The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
djmattz0r

Looking for Pereskiopsis (US)

Hello everyone,

I have recently been trying to graft more and more seedlings and have been running low on pereskiopsis. They just won't root and grow fast enough for me, so I am trying to increase the number of mothers so I can have proper numbers for grafting.

If anyone has any to spare or is overrun by them currently I am willing to pay or trade for them. I would prefer US members since fresh cuttings are best for peres.. Just shoot me a PM :)

Thanks <3

Edited by djmattz0r

I was going to ask what seeds did you have to trade but he got to you already.

Thanks HH :)

I was going to ask what seeds did you have to trade but he got to you already.

Answer to your question is too many, that's why I need the peres :P

Edited by djmattz0r

Thanks HH :)

Answer to your question is too many, that's why I need the peres :P

I need grafting stock other than peres. Im grafting quarter sized grafts of aztekium ritteri, and i just ran out of myrtillocactus to graft to.

I have tried one aztekium pup to pereskiopsis and its alive still, but i dont know if its attached still or not. the root stock started to pup with is sometimes a sign of a failed graft but my ariocarpus seedling grafted to peres did the same thing. i just cut off the graft and it did not produce another one.

but i have at least 6 pups of aztekium i need to get grafted and a main head as well. the root stock is on its last leg and i need to remove the pups so i dont cut them when i cut the main head for re-grafting.

so i have the option of using peresiopsis which i really dont want to do with my aztekium as they tend to split on peres.

we all have out current issues. they are not bad issues, just challenging.

Good luck on your grafting, do you typically use plastic wrap technique?

I don't apply pressure to seedlings on pereskiopsis and I usually impale graft larger scions. If I need to apply pressure on larger graft stock I use rubber bands and cotton kite twine.

Edited by djmattz0r