The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

If you are wanting a nice viewing of cubensis, now is probably the time. The heat and spate of relatively dry weather has brought them out in force!

Happy hunting :lol:

First harvest of the year went great, can't wait to do some microscopy with these specimens :P

scientific purposes.jpg

1698775866_scientificpurposes.thumb.jpg.9d1f0019c453b5b2ff418eda93bb0e0e.jpg

1698775866_scientificpurposes.thumb.jpg.9d1f0019c453b5b2ff418eda93bb0e0e.jpg

• Like 2

Gold!!

• Like 1

Any sign of subs popping up in Aus? Waiting with baited breath in NZ. Getting very very close to first flush I reckon

Pretty decent trip .. Half the ones I saw this morn were black gilled and the other white :blink: Seemed to be stronger staining reaction from the white. Also had trouble with staining from older specimens that 

still must be cubes. 

IMG_20200218_144039_71p.jpg

IMG_20200218_144039_71p.thumb.jpg.dca006d9848cdbfe89858848c1cc35b5.jpg

IMG_20200218_144039_71p.thumb.jpg.dca006d9848cdbfe89858848c1cc35b5.jpg

Edited by Pedro99
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voidseeker said:

Any sign of subs popping up in Aus? Waiting with baited breath in NZ. Getting very very close to first flush I reckon

Not until April generally around here, they can go through to August in a good year though. Your season in NZ might start earlier?

43 minutes ago, Glaukus said:

Not until April generally around here, they can go through to August in a good year though. Your season in NZ might start earlier?

Ah yeah that could be the case then. The earliest I've seen is January but February/March is more typical

1 hour ago, Pedro99 said:

Pretty decent trip .. Half the ones I saw this morn were black gilled and the other white :blink: Seemed to be stronger staining reaction from the white. Also had trouble with staining from older specimens that 

still must be cubes. 

IMG_20200218_144039_71p.jpg

Definitely cubes. The albino is quite common up my way; saw one this morning actually.

• Like 1

Yes , I've seen a few albino's this season too.....I presume they are albino's because they don't produce any spores ?? They scare me a bit , so I always leave them be ,

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is there any significant difference besides appearance? 

I haven't found any, however I guess one would have to consume them apart from typical specimens to see if there is any potency variation. :huh:

I haven't googled or anything :innocent_n: But it it only the gills that are albino or parts of the top side of the cap also? 

I've found an increased overall pallor, but it is largely exclusive to the gills. Just no spores present at all. Maybe we should rename them sterile cubes?  

Pretty dry now. Some lovely sunny cubes this morning but I would expect that they will diminish over the next 3 or so days, unless there is more rain of course :wink:

Yeah, round this time of year hopefully they have gold tops popping up. :shroomer:

But more seriously I think it helps if you can at least see cows nearby and then if there is dung on the ground you could be on a winner. Of course after seeking permission to be there to look.

I’m sure google can help you somewhat. Cattle farms near me or similar 

good luck 

• Like 1

I think cattle are regularly rotated in different paddocks, and dung is hard to spot from the car or Google maps. There are paddocks everywhere around my new home and many are green and damp at the moment, so I'm finding it hard to narrow down my search. I'm hoping there are some other markers like certain equipment, style of fencing, etc.? 

Cattle crushes or corrals where they are gathered to be transported?

• Thanks 1

Or horses. Horses dung is actually better. A horses digestive system is not as efficient as a bovines so the poopy from a horse has more nutrition left in it. And cubes love it!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ENtiTY said:

Or horses. Horses dung is actually better. A horses digestive system is not as efficient as a bovines so the poopy from a horse has more nutrition left in it. And cubes love it!

Oh really? Nice.. I reckon horses might give you more flak if you were to wander round them though. I remember as a very small kid a horse chased me and flipped me over a fence.. They are cheeky as fuck. 

On a side not, I got a second job that involves working next to and sometimes with cattle on huge vacant properties... Jackpot!! :devil: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ENtiTY said:

Interesting, would love to do some trials with spores and cow vs horse manure.

from my experience using horse manure in the gardens can be a horrific mistake. So many more weeds seem to accompany it compared to other manures

Apparently cyans prefer horse poo when cultivated... :huh:

Sheep poop doesnt have the mass. There individual pellets and dry out to quick. Maybe in a controlled grow situation perhaps.

Pasturized horse manure is superior to cow manure when used in or as a spawn medium. Aged horse manure is light and fluffy and more nutritious.

If you want to do a proper comparison (assuming it is legal where you live) it would be best to compare a single strain cultured clone as opposed to spores to get good data. Its all ready a know thing though.

Anyway, if your out on a hunt, dont over look the horse paddock :wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1