The Corroboree
-RC-

Psilocybin Mushrooms of SE QLD, Australia

Found a handful of subs on New England plateau yesterday =)

post-10608-0-87333100-1396311083_thumb.j

post-10608-0-87333100-1396311083_thumb.jpg

post-10608-0-87333100-1396311083_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

We've just had over 200m at least in the last 24 hours with pretty much 100% humidity. :o

Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday looking hopefully :wink:

Edited by Responsible Choice
just looking
  • Like 1

Heaps of cubes! Get out there! :lol:

IMG_1505_zps7871f2b4.jpg

just looking
  • Like 1

Identified a handful of immature cubensis specimens near Brisbane yesterday. Only in the greeNest most sheltered patches of grass were there any to be found. Hopefully it rains again soon, although the forecast says not.

Happy Easter hunting :)

• Like 1

I reckon the more you find, the more you find. The mushroom tends to lead you to where it has manifested again, or at least that has been my experience over the last month or so.

Cyans seem to be all flushed out and the cubes just keep coming on. Yesterday was my last trip out, even though I've said that about 3 -4 times already this season. They just keep drawing me back , but I've drawn the line now. Can't justify it... :wink:

shit I shouldn't have said
  • Like 3

Where approx are u still finding them? Seems way too hot and dry now, around bris anyway...

Sunny Coast mate :wink:

Pretty much there's just rando patches of cubes now, usually in the shadier, still-dewy fence lines. It is getting too dry now but we are getting really heavy dews which seems to keep them coming on in such places. We had really heavy rain a week ago (200ml in a day and a bit), and the 3 days following were exceptional for cubes.

Now you have to look pretty carefully in those cow paddocks but there are still a few around...

just looking

Just so there are no doubts:

I've heard some people dry mushrooms using a calcium chloride tek :shroomer::)

dumb shit I said
  • Like 1

Nice mate. Yeah pretty sure I found the only cubes in the spots I know around here - another 2 today. Lots of fungal activity in general (boletes, inactive pans, those white tall ones with dark gills that grow out of the pies) but little in the way of gold tops. Still was lots of fun to have a hunt around on this glorious Easter Sunday.

Paneolous sp. ?

post-6519-0-66430600-1397991619_thumb.jp

Boletus sp. ?

post-6519-0-11933500-1397991862_thumb.jp

post-6519-0-66430600-1397991619_thumb.jpg

post-6519-0-11933500-1397991862_thumb.jpg

post-6519-0-66430600-1397991619_thumb.jpg

post-6519-0-11933500-1397991862_thumb.jpg

Edited by ∂an
  • Like 1

Yeah I reckon it's pretty much over now aye, unless we get heavy rain again with high humidity, which is doubtful with everything cooling down. Have to say I'm pretty stoked given I thought I'd missed the boat altogether, hence this thread. 

Gotta love the country but, and I have a completely new respect for the bovine too :wink:

just looking

yep I think the hindu's were on to something...

Hindu_Deities_Murali_Krishna_young_with_

• Like 2

I remember hearing Terence McKenna talking about how he thinks that the reason the cow became sacred was because they (hindus) attributed the mushroom to the cow, as in the cow produced it. Got a bit lost when he said that amanitas would've been the mushrooms growing in India :huh: obviously not needing cow poo to grow though. I think he spoke about them confusing the whole occurrence and origins of the mushroom but retaining the bovine divinity... :unsure: or something like that :wink:

I think I know the mckenna talk your referring to. he says something like that the milk, urine, meat and mushrooms would all have been products associated with the cow, making it holy/sacred by association. that much of the hindu pantheon is depicted with blue skin is suggestive, as is the association of the cow with vishnu and krishna and the strikingly psilocybin-esque hindu art. modern india is also awash with cubensis in the summer, from elephant, buffalo and cattle dung. it would be really interesting to know what the distribution of psilocybe cubensis has been throughout history. no doubt human colonisation of the world and the transport of cattle with us has contributed greatly to the current extremely wide distribution.

• Like 2

terrence might have mentioned the likelihood that "soma", a mysterious ritual drink of great importance, could have been amanita. maybe the evidence he found was more suggestive of amanita than psilocybes.

despite any evidence or lack thereof, to me vedic culture was influenced by psilocybes.

• Like 1

Although I made the call in an earlier post that it might be done, I've been called back a few times since and found LOTS.

Predicted rain over the next week with fair humidity should see another flush I reckon. :wink:

just looking though

Randomly decided to walk through a paddock today right near where I grew up. Found these two beautiful specimens:

Just like you said rc, the mushrooms really do seem to call out to you after you get a taste. Or maybe you just develop an intiuition as to where they like to grow. Blows my mind to think these mushrooms were probably growing every summer just down the road when I was a kid. I always loved exploring the bush around these paddocks...

post-6519-0-57473900-1398165184_thumb.jp

post-6519-0-57473900-1398165184_thumb.jpg

post-6519-0-57473900-1398165184_thumb.jpg

Edited by ∂an
  • Like 1

Randomly decided to walk through a paddock today right near where I grew up. Found these two beautiful specimens:

Just like you said rc, the mushrooms really do seem to call out to you after you get a taste. Or maybe you just develop an intiuition as to where they like to grow. Blows my mind to think these mushrooms were probably growing every summer just down the road when I was a kid. I always loved exploring the bush around these paddocks...

Randomly? I don't think so. :wink:

I seem to be noticing a trend that the south facing slopes are the ones with more at the moment, perhaps because they see less sun and retain more of that dewy goodness through the day. :huh: Definitely seen the last of the cyans, which I read the other day generally fruit earlier than cubes. The lower land is definitely heavier with them. I think you're right, you certainly tune in to the more likely spots to find them, but I'm also tending to think that there are two sides to that as well. Perhaps you get tuned?

Keep up the walks mate, as long as there's more rain I reckon there's more to come. I can feel it in my mycellium... I mean bones :blink::shroomer:

No picking here
  • Like 1

Natures dehydrator :) a few years back around this time of year I found a cluster of maybe 8 good sized ones growing out of the same cake, cracker dry from the intense heat that came after the rains.

The spots I've had success are the south and east sides of tree lined creeks, where there is shelter from the afternoon sun. They also tend to be on the lower ground where water collects to grow the grass emerald green and where the overnight dew is heaviest. Nthng like the sensation of the dewy grass on your feet in the morning :)

This time of year is also good as the brown snakes are less active...

• Like 1

That dewy grass is super sticky at the moment actually, particularly on hairy legs :unsure::wacko:

That said you can't stop the music, with a few cyans chucked in there too :wink:

Time for a bit of poetry I reckon, but I'll chuck it in the appropriate forum :lol::shroomer:

just browsing the paddocks
  • Like 1

* Bump

My microscope is just about broken...

More rain coming but the next 3 days or so should see a few more pop up I reckon :wink:

stupid shit said again
  • Like 1

Seek and ye shall find... 

just looking
  • Like 1

Pretty morning gold

IMG_1672_zps00919b48.jpg

• Like 2

Any ideas as to when I can expect this abundance to stop? Lots of rain predicted for the end of this week so I guess for at least another week or so... :wink:

Also, what is the difference between pinching off your mushrooms and cutting them with scissors in terms of damaging mycelium and reducing potential for further fruiting? :huh:

Depends how good you are at pinching them, a really good pincher is like a pair of scissors, hypothetically being careless when picking damages the mycelium a little n you can expect this to disturb further fruiting

• Like 3