The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Alice

Budget headphone/earphone suggestions?

Hey,

I'd like to get some decent sounding but not too expensive (if there is such a thing) headphones/earphones to listen with using my phone, because the earphones that came with the phone are pretty shit (flat sounding, dull, lifeless).

I know some of you are into your music, would anyone have any suggestions for OK headphones please? My max budget is about a hundred bucks, but if I can get away with less then all the better. They don't have to be amazing, but need to be noticeably better than the crap ones that came with the phone. I know nothing of these things.

Maybe music style is relevant? I listen to all sorts of stuff, but mainly things that I can play along with on guitar. Metallica, Tool, Rage, Led Zep etc. Things you youngen's probably haven't even heard of :)

Thanks

Hey Alice, I think my 'sol republic amps HD' ear buds are great for the $100 price range. They don't annoy me at all and sound great without changing the eq between rock, metal, punk and electronic music.

I like scull candy's earbuds. Around $20usd and have great sound quality and last forever. I don't feel like shit when I use and abuse them either.

these are pretty cheap and from my understanding pretty good, What I like about dx is it's so cheap you can afford to have a few fuck ups. http://dx.com/p/awei-es-600m-noise-isolating-hi-definition-in-ear-earphone-red-3-5mm-audio-jack-1-2m-cable-105753#.Ux5f-vmSya8

i got a pair of sennheise hd218 closed headphones a few years ago. i don't mind them and they're withing your budget.

edit: why am i always reading shit wrong? fuck

Edited by bot6

If you want to be cool you need to get some beats by dr dre, yo. Who cares if they are very overpriced, atleast then people will be able see how cool you are :P

Personally I use Sennheiser HD202 Closed Headphones and TDK NC350 Noise Cancelling Ear Buds.

Both between $50 - $80.

Logitech UE600 - They just dropped in price from $177 to $47 at Dick Smith. Highly recommended in-ear earphones with both rubber and comply foam fittings.

Check out earphonesolutions. In ear buds are great because they block out sounds from things you don't want to hear, such as teenage girls on the train. You can also keep the sound lower when using in ear buds which will help save your hearing and you won't bother other people because they won't be able to hear what you're listening to.

Thanks heaps everyone!

I might check out those discounted Logitechs Brendo, I pass a Dickies store on the way to work.

I also had a look at earphonesolutions, great website, thanks Migraineur.

And thank you everyone for your suggestions :)

Try looking at the Shure SE215 IEM's. They should be just over $100aus. They have a good midrange (guitars), variety of tips and great sound isolation.