The Corroboree
magical9

Sacred Succulents Order

So I finally put my first order into Sacred Succulents. I am so stoked that I had to post about it. HEH Ordered the following, although im not expecting to get it all as im sure theres quite a line of people waiting for this stuff as ben just got back from peru or whatever.

Trichocereus bridgesii “Achuma” - Seed Packet

Trichocereus bridgesii f. monstrosus clone A - 6-8" Cutting 1x

Trichocereus bridgesii f. monstrosus clone B - 5-6" Cutting 1x

Trichocereus glaucus - 6-8" Cutting 4x

Trichocereus peruvianus ‘Lurin’ ”Pichu” - Seed Packet

Trichocereus sp. BK09509.2 “Huachuma de Chavin” - Seedling 2-3 Years old 4x

Trichocereus peruvianus “Serra Blue” X Trichocereus huanucoensis - 200 Seed Packet

Trichocereus sp. “Kimura’s Giant” X Trichocereus sp. SS02 - Seed Packet

Trichocereus sp. SS02 X Trichocereus peruvianus “Serra Blue” - Seed Packet

Trichocereus sp. SS02 X Trichocereus sp. “Kimura’s Spiny Giant” - 3-5" Seedling 3 year old 4x

Trichocereus bridgesii KK919 X Trichocereus pachanoi f. monstrosus - 2-3" Seedling Plant 4x (SUPER STOKED TO GET THIS I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE!!)

Trichocereus sp. ‘Kimura’s Giant’ X Trichocereus sp. SS02 - 3-4" Seedling Plant 4x

Edited by magical9
  • Like 2

The glaucus is not a what most sell as glaucus just FYI.

Nice selection! SS seeds have always had great.germ rates for me. I have never gotten under 80%. Hopefully you'll get.equally great results.

worst ordering system EVER

• Like 2

I haven't had any issues with their ordering.

Ya i dont understand why they dont start an online webshop... it litterally took me 2 hours to put a site together and have a paypal system built in..

The glaucus is not a what most sell as glaucus just FYI.

ya i figured that out after i sent my order.

• Like 1

Im sure it's a peice of cake to order from in the USA, from anywhere else its a logistical nightmare.

• Like 2

They are a family run small scale nursery. So of course they are not going to have the most high tech ordering system. It is the same thing with mesa garden and other small scale californian/arizonan/ new Mexican nurseries. But their selection is one of the most varied in the u.s. I guess in the new western world a slight delay is unbearable especially with the instant gratification offered by other cacti vendors. But to me a slow wait period is an alright trade off compared to their offerings. Also if you email them and keep in contact with them you are more likely.to.get your.order quicker. Manners go a long way. But that is just my opinion/experience. As said before it may also help being state side when ordering from them. Never the less aside from the.size of their cuttings I am happy to.support them. It is not like you can.find anything they offer for a reduced price. I know folks who order from them, grow out their cuts for a few years,.and then cash.in on eBay for drastically over pricing what they paid so little for.

• Like 4

Im sure it's a peice of cake to order from in the USA, from anywhere else its a logistical nightmare.

Many times life is so much easier when you solicit help from forum members or associates from the country in question you're dealing with.

• Like 5

They are a family run small scale nursery. So of course they are not going to have the most high tech ordering system. It is the same thing with mesa garden and other small scale californian/arizonan/ new Mexican nurseries. But their selection is one of the most varied in the u.s. I guess in the new western world a slight delay is unbearable especially with the instant gratification offered by other cacti vendors. But to me a slow wait period is an alright trade off compared to their offerings. Also if you email them and keep in contact with them you are more likely.to.get your.order quicker. Manners go a long way. But that is just my opinion/experience. As said before it may also help being state side when ordering from them. Never the less aside from the.size of their cuttings I am happy to.support them. It is not like you can.find anything they offer for a reduced price. I know folks who order from them, grow out their cuts for a few years,.and then cash.in on eBay for drastically over pricing what they paid so little for.

small scale? mesa? , over here people talk about them being "the Great Mesa" and how huge it is....? its a pretty small set of islands here but Id not

figured they could have been so incorrect

... thank you for this post, helps lots...

my only SS seeds were a gift with a cutting and seem like they dnt wanna germ at all... maybe the gift seeds are ancient and I should give SS a shot after-all :) .

Mesa garden is a pretty large nursery but they are run by a few folk. They.are also completely over run with orders every year as soon as they put out their new catalogue. This is why wait times for a new order can some times last months and end with you only receiving a partial order. They run out quick!!! I keep in contact with a couple of nurseries in the south west for general growing tips and to occasionally shoot the shit. A lot of work goes into owning a non commercial nursery and keeping up with certification and what not here in the states before having to pay employees. So the few that are in business with massive offerings have put in a ton of work which is why I.can not realistically complain about them knowing what I know. I AK sure it is equally.as true in Australia as well. I have nothing but massive respect for nurseries who are able to provide a high level of service and great plant selection while maintaining a small amount of employees. just.imagine how much work it takes and still building a great reputation among niche collectors like us. Now if they were sending out infested, diseased, and sickly plants they would not have my support nor business.

Definitely give ss another.chance. I have had nothing but the best.experience with their germ rates but your experience may.differ. but do not base your opinion on gifted seeds. Place a small order, nothing too large, and then report your results. if you get shit results then share your complaints with justifiable reasons. But please do not tarnish a vendors rep based on seeds you did not order. These guys do their best and are small business owners who rely on their reputation. I like to support all small business owners in the u.s especially in our current economic climate.

• Like 1

Ss is awesome,i never had a problem ordering from them I just email my list and organize to pay with PayPal for an extra 10%

• Like 1

SS does email ordering? I didn't know this.

I recently got seeds from Sacred succulent on a trade with a member on SAB who had ordered them and i had lots of crosses.

1 - Trichocereus huanucoensis X Trichocereus peruvianus ‘Serra Blue’

2 - Trichocereus huanucoensis X Trichocereus peruvianus/ ‘Juul’s Giant’ hybrid

3 - Trichocereus peruvianus ‘Serra Blue’ X Trichocereus sp. SS02

4 - Trichocereus peruvianus ‘Serra Blue’ X Trichocereus huanucoensis

5 - Trichocereus sp. ‘Luther Burbank’ X Trichocereus sp. SS02

6 - Trichocereus sp. SS01 X Trichocereus pachanoi

7 - Trichocereus sp. SS02 X Trichocereus huanucoensis

8 - Trichocereus sp. SS02 X Trichocereus peruvianus/ ‘Juul’s Giant’ hybrid

9 - Trichocereus sp. SS02 X Trichocereus peruvianus ‘Serra Blue

10 - Trichocereus sp. SS02 X Trichocereus sp. ‘Luther Burbank’

11 - Trichocereus sp. SS02 X Trichocereus sp. SS01

12 - Trichocereus pachanoi f. monstrosus X Trichocereus sp. ‘SS02’

13 - Trichocereus sp. ‘Juul’s Giant’ X Trichocereus sp. SS02

14 - Trichocereus sp. Validus X Trichocereus sp. 'Lumberjack'

I have no experience with any of these clones much less their hybrids except for 4 months of having an ss02 cutting so far.

The one that interests me the most in your and my stock is the 'Serra blue' trichocereus. Anyone know what it is?

I <3 Sacred Succulents, just placed another order with them recently and waiting on it to ship :)

SS does do e-mail ordering if you ask them :wink:

Only info I could find on SS website is "T. peruvianus ‘Serra Blue’– a blue stemmed selection from Serra Gardens"

• Like 1

Oh thats cool. They nemed the clone after the area it grew it, cant wat to see what all these cluster fucking seeds end up like.

I really want to order the catalog for sacred succulents it is just a pain in the ass for me to have to pay to see their products. But alsi a good wall to keep hister out.

T. sp. "serra canyon" rooted stump with about 4 or 5 pups. It is probably a bridgesii. Not sure how big but pm me and I can measure them for you.

T. peruvianus "serra blue" rooted stump. It stalled all last year but finally put out a pup which is growing pretty fast.

I bought these from sacred succulents and they said they aquired them from Ed and Betty Gay's collection.

this is from a trade I did with a guy a yr or so ago.

Im perfectly willing to not have to use paypal, but my thing is i wish they would put pictures of at least some of their cacti for sale up. it would give us all a better idea of what we are buying. 2$ for a catalog is kinda silly especially when its hard to order from them and pay to start with.

so who are these Ed and Betty gay collectors who spreading genetics around?

Im perfectly willing to not have to use paypal, but my thing is i wish they would put pictures of at least some of their cacti for sale up. it would give us all a better idea of what we are buying. 2$ for a catalog is kinda silly especially when its hard to order from them and pay to start with.

I ordered the catalog and got a message in my package saying they haven't made the 2012 catalog yet and that they will soon and send them out to people who ordered them. Lol. A little bit late eh? But to be honest, I think $2 for a illustrated catalog is a great price. I'd probably be staring at it while i'm sitting on the pot with my mouth watering at all the plants... *flush*

Edited by hostilis

a better question is who in the hell is billythe kid?

I mean for the love of gawd do you have to act like one too?

• Like 2