The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

Was gonna go look in the morning. Any particular known areas anyone can pm me ? I know how to ID blue meanies so that’s all I’d be looking for 

Bailed, hot bright sunny day is not good for growth. Maybe after this cyclone passes us some cloudy weather 

3 hours ago, Zedo said:

Bailed, hot bright sunny day is not good for growth. Maybe after this cyclone passes us some cloudy weather 

I would suggest that hot sunny weather after significant rain is just what the doctor ordered. Certainly looked that way this morning. :wink::shroomer:

3 hours ago, Zedo said:

I would suggest that hot sunny weather after significant rain is just what the doctor ordered. Certainly looked that way this morning. :wink::shroomer:

Yeah. We ended up going around Tamborine. Nothing really. Found a few that look possible - but now I think I’m gonna put the call out to anyone who wants a picking buddy in the next week or so to hit me up. I think I need someone who knows the climate and can ID the ones around. I didn’t see anything I’m familiar with from NQ. 

Look like cubes to me but I'm no expert.

The blue staining is a give away. 

Found a few up gympie way.

• Like 1

Yeah doing some searching they look like cubes I think. I always thought the blue meanies were cubes (ones in NQ - maybe that’s just what we called them)

Or perhaps these were golden teachers. No idea. 

Blue meanies are Panaeolus cyanascens. Much smaller and greyish black in colour. Golden teachers are an indoor cultivated strain of cubes, but I think also just another name for field cubes. :)

• Like 1

Yeah ok. I defiantly think it’s blue meanies I’m familiar with. And defiantly saw none of them around. These ones I found just stood out and looked ‘obvious’. But really I need another soul to show me first hand I think. I’m not game enough to down a maybe mushrooms lol. 

Cubes bro.  Are the stems staining dark blue where you've bruised them?  If so then i'd say its a cert.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zedo said:

Anyone know what these are?

CCC16B15-FBAC-43AB-8594-210357202C84.jpeg

24B7B86A-AABD-4F2B-B33B-82914CB7E6ED.jpeg

CUBES BRO!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Literally the first time I’ve ever seen cubes then. We need more rain. 

Well, I don't think we need much more rain than we've just had. I reckon you've got a solid week straight of fruitful foraging ahead!

Pan cyan bruz :wink:

Mean little blue bugger. Literally the only one (at this spot) lol.. He looked so lonely.

I've never got a shopping bag full (or even close to a significant portion of one) like some people speak of, but I went out Saturday morn and got enough.

yeah ive never gotten a bag load in one go. only ever enough. Im interested in these cubes. I seen alot today, but after i seen some pans, i didnt bother with the cubes. I know pans. but i could have filled bag loads of cubes. (if they are actually cubes) today.

^Not that anyone is picking mushrooms mind you... :rolleyes::wink:

Nah, just checking the local habitat to make sure man hasn't destroyed too much nature yet. Sight seeing.

• Thanks 1

If it's flooded forget it, particularly when foraging. Be patient and wait for the waters to subside at least to the squelch underfoot level before bothering. :wink:

A little bit of sun and a couple of days can make a HUGE difference! :lol:

Was thinking of taking my camera out bushwalking in a new spot tomorrow. Hopefully get some cool snaps. 

• Like 2