Sydney, but we have a few coming up which is good.

You should come down this way for a party! There are a few forum members that head out and the parties are better IMO.

• Like 1

How about doof's for the West Coast!

Would love to know.

Edited by Pie'oh'Pah

Yeah I've noticed there are a few doofs down that way on oztrance... maybe it'd be worth the 9 hour drive haha! I remember for a while there though, there was almost something on every weekend up this way, then everything just seemed to quiet down.

i don't think anything "quieted down", not as much as you think anyway. oztrance is utterly obsolete now, the odd random party gets posted but the majority don't. facebook is where it's at now.

nnsw-wise, it seems like the guy/s who put on 'rabbit eats lettuce' usually make the effort to drop a thread in oztrance, although at some point you probably will have to go onto their facebook page to get the directions.

• Like 1

some kid fell off a cliff at a party round my parts last night. i didn't go to it but yeaterday i heard about it & that it was near a place where i often used to go rock climbing. woke up this morning & read in the news some 17 year old fell 80 meters off a cliff trying to get to the party, apparently he's still alive & in hospital after a crazy rescue mission. have not heard back from my friends who were at the party.. i guess it probably ended prematurely seeing as there were all kinds of helicopters & police called in

Would love to know.

Check the paper ;)

some kid fell off a cliff at a party round my parts last night. i didn't go to it but yeaterday i heard about it & that it was near a place where i often used to go rock climbing. woke up this morning & read in the news some 17 year old fell 80 meters off a cliff trying to get to the party, apparently he's still alive & in hospital after a crazy rescue mission. have not heard back from my friends who were at the party.. i guess it probably ended prematurely seeing as there were all kinds of helicopters & police called in

Shit, I was going to head out to that party. Changed my mind because it was pretty disorganised and I didn't want to travel for nothing.

News says he got denied entry, which is pretty rare for a doof. Maybe they didn't want to pay the entry?

Would love to know.

not many doofs. just bogan bush partys

that'll learn him.

• Like 1

i don't think anything "quieted down", not as much as you think anyway. oztrance is utterly obsolete now, the odd random party gets posted but the majority don't. facebook is where it's at now

Hmmm will have to start stalking the fb pages then haha

Heard about that kid on the radio this morning, pretty lucky to survive an 80 metre fall

News says he got denied entry, which is pretty rare for a doof. Maybe they didn't want to pay the entry?

I overhead a news report that stated he was trying to sneak in without paying, nothing was mentioned about him being denied entry but it seems likely.

I wonder what sound he made when he landed - doof

Some bloke got lost in the bush near perth for 3 days on a 3 day doof. It was front page in the west australian. They had a pic of people dressed like bums doing circle dancing. He almost died.

I'm not sure how he didn't just follow the doof doof music. I'm assuming he saw the same thing as a million people did in perth and decided to walk back instead. I don't understand the 3 day thing, touch too hedonistic for my liking. Just asking for trouble really. Probably explains why he moved away from the music instead of towards it, unless he was just smashed and clueless. I'm sure the sun sets over the ocean in the west. Having prolly 20 kms to cover I'm assuming he wasn't a Boy Scout.

Most Doofs in WA would be far more than 20kms from the coast, that is likely the closest.

yup 50km you would start hitting houses. but one would expect to hit a road or something well before that. the guy wasnt even from Australia and apparently went looking for a tap despite being told there aint no taps and being offered water by a few different people. nobodies fault but his own.

lmao ^ what manner of dancefloor is that? and why is the guy who looks like a detective in on that bizarre action?

also, written as though the endless drone of trance music is a bad thing.

ah your a legend. Just shot ya a request now.