The Corroboree

Nice marketing ploy so you can sell that huancoensis at a ridiculous price on eBay. You and Verne must be right good pals there mate.

• Like 3

Actually, was just looking at new listings on Ebay a minute ago. There is an "Altman Huanucoensis" listed.....

Edited by T-trich

Actually, was just looking at new listings on Ebay a minute ago. There is an "Altman Huanucoensis" listed.....

Yep, and the picure has the same yellow date and time stamp on it. Looks like there is some "subtle" self promotion going on here to boost interest and sales.

True, labeling is based characteristics toward certain clones, but there is variations among the altmans

Which seems like you are trying to profict by using known clone names when you don't know what they really are. You should be more upfront with the buyers on your ebay page. Misinformation makes cactus collerctors mad! >:(

• Like 5

Out of curiosity, what did Altman label the plants? Was that ever stated?

Are you serious??

This dude is now selling that clone as "huanacoensis" on ebay - fresh off being lectured about inappropriately doing that with the clone he thought might have been Lumberjackus???

You've got to be kidding me..

I vote that we run a poll on how old people think spinyGator is - winner gets a free cutting of one of his mislabeled trichos.. I'm guessing 17..

• Like 4

Damn. 150 dollars for it too. Holy shit. Lol. I feel bad for the sucker who buys it thinking they got a huanucoensis. Probably only cost like 20-30 dollars at the most from altman's too.

SPinegator it seems to that instead of buying desired clones and propagating them then selling them. You get cacti that you think they resemble certain desirable clones just from they're phenotypes and go sell them as if they were the actual clone?????

You're spreading confusion and you're tricking people.

I really don't care how much you ask for a cutting cuz if the buyers are willing to pay, then it's their thing.

Edited by Philocacti
  • Like 1

Sure enough, he's trying to pass that pachanoid clone off as a huanucoensis and charging $150 for it on ebay.. Unbelievable..

spinyGator dude that's some bad juju you're bringing to the table - you're shamelessly exploiting sacred cacti and intentionally misleading people in the process - somebody needs to tune you up..

• Like 2

Which seems like you are trying to profict by using known clone names when you don't know what they really are. You should be more upfront with the buyers on your ebay page. Misinformation makes cactus collerctors mad! > :(

was about the name it wutdafukup clone

Are you serious??

This dude is now selling that clone as "huanacoensis" on ebay - fresh off being lectured about inappropriately doing that with the clone he thought might have been Lumberjackus???

You've got to be kidding me..

I vote that we run a poll on how old people think spinyGator is - winner gets a free cutting of one of his mislabeled trichos.. I'm guessing 17..

sure, if you got my age right, i will give you that huanucoensis for FREE

With the level of dishonesty and shadiness you've shown why would any of us assume that you'd honor such a "giveaway" even if someone did guess your age right?

With the level of dishonesty and shadiness you've shown why would any of us assume that you'd honor such a "giveaway" even if someone did guess your age right?

i'm not here to prove whether i am right or wrong, but to prove that things the way they are. I noticed that you had been drooling over my clones, wanting it for free. Get real bro.

I have noticing so many haters in this forum so it's is very useless to continue on to stir up more hatred and angers from low-lives who is doing nothing but give bad judgements to others.

Is English your first language? It seems like you just throw words together hoping they will create a coherent sentence. I have no idea what you are trying to say with your last post.

• Like 3

Gator, there is a real easy way to avoid the haters, and that is simply through honesty.

The fact that you have a plant from Altman's that has the name T. pachanoi, and looks somewhat like the T. pachanoi that I got from Altman's years and years ago that I had suspected was T. huanucoensis, in no way means the plant is T. huanucoensis. Your plant may in fact be a different plant simply passing through Altmans.

Honesty, particularly in your turning around and selling plants, would require you to say that the plant came to you from Altman's as T. pachanoi and then make comment that it has characteristics that make you believe it to be T. huanucoensis, T. colosus, or any other name. Post a picture and let the prospective buyer determine whether or not it is what you claim. Of course others might simply buy it and pay outrageous prices to not miss the opportunity that it may be what you claim, but that's on them as "buyer beware."

~Michael~

• Like 3

i'm not here to prove whether i am right or wrong, but to prove that things the way they are. I noticed that you had been drooling over my clones, wanting it for free. Get real bro.

I have noticing so many haters in this forum so it's is very useless to continue on to stir up more hatred and angers from low-lives who is doing nothing but give bad judgements to others.

So please explain why you are misrepresenting cacti on ebay? Of course that pisses people off - If you can't look at your part in this then you are either very young indeed, or are just really immature...

You have no idea if that's a huanucoensis or not - what happens if it's a pachanoi (which is what it looks like to me) and the buyer starts crossing it with other trichos and calling them "huanucoensis x bridgesii" or whatever? Now we have thousands of mislabeled hybrid trichos, which will then be crossed with other trichos, and so on - all so you could make a quick buck on ebay..

Edited by nitrogen
  • Like 2

i'm not here to prove whether i am right or wrong, but to prove that things the way they are.

Yup, you did prove that some people can be so dishonest that they'll do anything for money

If people "hating" on you cuz you scam others for some money and this makes "haters" low-lives. Than I could proudly say I'm a low-lives hater.

Obviously logic won't convince you so it's a waste of time communicating with you.

• Like 2

Yes the plants you had posted up are nice. And you haven't proved anything other than the fact that you can call any plant you grow whatever the fuck you want. Whether is actually what you call it or not.

Secondly I don't want anything from you. I didn't participate in this guessing game because it's pointless as I doubt you'd actually follow through on anything you say.

Thirdly, you come to an established forum spouting conjecture and hearsay. And also exposing yourself as a shiesty businessman and con artist and get upset when the people here call you out.

Edited by EthnoGuy85
  • Like 1

Oops

Edited by EthnoGuy85

I agree with Smith, keep the label that came with the plant. You can always point out what you think it is, but don't change the identity that it originally had. I know one of the best parts of collecting cacti for me is the hunt! I love searching for and finding cactus online, big box stores, and/or little nurseries. Sometimes I agree with the label and other times I don't....but I always keep the original label (even when posting and getting help in the ID forum) and just make a notation that it has characteristics of another clone. The variability of Trichocereus can be a pain/confusing, but it also is what makes them so darn beautiful and UNIQUE. I also love to see cuttings change/adapt to their new environment.

Edited by T-trich
  • Like 2

The plant listed on ebay as Huanucoensis for $150.00(lol) is the same plant as below, that I got from lowes labelled T. Pachanoi for a lot less but it does look gorgeous when grown right.

yHkMEQs.jpg

6z7gmZF.jpg

85k2Ohr.jpg

XJkm1EQ.jpg

All of the lowes/home depot/altman locations labelled their Trichocereus San Pedro as either T. Pachanoi "San Pedro", San Pedro "totem pole" cactus, T. Pachanoi San Pedro "monstrose". Below are some of them:

San Pedro "Totem Pole" Cactus

A0dkgk4.jpg

VhpxNBw.jpg

San Pedro "Totem Pole" Cactus ( as you can see the left most one looks to be a PC San Pedro while the rightmost one is a Monstrose or "Totem Pole" as altmans refers to it.

v0NFSkS.jpg

Qbhnmrr.jpg

• Like 1

Here are more pics of T. Pachanoi San Pedro from Altmans that seems be labelled on ebay and other forums posts as Huanucoensis. I only recently started considering mine "Huanucoensis" based on the forum posts but until then I was considering them as authentic Pachanoi.

CDeIAHZ.jpg8i7ibUr.jpg

Here are some not so well grown cuttings that I etiolated while rooting

IfXIvjB.jpgJSbDJoY.jpg

• Like 1

This is what I consider Trichocereus sp. Colossus

hfBTbwM.jpg

This is an Altmans San Pedro "Totem Pole" cactus:

tBRd8Lo.jpgGT2qJLy.jpg

• Like 2

I'm now pretty sure that Altmans is indeed the same clone as my "TPQC, which in the Connoisseur Hybrids 2012" thread I just describe as a "non-PC pachanoi type."

I found the "TPQC" about 10 years ago at the nursery in a local Target - at the time I recall thinking that it was an unusual find because here in the USA the hardware stores carry pretty much exclusively PC pachanoi.. So I snapped the thing up and have been growing it ever since.. It is a beautiful plant, generally vigorous, and gets quite fat..

Zelly planted a cutting off my TPQC clone in his yard as well - he planted it just a few years back but that thing is spectacular, it's like 10 feet tall - Zelly bro if you're reading this maybe post up a pic of yours to dazzle the folks here!

If it is indeed a species different than a pachanoi - be it macrogonus or huanucoensis or whatever I'm open to renaming it - it looks basically pachanoi to me - if you look at the pachanoi types from Peru, there are all sorts of them that have these intermediate length spines and so forth and a generally sort of peruvianus/macrogonus look - this one seems to be on that continuum somewhere.. But again, I am no expert by any stretch on trichocereus identification..

Lol, what would people prefer it be? Since a bunch of us are growing seedlings from it we have a vested interest in it being something super awesome and exotic ;) I'll think of it as a pachanoi though till we get a strong census that we should change it to something else -I'd like that we can ID it as accurately as possible since it's in a whole bunch of seedlings..

Here's a couple other pics of mine.. Those flowers there are the one's that produced the TPQC x TPM and N1 x TPQC crosses. The last pic is a N1 x TPQC seedling.

Jan24th031.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_7919_zpsd0e7c4b1.jpg

Edited by nitrogen
  • Like 3