The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

5 hours ago, MaccaAu said:

Hello Ph7,  white gills most likely non active, and 3 or so fake blue meanies, and one cube. Possible someone beat me there, hard to believe just one cube, went back again after the rain, not anything, see what happens after this lot of rain

Hi MaccaAu

Well it's still fun to find any mushrooms I think.

Yeah this rain is what we needed. I will probably go out in the next day or two!

4 hours ago, Responsible Choice said:

Yeah, I've found many a solitary pan and cube on my wanderings. Some just can't wait for the rest I guess? :huh:

I know, it's so worth the wait to find a decent patch :)

• Like 2

Hi Ph7

Yes, usually it used to be good for 5 or so, or at least2 or 3, i know its probably been picked by locals and others for sure, and gained for more popularity or the cubes are in in full swing yet

Another crazy thing in spring the cow patties were all flipped, should not hurt the cubes though

I love all kinds of mushrooms also, certainly fun finding super huge ones, shame they were not actives, only need a few to be set for a year lol

I like to wait a day or 2 also, give them a chance to pop up, cant always go by home either if the mushrooms came out or not. This estate was once a farm back in the late 70s, be there wouldve been some nice cubes here, as its rather a shroomy spot.

Especially north of brisbane, some great totals 100+ mm. On the GC, not as good, but will see what turns up :)

On 15/03/2019 at 2:26 PM, Responsible Choice said:

Yeah, I've found many a solitary pan and cube on my wanderings. Some just can't wait for the rest I guess? :huh:

I missed, your post Repsonsible Choice, yes some cant wait for them to mature a bit. I like to wait just a day or 2

With all the rain in Sydney and the coast it will probably be worth a look around productive paddocks in a few days...

• Like 2

I'm hopeful over the next few days the Sunny Coast hinterland should come alive. Still needs to absolutely piss down all night, and maybe tomorrow for good measure though. We shall see...

• Like 1

Here's hoping for a wet autumn down south (after 420 of course!), So that the forests come alive again! Been so dry last few years I didn't even bother venturing out on a sub hunt.

• Like 2

^ Here, here. Carn subs, give us a look aye?:shroomer:

• Like 1

On 16/03/2019 at 3:40 PM, MaccaAu said:

...Another crazy thing in spring the cow patties were all flipped, should not hurt the cubes though

That is strange, maybe the farmer flips 'em before they flush :P Bit crazy though. Yeah the cubes will find a way!

If I get time I am going out hunting tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Glaukus said:

Here's hoping for a wet autumn down south (after 420 of course!), So that the forests come alive again! Been so dry last few years I didn't even bother venturing out on a sub hunt.

Yeah, looking good in QLD now. Would love to go sub hunting though. I think I might take a trip south for Winter!

22 hours ago, Responsible Choice said:

I'm hopeful over the next few days the Sunny Coast hinterland should come alive. Still needs to absolutely piss down all night, and maybe tomorrow for good measure though. We shall see...

Sunny coast should be awesome about now :) Have you had any luck going into winter?

I have heard people say April is the last month but I think cubes can be found all year in QLD.

• Like 1

I've found cubes in May I'm pretty sure :huh:

• Like 1

On 18/03/2019 at 12:49 AM, ph7 said:

That is strange, maybe the farmer flips 'em before they flush :P Bit crazy though. Yeah the cubes will find a way!

If I get time I am going out hunting tomorrow.

Had some good rain where i live, creek flooded, and burst its banks,  be nice to have cows in my suburb, would have gone off

Crazy farmer had time on his hands that day lol, is crazy for sure, the cubes will find a way,

Good luck if you venture out hunting

On 17/03/2019 at 8:50 PM, Glaukus said:

I read of subs being found around Byron Bay, if that is the case, you'd expect the mountains of the SE QLD and NSW would have a chance for subs

On 18/03/2019 at 3:11 AM, Responsible Choice said:

Yes, last year i got a cube or 2 in May, this in the mountains on a cool day 16c, mind you it was stunted, compared to earlier in the season

Edited by MaccaAu

Flipped cow pats = someone hunting worms maybe?

• Like 1

Subs have definitely been found in QLD. I think it was @Jox who posted in this thread a way back with some pics too! :wink:

Edited by Responsible Choice
username link
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Responsible Choice said:

cubes prefer thy late season. !:wub:

On 18/03/2019 at 3:14 PM, waterboy 2.0 said:

Flipped cow pats = someone hunting worms maybe?

maybe the farmer feeds on worms lol, no idea, what also seems strange abstance of cows last time,  grass a bit higher than usual ( not the long sort of grass seen on the lowlands). I did see a new pat or 2 though, maybe de stocked a bit

update

went to usual field, in the mountains,  found a few cubes this time, finally :lol:

cube2019.jpg

cube2019.thumb.jpg.8ad70a287ba6789929dacb74bb6e5e65.jpg

cube2019.thumb.jpg.8ad70a287ba6789929dacb74bb6e5e65.jpg

Edited by MaccaAu
update
  • Like 1

Anyone mushroom foraging in the next day or two in SE Queensland? I'd really love to tag along.

I have a large gap in my knowledge base and I'd be super interested in having a mycologist take me out into the field and teach me how to ID local fungi.

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 1

I went out today looking for a good spot. Found a few horse paddocks and what looked like Pan cyans a few metres away - wasn't game to jump the fence though, too conspicuous!

• Like 2

You need inspiration then. Without further ado:

2vmvitz.jpg

23rk395.jpg

aowe8p.jpg

3539gyr.jpg

npq6a8.jpg

vdh0mb.jpg

156z391.jpg

Would've taken more but the camera was being tricky :unsure: Enjoy! :)

• Like 1

Wow, beautiful - you found both!

I'm going out tomorrow, inspired :)

• Like 1

Today was similar; i.e. more pans than cubes. Pretty standard. :wink:

They've been very fruitful walks of late. :)

Big props, if he's reading this, to old mate D who I ran into and shared a golden moment or two with this afternoon. Don't meet many fellow foragers these days :wink:

For some reason this song came to mind today out in the fields...

Haha, he meant golden tops.

I still haven't been out yet :( Might need to wait for the next rains to come.