The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

Yo @-RC- I love the book. Got my copy yesterday. Well done! I’ll be letting everyone know about it. :)

• Like 1

Thanks man. Word of mouth is where it's at :wink:

Got a couple of cyans the other day, but had a peek this morning and still need a couple of soaking days yet before those cubes start poking up around my way.

Some old cubes and pans but:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hiYqbhUapFhEhBDs5

RC's book is well written, well researched, and beautifully presented. Congrats mate, it looks like a hell of a lot of work went into it.

• Thanks 1

Cheers mate! :lol:

Found my first cubes of the season today, with still a smattering of pans in the shadows. 

A bit dry still though, but the heavens will open again next week, so look to the paddocks yo!

8 hours ago, katu said:

RC's book is well written, well researched, and beautifully presented. Congrats mate, it looks like a hell of a lot of work went into it.

I couldn't agree more.

Not only is it an an excellent guide to psilocybin mushrooms (of SE Queensland), it contains some real gems of wisdom expressed ever so eloquently.  I particularly resonated with a paragraph on page 148. "Morality..."

• Thanks 1

If you have given it a thought, defo get out there and have a look. You may be a day early or late, but you are highly likely to see something :wink:

The rain gods have blessed us enough to allow the bounty of the earth to emerge. Time to get out there peeps! :shroomer:

• Like 3

Anyone have any good finds yet this season? I'm keen to explore some new patches if anyone is going out next shower I'd love to come 

There have been some lovely days around the hinterland this season bro. I would wager it is all still happening, but I've probably seen enough now for another year :wink:

Still a heap of cyans around... apparently :rolleyes:

Here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memory, falling on my head like a new emotion. :shroomer:

• Like 2

Well, cyans have made a big comeback push out there, with a few cubes sprinkled into the mix. Well worth a squiz! :)

• Like 1

On 16/03/2021 at 8:25 AM, -RC- said:

Well, cyans have made a big comeback push out there, with a few cubes sprinkled into the mix. Well worth a squiz! :)

Would you be kind enough to PM me the area worth giving a squiz I am having very poor luck my side of the range this season 

Not if I am a secretive forager... which I am :wink:

Finally had enough rain at my place to go foraging!  Heaps of mushrooms about, but not so many of the type I was looking for.  If anyone knows what some of the other varieties are, I'd be keen to know.  Some were in my front yard.

5.thumb.jpg.53b8e8ca3af7527825f9bdc3a2841b76.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.05b19b4200efe99563a9b378e399810e.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.be0b817f9148b221ff6d7a966ae32a98.jpg2.thumb.jpg.c8f43cc0a2ac16859bb048f4066bcc3c.jpg

1.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.be0b817f9148b221ff6d7a966ae32a98.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c8f43cc0a2ac16859bb048f4066bcc3c.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.74f06d1b8804c03afa837edb9c4f907d.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.be0b817f9148b221ff6d7a966ae32a98.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c8f43cc0a2ac16859bb048f4066bcc3c.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.74f06d1b8804c03afa837edb9c4f907d.jpg

Edited by Boof
  • Like 1

Those tray pics look like cyans to me (are they the same photo?). Just check for bluing and a jet black spore print :wink: 

Second pic of ones hidden in grass may be cubes, but hard to see veil remnant and purple spore staining. :huh:

Yeah the tray pic is a duplicate, thought I'd edited it out...and yep, also cyans.  And the other phot isn't great for IDing either.  You are much more learned on the subject than me, but not cubes I reckon; white veil remnant and white gills?  I've never picked cubes because I've never had anyone to show me and I always err on the side of caution because even when I find one that I think might be a winner, I talk myself out of it due to some perceived flaw.

• Like 1

Wow, I have heard most people say the opposite: that they find cubes easier Id'ing than pans.

If only there was some kind of book recently published that contained just this sort of ID information, with photos of course... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hey @Boof the ones in the long grass are c.molybdites and it looks like you have a few different sorts in the tray pic. Toss out anything you are unsure of. I can’t comment on the other short grass and leafy mulch ones. 

Edited by Enjaytee
Wild thumbs
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, -RC- said:

If only there was some kind of book recently published that contained just this sort of ID information, with photos of course..

Yeah yeah, it was raining and I wasn't going to risk my copy.  Truth is I thought about taking it but thought, nah I'll be right... 

7 hours ago, Enjaytee said:

Hey @Boof the ones in the long grass are c.molybdites and it looks like you have a few different sorts in the tray pic. Toss out anything you are unsure of. I can’t comment on the other short grass and leafy mulch ones. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

Saw a handful of cubes today, but with big rain on the way there should be something afoot over the next week or so. :wink:

@-RC- i been trying to like/comment/acknowledge your book for ages but only today has the mysterious thang SAB cookie monster allowed me to do so.

On ya mate, very amazing stuff and i hope to get a copy very soon.

Best wishes

:wub:

:shroomer:

eth

• Like 1