The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

Currently waiting on autumn rain for results, my region is hot and dry and harbours no native cubes, hoping for fruits early & late winter,

this is a privately owned paddock,

It seems to be a common way of operating in the states, 'Mycelium Running - Paul Stamets' is a great read for people wanting to spread mycelium,

• Like 1

I was surprised to see some very baby shrooms in the cowshit in my garden this morning. I think they are the wrong variety but meh who cares.

My front yard has sprung up with a few dozen patches of different shrooms, I'm not sure on the species though. Don't wanna eat anything that contains death :rolleyes:

I'll be heading out in the morning to go for a pick, I'm lucky that I've found some paddocks only 20 minutes drive which are very secluded and harbor a lot of psychedelia.

The first time I went out I found 3 giant (like fucking huge) Cubes they weighed in at 186grams together fresh, I dried them out and I was left with 12grams dry. One dried out to 5.5 grams by itself which I still have haha.

I think I like going out and picking them and taking photos more than I like eating them haha. I want to try some fresh ones though, I've always dried mine out. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. :lol:

If you know where to go you will find as many pans as you want to 'look' at...

They seem to be more prolific on flatter pastures than on those that are sloped, and on the slopes they seem to like it a bit higher up :huh:

Also they luurrv the shade of camphors :wink:

• Like 1

It was nice walking around the paddock this morning, I think I find heaps of pans but I'm not confident in ID

bugger all cubes out unfortunately.

20160206 092019

20160206 091134

20160206 083340

20160206 103351

20160206 094213

• Like 2

They look the goods to me, but you've got a few cubes in that last pic though :wink:

• Like 1

Yeah they are they only ones I'm confident in grabbing Responsible Choice, I've only just started picking in the last 3 months haha, probably could have grabbed much more if I actually had some experience. :lol:

Currently doing my own internal debate (do this every time :wacko: )as to weather or not I should eat them. I usually overthink it way too much and bitch out haha

EDIT: Is that skinny little white one on top a pan or is it a cube also? (the one I'm taking a print of)

Edited by seekingmeaning

In my opinion photos 3, 4 and 5 are of panaelous cyansecens aka copelandia cyanescens, pans, cyans, blue meanies. Black spore print and the stereotypical presentation are the sealer for me. The printed one looks like a mature one that has begun to degrade. The fresh ones look like mature ones that have just dropped their spores over the last 1 - 2 days, depending on exposure to full sun.

Pics 1, 2 and 4 look like they are mainly cubes (hard to tell without being able to magnify them, even then...) with a fews pans smattered around. Check out this post (about half way down the page at least) I made a while back to help confirm by comparing my descriptions of the environs and conditions that are IME conducive to finding them:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38029&page=3

A couple of basic rules of thumb when trying to figure if it's a cube or pan (aside from obvious colour characteristics):

- Does it have a veil? Yes = cube, no = pan

- Does it have a thick stipe/stem compared to the cap? If it's a 70:30 cap:stem it's a pan. If it's a 60:40 to 50:50 it's more likely a cube.

- Does it bruise blue green or navy/inky blue? Blue green = cube, inky blue = pan.

They both can have just a hint of gold at the top/umbo, and I've seen quite few pans that would give cubes a run in the ID stakes, but with these further criteria you should be right. Cyans will usually fruit much earlier as well. :wink:

BTW if you can, snap them off at the base and leave the mycellium in the ground to encourage further fruiting.

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 1

In my opinion photos 3, 4 and 5 are of panaelous cyansecens aka copelandia cyanescens, pans, cyans, blue meanies. Black spore print and the stereotypical presentation are the sealer for me. The printed one looks like a mature one that has begun to degrade. The fresh ones look like mature ones that have just dropped their spores over the last 1 - 2 days, depending on exposure to full sun.

Pics 1, 2 and 4 look like they are mainly cubes (hard to tell without being able to magnify them, even then...) with a fews pans smattered around. Check out this post (about half way down the page at least) I made a while back to help confirm by comparing my descriptions of the environs and conditions that are IME conducive to finding them:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38029&page=3

A couple of basic rules of thumb when trying to figure if it's a cube or pan (aside from obvious colour characteristics):

- Does it have a veil? Yes = cube, no = pan

- Does it have a thick stipe/stem compared to the cap? If it's a 70:30 cap:stem it's a pan. If it's a 60:40 to 50:50 it's more likely a cube.

- Does it bruise blue green or navy/inky blue? Blue green = cube, inky blue = pan.

They both can have just a hint of gold at the top/umbo, and I've seen quite few pans that would give cubes a run in the ID stakes, but with these further criteria you should be right. Cyans will usually fruit much earlier as well. :wink:

BTW if you can, snap them off at the base and leave the mycellium in the ground to encourage further fruiting.

Awesome info, thanks mate, I will definitely be snapping them at the stem now. I probably saw a few hundred pans without realizing it then. At least I know for next time I go out.

I hear they are a bit more of a smoother journey so I am really interested to find out what they are like.

20160207 081832

20160207 081826

20160207 082108

These popped up in the garden overnight. Hopefully it's the start if many to come. :lol:

Edit, The first 2 pics in my other post are just random patches of mushrooms(probably some uneatable maybe?), I saw probably close to 20 different species of mushroom in that paddock.

Edited by seekingmeaning
  • Like 2

Not that I condone or necessarily practice the consumption of such mushrooms ( :rolleyes: ), but I feel it is pertinent to mention that pans are considered to be about 2 and a bit times more potent than cubes, generally.

Worth bearing in mind. :shroomer:

• Like 1

Found a lovely stand of cubes yesterday, wish I took my camera :(

The recent decent falls, combined with quite high humidity and lead-in rain, seems to have kicked the cubes off.

With a bit more rain over the next few days I'm sure there will be plenty of gold through the Hinterland :wink:

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up :wink:. Was planning to head to the mountain 4 a look around on da weekend. Got my hopes up now of finding a heap of big fat gold ones instead of the one lonely one a couple weeks ago. Was plenty of the Pans I think they are but IME don't compare to the cubes. :shroomer:

Cubes are well and truly up, now with an added sprinkle of oversize cyans to boot! :)

Seek and ye shall find :wink::shroomer:

• Like 1

Picked a nice little pile on weekend. Didn't see any mature cubes but after reading previous post by R.C. stating cubes are out and about, think I may have mistaken quite a few young ones for pans...oopps. They were removed nice and delicately at least so hopefully they'll keep on fruiting. Look out cubes, ill b back...and this time hopefully I wont spend longer looking for my keys I lost in the field than I do for shroom's :BANGHEAD2: Can't believe I found em' :)

• Like 2

Veil remnants = cube, no veil remnants = pan :wink:

cheers...nah they definitely pans then. i always noticed the veil remnants on mature ones but wasn't actually sure what the veil was for if it was on younger ones. Just had bit of a read about it...good to know :)

went for a look today found 1 solitary boomer which I believe to be Panaeleous antillarum

post-951-0-36969000-1457351679_thumb.jpg

Decided to take the day off because I am a bit run down with a fever and flu (thanks kids). Go out to water my garden this morning and low and behold.

post-17364-0-44914400-1457994965_thumb.jpost-17364-0-38039600-1457994993_thumb.jpost-17364-0-03601000-1457995020_thumb.jpost-17364-0-79237900-1457995048_thumb.j

Too bad I'm actually sick. :(

post-17364-0-44914400-1457994965_thumb.jpg

post-17364-0-38039600-1457994993_thumb.jpg

post-17364-0-03601000-1457995020_thumb.jpg

post-17364-0-79237900-1457995048_thumb.jpg

post-17364-0-44914400-1457994965_thumb.jpg

post-17364-0-38039600-1457994993_thumb.jpg

post-17364-0-03601000-1457995020_thumb.jpg

post-17364-0-79237900-1457995048_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

hey seeking meaning, are those from field sourced cow patties buried in the garden?!

• Like 1

Love it mate, going to start collecting patties from my spored field to do the same very shortly, not for fruit gain but aeration of soil, increased biodiversity and more wild prints!

Thanks mate, I mainly just done it as an experiment to see if it would work. It works lol. I usually just collect the pats for the mycelium for the garden beds, I'm not too sure if it's the right mycelium(if there are different types) but the plants are loving it and on top of that they are getting fertilized from the pat breaking down. I'm looking forward to also taking some prints also :) good luck on your next patty hunting adventure.

Waaay off topic but I came across the most beneficial mycelium to have in the veggie garden is Elm oyster, increases veg yield, vigour and you get mushrooms! from Mycelium Running.

• Like 1

I reckon that is probably the end of the season for this year. That said any substantial rain may well see another flush for the super keen :wink:

Thanks to Sister Rain, the cows and Mother Earth :worship:

• Like 3

I know I've probably missed out this year. But being sorta new to bris reigon I don't know where to look. If anyone can offer some advice I'd love it. Would love to make some prints and press them in glass.