The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

Psychedelic Pirate album - free download

My band recorded an improvised jam album recently. Main session (left guitars, drums, bass, some vocals, loops) all done in 5 hours at our rehearsal room on a crappy old Roland VS2000CD. Vocal, keyboard, congas and additional guitar overdubs recorded following weekend. Very off the cuff spontaneous playing! Kinda of a mash up between acid rock, funk, rock, progressive rock, blues and jazz. Enjoy!

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/stonebones

Album songs are 'Rum sunrise' through to 'Rum sunset'. 320kps MP3 free downloads.

• Like 1

Sweet jams bro, have you heard "cave" at all? You'd really enjoy their album "neverendless"

Peace

Thanks man! I have not heard of them but will look them up. Lately I've been getting into a relatively unknown Norweigen instrumental band called 'Causa Sui' and some old 70's live Miles Davis jazz funk albums 'Agharta' and 'Pangaea'. Pure awesomeness.

The old free jazz was the beez kneez hey. So under rated, so psychedelic! Flying lotus did an album called cosmagrammer, new electronic take in some classic jazz structures, interesting sampling too! He's of the Coltrane bloodline too so you know it's good ;)

You'll really enjoy cave as a jam band, I'll check out your other recommendations too! While your at it, "destruction unit" is a new fav of mine, mix between doom/punk/60's stoner acid rock. Very jammy in it's songs structures, a bit of an assault but well worth the sit!

• Like 1

I had another listen this arvo man, it's good, great even! You guys should be stoked with this, it's right up there!

Thanks for the kind words. It was sort of an experiment for us. We usually jam at rehearsal in between learning songs and it sometimes sounds good so we decided to record it properly (well a porta studio with 8 inputs). Ive also written some other new stuff where Im playing bass, maybe I can upload that. Actually I do play bass on one pirate song ~ first part of black ball line.

cheers

concur wholeheartedly

you put ya mouth where your money is when it comes to creative expression. thank-you for sharing your mystical magical musical journeys. really appreciator ya tracks ya laying down groovy1.

tis in my roartation mix.

cheers