The Corroboree
magical9

Zircon6 ( cactus_kate_trichocereus ) strikes again!

So a little back story. I purchased a T. "Peruvianus" from Zircon6 from ebay. When i received it.. it was clear it was a T. Cuzcoensis ( TO ME ). No problem. I bought it because it looked great and I figured it was a T. Cuzcoensis since we here at SAB actually converse with other collectors to better understand the tricho's. Well when I left feedback for zircon6 on ebay of 5 stars I simply commented (for his benefit really.. no ill intentions) that it "was Definitely a T. Cuzcoensis but still a nice plant". He often sells tricho's with "???" in the name since he clearly doesn't know how to ID tricho's well enough. Now I'll admit, since I'm an adult, that I'm not a professional as there really are no "PRO" cactus identifiers that I'm aware of so I'm willing to admit I could be wrong and that its not a T. Cuzco. Ill post up close pics of the T. Cuzcoensis that I bought from zircon6 from ebay a little later.

Well I just received an email from Zircon6 from ebay. Check it out! LOL What really blew me away was that all the rumors about Zircon6 from ebay are completely true, he will ATTACK HIS CUSTOMERS if he doesn't agree with them! Its crazy! I will never buy anything from this person again and I will no longer recommend his stuff to anyone. He's lost quite a bit of business from me and my friends now. lol This is a word of warning to those who want to buy cactus from this person. Again my original intention was not any ill will only simply stating my opinion as his CUSTOMER... in hopes that maybe I could help another Tricho collector understand what he has.

Edit: He has changed his username on ebay to "cactus_kate_trichocereus" just an FYI.

lfkZFGk.png

cactus_kate_trichocereus from ebay

cactus_kate_trichocereus on ebay

zircon6 from ebay

zircon6 on ebay

post-14335-0-77243200-1400708701_thumb.p

post-14335-0-77243200-1400708701_thumb.png

post-14335-0-77243200-1400708701_thumb.png

Edited by magical9
  • Like 4

All I can say is, his prices are ridiculous!! And the plants he's selling under T. peruvianus definitely look like T. cuzcoensis, or what was sold as 'T. peruvianus' by BBB and others in the past.

• Like 2

I simply use MS Smith's method for detirmining T. Cuzcoensis and it hasnt failed me yet. First thing I look for are 2 central spines and the flared out spine base. This is prominent on all 3 of my different T. Cuzcoensis. The more I think about his statement at the end of the email the more I think he is threatening me. In which case... heh..

• Like 1

Exactly. And it really looks to me to be the same clone that was sold by BBB as peruvianus. Could be an intermediate form or some kind of hybrid, I doubt they'd be able to sell that much of them if it was 'true' cuzcoensis in every sense. But definitely not what we consider T. peruvianus these days.

That seller seems to be a really unsavoury individual, wouldn't want to do bussines with someone like that...

• Like 1

Anyone that discourages people to grow from seed because you 'don't know the parents' and 'crosses are mutts' then turns around and sells seed grown and plants labeled hybrid ???. Is a fucking idiot and hypocrite.

I'm not usually a spiteful person and can generally find amicable grounds with anyone but fuck this guy.

Just look at his website how people ask for growing tips or what's wrong with their cacti and he tells them they are sick or just generally bashes them.

He calls this his 'hobby' and that he makes no money from it really but just look at the price tags.... How much would it take for him to make money?

I have a single specimen from a private grower sourced from him as kk242 which looks like most would call macrogonus. I've never and will never give this shiesty motherfucker any of my money.

Okay my rant is over now...... I think....... For now anyways.......

Edited by EthnoGuy85
  • Like 5

Never dealt with him, never will, not even for a "teaching moment." He wouldn't believe Britton & Rose, Backeberg, or even Ritter. I doubt he would pay any attention to Bob Ressler either (https://www.flickr.com/photos/wwwcolumnarcactuscom/sets/72157632459152371).

He's not about to let anything get between him and your money.

~Michael~

• Like 1

I like how he calls PC pachanoi "Real Deal Cactus Kate Pachanoi" I should buy one just to post on the feedback about how it's actually PC pachanoi. I'd probably get a real nasty email though. Lol.

• Like 1

All you have to do is resell his Cactus Kate PC Pedro on ebay as "PC San Pedro, AKA: Cactus Kate" and hopefully his customers will put two and two together. ;) although im sure he would try to sue you.

Edited, was wondering if the talk was about sab's cactus kate but the website in the photo showed it cant be?

Edited by in_spirit

Here are the pictures of the T. Cuzcoensis. Let me know if im way off base here and if its really a T. Peruvianus.

UcnKDHp.jpgUtWgChP.jpgHyGtZPW.jpgQq6GbBB.jpgxord0vD.jpgvzVqClJ.jpgQ4WIshx.jpgHzi0Ikz.jpg0Bg25Rj.jpg

post-14335-0-71752200-1400728177_thumb.j

post-14335-0-88085900-1400728218_thumb.j

post-14335-0-60870000-1400728262_thumb.j

post-14335-0-70876100-1400728288_thumb.j

post-14335-0-47692200-1400728329_thumb.j

post-14335-0-11047900-1400728371_thumb.j

post-14335-0-09713100-1400728395_thumb.j

post-14335-0-52720700-1400728436_thumb.j

post-14335-0-19153400-1400728482_thumb.j

post-14335-0-71752200-1400728177_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-88085900-1400728218_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-60870000-1400728262_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-70876100-1400728288_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-47692200-1400728329_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-11047900-1400728371_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-09713100-1400728395_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-52720700-1400728436_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-19153400-1400728482_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-71752200-1400728177_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-88085900-1400728218_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-60870000-1400728262_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-70876100-1400728288_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-47692200-1400728329_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-11047900-1400728371_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-09713100-1400728395_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-52720700-1400728436_thumb.jpg

post-14335-0-19153400-1400728482_thumb.jpg

Edited by magical9
  • Like 1

I'd say Cuzco a very nice one but nonetheless......

Definitely looks Cuzco to me. I'm sure plenty more people will chime in. :)

I've now seen a few threads that are pretty negative towards this particular seller. Seems like he's happy to be rude to people with some knowledge and to just keep selling overpriced stuff to people super keen to get their hands on a Trich.

Wen i look on ebay and see "PC" pedros labeled as Trichocereus Pchanoi It disappoints me because Zicron6 is a well known distributer whos been marketing Trichos for quite sometime so one would assume he would have the capability too correctly I.D his plants , He disregards what knowledge the San Francisco botanical garden has on their plants & he labels their pachanoi As being "Peruvianus fastest" Now who names a cactus "fastest" , somebody who only cares about money . "Hey buddy I have this cactus , it's not like rest man I promise , it's the FASTEST"

I would consider him the Walmart of cactus , as a person who's soul purpose is too generate profit and in order too make a buck he would sell your children

the only difference is he charges out the yang for his unadulterated product.

It's sad that money takes the love & enjoyment away from an everlasting hobby ,

you would think he"d start bids on a lower margin that way people new too the hobby could decide what they want too pay for them. I guess there's no such thing as an honest business man.

I laugh when I ever I read about "cactus Kate pachanois" because they aren't even pachanois , Atleast from what I can tell , they may be San Pedro cactus , but they aren't pachanoi .

• Like 2

Anyone that discourages people to grow from seed because you 'don't know the parents' and 'crosses are mutts' then turns around and sells seed grown and plants labeled hybrid ???. Is a fucking idiot and hypocrite.

It's gonna be real interesting to see what Verne does with the 1100 hybrid tricho seeds he bought from me a few months ago.....

Edited, was wondering if the talk was about sab's cactus kate but the website in the photo showed it cant be?

two different people, thousands of miles apart, using the same name; one a man named verne masquerading as a woman

• Like 2

TBH i like this seller. Not going to lie about it because i got some amazing plants from him.

I fully agree that the cactus in question is at least cuzo hybrid if not a full breed. but most of his trichs are not cuzo.

I personally agree with the not growing from seed thing to a point: if you are looking for good genetics of something you want live cutting is the best way to go. With seed you wont know for YEARS if it is what it is suppose to be or not. With live cuttings it can still be a hybrid but it is easier to tell. with seeds its just a cluster f**k of genetics. that is not to say i wont grow from seed as i do and will continue to do. I just select whos seed i grow with care. i prefer Koehres seed stock from germany.

I will also agree that the person running the ebay (who also runs trichocereus.com) is somewhat of a jerk and a dumbass. His soil mixture is 50% perlite and 50% sphagnum peat moss based potting soil. horrible for cacti and trichocereus. I got into it with him about the importance of lime stone and soil mixture and he told me none of it worked. i told him lime ston, course sand, black top soil with no woodchips, and minor amounts of coconut coir worked very well with cacti. he claims that lime stone kills cacti, which it can with some species but not trichocereus.

regardless i will still buy from him as there are literally NO there peruvian torch dealers out there that i can find.

The Peruvian Torch i got from him at the start of this year. it had a longer section also attached to it which is in this pot. it is just over 2 feet tall.

post-14984-0-43091900-1400744058_thumb.j

post-14984-0-15250500-1400744138_thumb.j

Edited by mod for discussion of alkaloids. WT

post-14984-0-43091900-1400744058_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-15250500-1400744138_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-43091900-1400744058_thumb.jpg

post-14984-0-15250500-1400744138_thumb.jpg

Edited by watertrade

Cactus Kate is a guy? I always thought it was a really excited chick... always using capital letters and all on forums....

• Like 1

Hello Billy, there is no Discussion about Potency allowed here! So please make sure not to write anything in this regard in your posts again.

I do not comment on personal Opinions and you're certainly totally free to like or dislike anyone you want. But the thing about getting cultivars having better genetics is factually not true. Of course you get exactly the type of Cultivar that you acquired, but that has nothing to do with health or a cultivar being superior in any way. The opposite is the case. They suffer from more genetic defects and virus infections, simply because they´ve been around for longer, what increases the likelihood of Infection. You can always have bad luck with seeds and end up with plants that have bad genetics. But that depends on the parents and the same applies to a cultivar. When you buy a cultivar, you know nothing about the genetics. You know how it looks. But since the Appearance of a Plant is totally depending on the environment, it was grown in, that doesn´t mean anything about genetic health. The Plant could be a genetic mess, which is totally prone to Black Rot, flowers very reluctantly, grows slower and so on.

regardless i will still buy from him as there are literally NO there peruvian torch dealers out there that i can find.

Check out Sacred Succulents in California. They have a great selection. Or check ebay.com. If it´s anything like ebay.de in regard to Peruvianus, you should get some nice plants there every now and then.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

There was a famous woman named Cactus Kate in the US. She had a shitload of big pedros at her nursery. I think she died about 10 years ago.

I think it's a bit disrespectful for this guy to actually use her name. Obviously to capitalize on her reputation etc.

There's also a corroboree member from Tassie who goes by the name cactus kate. I'm guessing her first name actually is Kate though, and prolly never new about the original Cactus Kate in USA.

correct me if I'm wrong...

post-8867-0-56938400-1400753809_thumb.jp

1990SanPedro.jpg

1990SanPedro.jpg

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Zircon also hates trout , because his book shows exactly how much of a lying twat he(zircon) is.

He knows exactly what he's doing .

What's worse is that his ebay rep is 100 , meaning a shit ton of people are falling for that shit.

As several people above pointed out , he's a major hypocrite.

And pretending your animals are saying unfunny things isn't cute .

For awhile he was selling fat pc clones as "trichocereus peruvianus var juuls Giant"

I think he has since changed it because he got a lot of shit for it. Wss, bbb and many other vendors sell cuzco as peruvianus.

Idk if it's because they don't know or just can't ID .

• Like 1

I fully agree that the cactus in question is at least cuzo hybrid if not a full breed. but most of his trichs are not cuzo.

I personally agree with the not growing from seed thing to a point: if you are looking for good genetics of something you want live cutting is the best way to go. With seed you wont know for YEARS if it is what it is suppose to be or not. With live cuttings it can still be a hybrid but it is easier to tell. with seeds its just a cluster f**k of genetics. that is not to say i wont grow from seed as i do and will continue to do. I just select whos seed i grow with care. i prefer Koehres seed stock from germany.

I will also agree that the person running the ebay (who also runs trichocereus.com) is somewhat of a jerk and a dumbass. His soil mixture is 50% perlite and 50% sphagnum peat moss based potting soil. horrible for cacti and trichocereus. I got into it with him about the importance of lime stone and soil mixture and he told me none of it worked. i told him lime ston, course sand, black top soil with no woodchips, and minor amounts of coconut coir worked very well with cacti. lime stone is supposedly also used in alkaloid production so its important to have. he claims that lime stone kills cacti, which it can with some species but not trichocereus.

regardless i will still buy from him as there are literally NO there peruvian torch dealers out there that i can find

I find this laughable. You haven't looked very hard then.

I just personally am not giving my money to a con artist that's fucking over his customers.

Apparently he's the only person that has legit Trichocereus and accurate info.

• Like 2

Hello Billy, there is no Discussion about Potency allowed here! So please make sure not to write anything in this regard in your posts again.

I do not comment on personal Opinions and you're certainly totally free to like or dislike anyone you want. But the thing about getting cultivars having better genetics is factually not true. Of course you get exactly the type of Cultivar that you acquired, but that has nothing to do with health or a cultivar being superior in any way. The opposite is the case. They suffer from more genetic defects and virus infections, simply because they´ve been around for longer, what increases the likelihood of Infection. You can always have bad luck with seeds and end up with plants that have bad genetics. But that depends on the parents and the same applies to a cultivar. When you buy a cultivar, you know nothing about the genetics. You know how it looks. But since the Appearance of a Plant is totally depending on the environment, it was grown in, that doesn´t mean anything about genetic health. The Plant could be a genetic mess, which is totally prone to Black Rot, flowers very reluctantly, grows slower and so on.

Check out Sacred Succulents in California. They have a great selection. Or check ebay.com. If it´s anything like ebay.de in regard to Peruvianus, you should get some nice plants there every now and then.

Granted i am new here but i mentioned nothing about potency. what i said was limestone is used for proper alkaloid production, that is not necessarily referring to mescaline, in fact i was referring to a good dozen or so other alkaloids in the cactus. had i meant it to be about potency i would have said such.

Seriously not trying to be a smart ass here, i just dont see where i went wrong?

Also, i really dont understand what you are going on about genetics for. All i said was that cross breeds are out there by the butt load and you never know if what you are getting is a man made hybrid or not, most of the time it is. am i missing something here? what were you replying to here?

Also Sacred succulent i have to order this 2 dollar catalog from him with all his plants in it because on his web site he has NO pictures of what he is selling, only descriptions. Also i have no idea if they sell 2+ foot long cuttings/seed grown plant or how good their plants are without pictures.

The ebay here hardly has anything on it other than your typical PC Pachanot san pedro, there are foot long cuttings of peruvian torch sold on ebay here but at god awful prices. And i harly ever see anything over a foot tall and its never rooted.

I find this laughable. You haven't looked very hard then.

I just personally am not giving my money to a con artist that's fucking over his customers.

Apparently he's the only person that has legit Trichocereus and accurate info.

Sorry, then please list some places because i have been looking for almost 2 years now. instead of belittling me why not offer advise/help?

Billy, I'm puzzled why you would have so much trouble after looking for "almost 2 years now"? You should have been able to locate and purchase just about every Trichocereus species that is commercially available in the USA during that much time.

Maybe try doing a google search for Trichocereus peruvianus plants or for Trichocereus peruvianus for sale? That would be my first suggestion.

Edited by trucha
  • Like 2

Billy, I'm puzzled why you would have so much trouble after looking for "almost 2 years now"? You should have been able to locate and purchase just about every Trichocereus species that is commercially available in the USA during that much time.

Maybe try doing a google search for Trichocereus peruvianus plants or for Trichocereus peruvianus for sale? That would be my first suggestion.

Believe it or not i have use google and many other forms of the internet to try and find peruvian torches. Most of the time every link ends up at a site selling foot long PT cuttings for 30 bucks which is not what im looking for. Sure i can find every kind of trichocereus under the sun as a small little cutting. But when you want something 2 feet or more that is another story.

PLase, be my guest. Find a web page that sells what i seek. BEcause i would gladly fall to the ground in worship because you succeeded where i failed.