The Corroboree

My friend just got diagnosed with melorheostosis(a rare bone disease)..would like to know if anyone in the community believes aya could do some healing and would love to hear other ayahuasca success/healing stories

I think your friends main concern is whether or not Ayahuasca will negatively interact with their current medicines. They need to talk to a doctor about it.

• Like 4

Thanks for the reply rahli,but my friend she has just been diagnosed and isn't on any medication yet. That's why I posted this question before she goes mainstream with the big pharma quacks etc

I am with rahli on this one. I believe ayahuasca can do a lot of healing but this is complex case and a complex condition well beyond my ability to really offer advice.

I would talk at great length to a western medical doctor to find as much out about the conventional treatment as possible and medications involved.

I would then investigate in great depth the types of shamanic retreats offered overseas involving ayahuasca until you found one that rang with you and your friend and had positive reviews or an absence of negative reviews, and was set up to be comfortable and easily accessible.

I would then ask this group and its main curandero in great detail about their program and discuss the details of your friend's condition. If they don't respond well to your questions, look elsewhere.

I would look for a curandero who had some knowledge of the diverse medicines of the rainforest and not only ayahuasca, as their may be beneficial supplementary herbs to use in conjunction with and following ayahuasca use and that are not contraindicated with the medications and treatments.

I would look for someone who offered a short program with a series of ceremonies, like a week or two.

I am not sure ayahuasca could or would make the condition worse and I am not sure it would make the condition better, but it would most likely improve your friend's overall health and reaction to treatment; it will most likely improve your friend's emotional temperament. It may be something worth considering before starting the western therapy, or something to follow after, I don't think it would replace it altogether.

The key here, in my opinion, is finding someone of high integrity and knowledge to assist you in coming to the medicine in safe space.

All the best.

Edited by Micromegas
  • Like 4

I'm sure the folks over at the ayahuasca forum would know a lot about healing with ayahuasca. If you need a more pharmacological perspective there are some awful clever doctors and such at the dmt nexus. If your friend is serious about taking their health...... And life???? Into the arms of ayahuasca I would suggest to them that they start doing some investigating along these lines for their own selves. The first step to ayahuasca healing in my opinion is taking responsibility for ones self. If your friend would prefer a shaman take responsibility for her health then you are asking in the wrong place, because as far as I know there are no practicing traditional ayahuascaros on the forum.......but I could be wrong.

All the best for your friend and I hope she finds her way.

Edited by rahli
  • Like 3

eleMenOHpee if your question regarding healing is in relation to physical healing I personally don't believe Aya will have the desired effects. I've read a few anecdotal reports over the years about Aya "curing" cancer and the likes - but to my knowledge there is little scientific evidence to suggest healing on a physical level. In saying that, I am by no means an expert on peer reviewed literature on Aya nor do I have a medical background. However as mentioned by the lads above it could have a positive effect on your friends emotional/mental/spiritual health, which in turn could assist in the journey with potential treatment options. I wish you all the best with your research and your friends treatment.

J.

• Like 1

Thanks again guys,my mates a shaman who's a member of this forum and have already hooked up a meeting so no need for the epic amazon adventure. Great info provided anyway,information is key and just like western medicine it's good for extra opinions from anyone with knowledge of the plant teachers. Ps not sure if they are even goin to give her meds as apparently there's only been about 300 reported cases of this in Australia and quite possibly could be the first time someone has consulted mother aya about this disease

• Like 1

So what is your shaman friends response to your original question.? Do they believe your friend can be cured through drinking the vine?

• Like 1

i think westerners have had major issues when interpreting some of this cultural stuff.

for example i dont think aya masters or whatevz meant healing... like all things.

i think what is meant by healing is a psychological process that aids a person in there future... by giving them a more insightfull understanding of the self... this in turn helps them make better decissions ultimatly leading them on a healther journey. so you may call that healed i guess because you are less likly to fuck yourself up doing some stupid shit than you were before your "healing" experiance.

dont underestimate western medical practice. your friend is in good hands if visiting an australian hospital.

much better than some jungle full of ants actually.

dont underestimate western medical practice. your friend is in good hands if visiting an australian hospital.

much better than some jungle full of ants actually.

I respectfully disagree. If said friend had an injury, needed surgery, or immediate medical attention then perhaps so; but for chronic disease or terminal illness I don't believe so.

Don't underestimate what western medical practice underestimates :wink:

• Like 2

hmmmmm.

nope.

for anything physical other than a sore thumb ide rather be in an australian hospital.

for psychological care i would prefer being in the jungle that is for sure.

i think medical advice is best left to professional and unsure peeps are best directed to them. no?

Wert, avoiding "doing some stupid shit" in the future isn't the only possible benefit of taking psychedelics. I don't believe that aya can heal bone deformities, but illnesses rarely occur in total isolation, and sometimes some things can be improved by having a healthy mind - stress makes many conditions worse, and psychological improvements may have real physical benefits also. This may especially be the case with poorly-understood, tricky-to-treat chronic illnesses like this one. The psychological side of things - accepting the daily fact of pain & disability and surety of the condition worsening over time - the impact of this is often overlooked in management of chronic conditions. Even minor & temporary improvements like a decrease of drug side-effects, or lower stress levels, can have a big effect on the person's quality of life. It's difficult to emphasise just how important mindset can be when facing long-term or permanent illness. I don't think anyone has suggested ayahuasca as a substitute for conventional therapy, but it doesn't have to be an either-or situation.

• Like 2

i totally agree.

im sorry if i appeared to come off a tad neg on the aya.

im not against it at all. im just reiterating that our medical proticols are pretty darn good but i guess that isnt the topic on hand so ill admit being a bit of a tool.

re aya healing though.

i think if the right thoughts are on hand... the right emotions follow... the chemicals do there thingys and miraculas feats are accomplished.

dont need aya to do this... but it sure helps.

i really hope i didnt come off as unsimpathetic. i appoligize. im a tool most times.

All good mate, never thought you were being a tool, just wanted to clarify. Which you have done nicely, thankyou :)

So what is your shaman friends response to your original question.? Do they believe your friend can be cured through drinking the vine?

I spoke to the shaman and like Justler said previously physically no,emotionally yes. As aya isn't a cure all but could help give some answers into acceptance of this disease,why me? Etc.. Also talked about some mushroom therapy for the depression,hemp oil for the pain,meditation,less meat more greens,anything that raises your vibration,spirit an so on. It's now up to her to research on aya and decide. I my self haven't tried aya yet,but have had Afew amazing journeys with changa(which is apparently the closet experience to aya)and hope she decides to do it,so she can experience that afterlife moment you get from a heavy ego death

• Like 1

Also one of my previous posts my stats were wrong,this disease has only 300 reported cases in the world and my mate is actually being paid to fly to America this october so they can study this further.

I respectfully disagree. If said friend had an injury, needed surgery, or immediate medical attention then perhaps so; but for chronic disease or terminal illness I don't believe so.

Don't underestimate what western medical practice underestimates :wink:

i wholeheartedly agree with you on this. speaking from personal experience, western medicine is geared towards dealing with acute conditions, and isn't really sure what it's doing for constitutional issues that it can't just throw antibiotics at (hyperbole).

• Like 1

y'know that if it wer'nt for the technological advance our industrialization have expressed our knolledge let alone understanding of this psychotropics potential and its origen probably would lay... well where its bennifits are far more likely to heal a rarety far from mainstream documentation.

still think aya is the go but.