The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest teige

Datura

Guest teige

Hello my freind has some Datura.

Can anyone please tell me is it bad or is it good.

What i mean is by eating the seeds.

Should I take it or not please help.

Hi Teige

It would probably not be in your best interests to ingest datura it is a seriously powerful and dangerous plant.It can permanently damage your sight(not 100% sure about the permanent thing)a foaf could not see properly for a week after taking datura.If you do some research you will find some other unpleasant effects that should justify my warning.

Guest PoppymaN

Hey,

Some people find it more pleasant than others

Ive been doing some research about these plants too, and ive heard that sometimes 20

will do nothing and other times 5 will make you jump off buildings eek.gif

But unless you've got a friend looking after you to make sure you don't walk in front of a car and shit i suggest you stay away from this. But if you do feel the need to ingest them, hide your car keys or get a friend to mind them...

Layter, wink.gif

>PoppymaN<

Guest mulga

In the case where you you know little to nothing about the plant you're taking, dosage effects etc, then I would suggest you don't do it. Especially with Datura seeds, which are often the most potent part of the plant.

Also just as an anecdote, I believe that Victoria has some obscure law about poisoning yourself, and many people would consider consumption of Datura seed as satisfying this criteria, ie poisoning yourself.

With the exception of one person, everyone I've spoken to about their Datura experiences woke up in hospital or some other 'health facility' largely ignorant of what had happened to them. The exception was when there were straight sitters with the person and could keep them out of harms way.

a FOAF has tried datura about 6 times.

never by tgaking the seeds, only eating

fresh flowers or making a tea.

datura is VERY!!! dangerous, u need respect for her!

my friend loves datura but is careful not to take too much.

she is the only drug that gives true hallucinations, u forget that u are trippin

and beleive everything to be true. smile.gif

take care if experimenting with her and

be prepared for a 12-36 hour trip! biggrin.gif

have fun & be careful

she can kill you!

Teige ya dog - need a second opinion, ey !

Every body ELSE, I'm the guy that Teige told ye all aboot - so if you've got something to say aboot me, say it now !

And Teige, nice to see ya concerned ! Catcha at school Munday !

Guest teige

TB.

Sup.

Yeah just checking up stuff to make sure you dont hurt yaself pal.

Cya Round.

Guest teige

Yeah just looking out for you.

With Datura does anyone know what happens if you crush the seeds into powder and smoke them.

Cause i read somewhere you can do that.

Any Info

I once had a place in the bush, where I lived for a long time.

Somebody gave me a datura tree, which I planted outside the fence, approx. 50 m from the house.

I fertilized and watered it and it grew well.

Soon it had nice, bell-shaped flowers.

I had heard many stories and I had some experiences with atropin many years ago in another country. So I never ate or smoked or drank any part of the plant. I just enjoyed the smell and the looks of it.

One day, without conciously deciding to do it, I was so overwhelmed by the smell, that I put my face directly into the flower and inhaled deeply, several times. I repeated this at approximately hourly intervals about ten times. That day and night nothing happened. The next day we went for a long, long car trip up the coast to Northern Queensland. As it was my car, I was driving it. There were 3 other passengers at board. We were driving through tropical rainforest. Without any other forewarning, I could suddenly see the trees change into pre-historic monsters, tyrannosaurus rex was there and all his companions. I could discover ever new species. It was amazing. Some of the best hallucinations I have ever had, and utterly real. When I told my companions about it, they banished me immediately from the steering wheel and told me to fuck off into the backseat. The hallucinations lasted for a long time. This was 24 hours after inhaling the flower smell. There were no ill side effects.

I always loved my datura.

A year later or so, some dickheads from the city came and visited and were head over heels excited when they found out I had a datura. Without even asking my permission, they took some parts of it and ingested them. Not at my place, so I don't know what happened to them.

Some time later, however, some angry neighbours came over and complained about my datura. They said "Even the smell is poisoning the air..." They demanded me to destroy the datura plant. I refused and told them to fuck off.

A few weeks later i noticed my datura was dying. The bastards had ringbarked it.

And they even killed her children, some new shoots(pups?) which I had planted at different spots.

Just about all my neighbours at that place sucked and were stupid rednecks at heart, even if they pretended to be so "progressive" on the outside.

That's one of the main reasons I'm not at that place any more. I hate rednecks.

Yes

and unfortunately it seems that Queensland is full of them(rednecks that is).

frown.gif

Datura / Brugmansia is one of the easiest psychoactives to get. They grow in many places and many people are familiar with them. This sense of familiarity breeds a contempt that could easily cost you your life.

If I had a chance to do it all again, I would do datura pretty well last. Nothing had prepared me for the darkness and the sheer terror I experienced (at age 23). It was one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had, but the simple fact that I was not prepared for it meant that I missed a lot of what i could have learnt. After my first big trip I was too scared to ever go quite as far again.

You seem to know so little about this plant, that it seems unwise to go ahead with this experiment. And if I understand right, you are certainly not at an age or time in your life where you will be able to fully assimilate the experience. You wouldn't be the first highschooler to end up in hospital over this. The simple fact that you don't want an ambulance if things go wrong shows that you are not ready, cos an ambulance may be the only thing that stands between you and death if things get out of hand. Datura is entirely unpredictable and she will eat your soul and body if she wants to. The sideffects from this drug are not a freak-out or paranoid delusions (although they may be there as well) like you would expect from maybe mushrooms or other illicit drugs....the side effect may be death.

have you ever had a really really bad sore throat? And then tried to drink straight lemon juice? Well, the guaranteed side effect you will get is just that, but it will last for at least the day, frequently several days. It is unquenchable. All you want to do is drink, but your throat hurts so much and you cry with every sip. Your vision may disappear - usually for the duration of the trip and possibly the rest of the day. Sometimes for a few days. But you never know. The uncertainlty whether your vision will come back will haunt you in your fragile and delusional state of mind. Ever been blind for a day??

And you will feel like shit!

This is not a fun trip. It is an ordeal...and it should only be used in that context.

my new years resolution this year was to be more accepting of good advice and to act upon it, so far this has been rewarding for me. after reading torstens response re datura i would genuinely urge others to accept that as GOOD advice. not trying to preach or get on a soapbox here - just one mans opinion.

Guest reville

I totally agree with the cautionary words

the best info you can get is as much as possible

teige it seems your knowledge on the matters is not quite what it should be considering youre looking to take on of the more powerful plants that is both intense and long lasting

as well as all this other advice id recommend reading up on just how this plant affects you mentally and physiologically

i have never tried this plant but i have had

hyoscine before an it gave me hallucination like ive never had since and while on it i did really stupid things like emptying half a can of surface spray into my hair to kill the spiders that my hair had turned into.

i know one day ill try it again but ive worked with other plants now so i think i know myself better which i think makes it much safer.

SPEAKING OF SEMI/PERMANENT BLINDNESS.NUTMEG,CAREFULL GENTLEMEN,VERY CAREFULL.ALSO NOT SURE IF THE (TREX-DATURA) STORY HAS BEEN COLOURED BUT I DO KNOW FOR AFACT THAT AN INHALING MIXTURE OF VIX AND DATURA WILL PRODUCE HEAVILY INTENSE RESULTS.PERHAPS IN PART TO SOME INTER-MUSCULAR ABSORTION,THAT IS, IT WAS RUBBED ON MY CHEST.

AN INHALING MIXTURE OF VIX AND DATURA WILL PRODUCE HEAVILY INTENSE RESULTS

could you tell us more about this mindmelt? how was the mixture made, what parts of the plant used, a trip report?

feel free to email me [email protected] if you'd rather

I think it would have mostly been because of skin absorbtion, they used to make motion sickness patches similar to nicoteine patches which were based on the active chemical in Datura.

Guest Psilo_smylin

If you must experience delerium (and yes I have, blindness too).

Here is what most may say.

Some big lessons can come in small packages.

Don't let it be the last big lesson.

Trust in education and the good ol` foaf did this.....

HARM MINIMISATION!!!

Confidence in yourself and SITTER/S.

Preperation for expectations(read).

Opinion, seeds "WORSE" Brugmansia. s LEAVES tea or smoked "BETTER".

You may be lucky and have an eye opening(? wink.gif experience.

That is if you can recall.

Good luck

and remember harm minimisation.

P.s if this goes ahead I suggest a sturdy belt and the best underwear you have.

Believe me.

smile.gif