The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

I reckon I'll stretch my legs on the morrow as well. Pretty damp and humid up this way, hopefully with some added steam from some sunny breaks.

Sending big love to everyone who may have been flood impacted. It is my hope that, at the very least nature, and all the water, will be generous in her offers of fungal support to provide healing for all who seek it.

Peace and blessings,

RC

Dunno why - but upon seeing the amount of rando fungi popping up in my yard I decided to go for a drive. Cyans are still out. Though not many. However - I found these cyans I wish I took a picture of. They were literally multi coloured on top. Base colour pale white cyan, with a yellow metallic look and blue green veins running through it. Tiny - 5cent piece size. Almost like those metallic beetles you see. 

im sure they were cyans. But damn - I weighed them wet. 3.5g very wet. And it feels like I’ve had 3.5g dry. I only wanted a micro dose lol. But this is crazy strong. 

^ A very important point of difference here which needs further investigation me thinks.

I have heard people say that a standard conversion rate from wet to dry weight, in terms of potency, is 10:1, as in 10 wet grams are the equivalent of 1 dried gram, and have come across this online as well.

That may well be the case for cubensis, but it is not for cyans. Not sure if it is because of the higher levels of psilocin in cyans, but I would recommend good folk do not apply the 10:1 conversion to pan cyans. For whatever reason they do not translate that way, and likewise from a microdosing perspective. Measuring a sub-threshold dose in cyans could be difficult with iffy scales for sure. Go slow :wink:

Hey RC and fellow shroomers

Have you found the season bad for cubes? We did a bit of travelling today without luck the other day only a small lot of tiny cubes. 

• Like 1

Now it is a bit cool, but early in the season... definitely a prolific season from my perspective ;)

• Like 1

Outdoor patches of cubes have slowed to nothing, though one did pop up the other day from my limited observations.  I am new to SE QLD and was wondering if anyone is finding subs yet? I have been looking in some likely areas,  but understand it might be too early.  If anyone finds any, let me know and I will double my efforts and visit locations more frequently. 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2022 at 11:12 AM, -RC- said:

Now it is a bit cool, but early in the season... definitely a prolific season from my perspective ;)

That is great to hear RC. I think,  we relied on our old patch, which wasnt producing anything but was constantly wet.  Roadside viewing didnt work, had to explore the fields to see the cubes,   though we managed to find a great paddock west of the ranges, and last week collected some cubes of various sizes, today it was sparse with a few old small cubes, so i would say the season has ended, now its time to find the QLD subs- once we had some cold blast and some rain :lol:

• Like 1

:lol: back to check the paddock today,  wasnt expecting much with it being winter (start of), there were quite  a few cubes, but we had to search for them, i would say this place would be prolific in summer

20220607_180432.thumb.jpg.2297dee177ec00fc8be6eb44c17c4b24.jpg

20220607_180432.thumb.jpg.2297dee177ec00fc8be6eb44c17c4b24.jpg

• Like 1

With minimum temps pushing up to 20C it looks like we might have an early start this year. All we need is more heat because there is already sooo much water in the ground.

Eyes down peeps ;)

• Thanks 1

If these temps stay up around 30 during the day and 20 during the night we might just see the humble beginnings of quite an early season... :wink:

Strolling around the place today I said "We're late!", as many of the cubes were aged and on the way out... :shroomer:

Psilocybin mushroom season has begun again; the earliest and wettest season I have seen in recent memory. Good luck!! :lol:

Yes, it has been a very early start this year RC.

It's always extra late for me being one in of highest/ coldest places on the Sunshine coast Hinterland.

But I was surprised to find them so early this year. And in such abundance everywhere

• Like 1

Dude. First season I have been able to see golden domes in the fields driving by at 80kmph+ :drool2:

The shorter grass of early to mid spring makes foraging so much easier as well :wink:

The next fortnight and beyond should see flushes in the usual spots; remember to wait a day before heading out after decent rain to give them a bit more time to pop :wink:

I've seen many pics of lovely cubes over the last week or so, so they are definitely around, just in smaller numbers as yet.

Walked 4 fields only to find one big fella, has it been sparse for anyone else?  

052ACA5F-F1C8-4467-96C6-A4A0897C5D14.jpeg

• Like 2

If you have been getting decent regular falls of 20mm + over a week or so, you might see some about, depending on the elevation as this impacts on the differential between the surface of the land and the water table. Patience and attentiveness are probably the two main things necessary for a positive risk/reward  scenario.

Thanks RC, I’ve been a long time lurker of these forums and it makes me happy to know you’re still active. I tried a high elevation and low elevation paddock on that day. The low one was nice and moist but most of the cubes were waterlogged. This might be a dumb question but would the high humidity we’re currently having still produce some good cubes with minimal rain? Specifically for my low elevation spot, as I want to try avoid going again when it’s waterlogged.

• Like 1

There are no dumb questions mate - I would wager the answer is yes; if there is still moisture in the ground and the humidity is high they will still fruit, just in less profusion. :wink:

C97906D5-65AD-4A44-9771-419431A7B858.thumb.jpeg.c3bc307b334a830f298c926f9f869811.jpeg
Thanks RC. Would you know what these deceiving mushrooms are? They were throughout a patch of cubes and the bigger one almost got me until i looked at the stem. 

they had white/golden caps, black spores, thin white stem which was brown and non hollow when snapped. The cap was also pointer than a cube.

• Like 1

Panaeolus antillarum? :huh: Otherwise my guess would be some panaeolus species. I have tended to see antillarum earlier than I do the active mushrooms, and see their appearance as a good omen for things to come ;)

The browning mainly and the size of the big one. To be fair the littles ones may be pan cyans, and i have seen bigger examples, but I would advise careful inspection over at least thirty minutes for anything that is not;

Blue staining when bent or bruised

OR

Anything overly stained with black spores, making a clear ID of bluing difficult.

Most pan. species aren't going to cause death, but a runny bum and shot guts aren't fun ;)

The little one on the left is fairly typical pan cyan presentation, but again I am assuming there has been no bluing; otherwise it is a bit of an easier ID. No blue = antillarum most likely.

**On another more careful look the big one might be a cube that is missing the veil remnant. If any of them blued up then :shroomer:

Edited by -RC-

I think you are spot on with Panaeolus antillarum. I will have to look into them and do a bit more learning to differentiate the pan species next time I’m out. 

I checked on them over 5 minutes but unfortunately there was no bruising. 
I somehow did not spot a p.cyan anywhere but also gave up checking them out after the first few patches didn’t bruise.

They do seem to thrive in the same conditions as the cubes, which is good to know. 

Would cyans prefer different conditions to cubes in our climate or would it be more likely that there is just a lack of population and spores in the area?