The Corroboree

Question

Hey there, I was wondering if you guys would be able to help me out on getting an i.d on the crest plant below.

It is absolutely beautiful and freakish in size.

20140226_155953.jpg

20140226_155948.jpg

20140226_155852.jpg

20140226_155843.jpg

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Hi Trippgardener! Fantastic Plants! I would LOVE to see better Pictures! The crest is a monstrose Cereus. Are you sure it´s one Plant? Because the long Cactus doesnt look like cereus. Please try to make some better photos, like flowers and such. The flowering Crest just looks beautiful.

• Like 1

Definately some sort of cereus. I have the same plant but no where near the size..

I would like to see more of the columnar as well.

• Like 1

Awesome guys thanks for your replies. Haha I did think we might have some problems with my photo skills my bad. :P But I will try and get a few nicer pics for you tomorrow which will hopefully give you guys enough information for an i.d, Might be Monday as I am heading out bush for the weekend.

Evil Genius they are 2 different cactus, should have cleared that up. I wouldn't mind getting a solid i.d on the columnar next to it because me and a friend were having quite a debate over it, would be nice to have that cleared up. :D These things are massive about 18 - 24 ft I am a tall 6 ft something and don't even come close to a quarter of these things in size.

I know those plants, hate they way old mate has tied the columns together. When ever I drive past I just cringe.

• Like 1

Is that garden in Moorabin?

We will probably be able to ID it if you get better Pics. Flowers and Body look like it might be Trichocereus.

They're in Chelt. Cereus hildemanianus and the monstrose variety

• Like 1

yeah they are located in the chelt/moorabin area. Thanks for the i.d. I want to get some more pictures anyway there so nice looking hopefully I'll have them up for you soon just got back from camping, bit stuffed still. :)