The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bullit

uploading pics

i hate cropping pics to fit 2mbs . why cant we upload larger pics?? u can on most other sites. got no camera @ the moment. most peeps have pones now and they r well good 4 pics! hate cropping pics to fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i already say that :unsure:

on facey u can just upload .. go on haters :BANGHEAD2:

• Like 1

whinging bitch. haha

• Like 2

If I don't want to crop a jpeg, my simple fix is to just adjust the "quality" setting down until the file is small enough. Although I'm sure there must be some photography types cringing right now, it never seems to affect how the image looks onscreen. There's probably a less retarded solution though.

• Like 1

i use a program called irfanview. i can do heaps of different things like shrink and resize

• Like 2

solved thanks billioz 1468687_1416520121935553_478511904_n.jpg

• Like 1

Formal complaint.. CANT LINK PHOTOS FROM INSTAGRAM.. WHAT THE FUCK!? Why is this? Can we change this?

Try the New... Advanced jpeg compressor 2014

It works perfectly...

Been using this since the days of Dialup

Open picture in Paint. Click Resize, Select Percentage and then enter 50 in each column. Easiest way to resize pictures on winblows machines. It's an inbuilt program.

• Like 2

bullit, the reason why there is a size limit is simply because of server costs. Facebook and other places collect revenue from the advertising they show you, but this forum is entirely paid by me and there is no advertising. Thing is that you VERY rarely need more than 2MB to show what you want to show. In most cases people would simply upload huge files because they are too lazy to edit them. That's fine for services that collect revenue from your presence, but for me it just comes out of my pocket. If you need to post bigger images please host them elsewhere and link. But better would be to edit them appropriately so that you don't waste other member's downloads.

Nice Hamilton's shot Torsten.

2Mb files are huge by jpg standards! Sure a modern camera generates larger files but for posting online 1024xwhatever is generally enough, in my case I even limit file size to 400kb when I work up a photo for online use. With no crops in my case that's going from 6000x4000 and around 9mb to 1024x683 and >400kb.

Below photo is a mere 333kb, can you tell?.

DSC012311_zps22f2794f.jpg

Sure the original sized image has fine details that you won't be able to see in a downscale. Here's a portion without any scaling.

DSC01231_zps9ca37902.jpg

Edited by Snowfella
  • Like 1