The Corroboree
Sallubrious

Is SAB installing LSO's ?

Is this website now coded to install LSO's on users computers ?

I'm getting this a lot lately, almost every time I open a new PM or start a thread and sometimes when I just open a sub forum. I monitor real time for them & they are popping up more & more regularly. It's happening when I visit this site as my first port of call with no other tabs open in browser. Quite intriguing as the pages where it happens don't have flash content. It never happened in the past.

I've left several sites in recent times because of this sort of surreptitious monitoring.

Or is it my personal, perverted voyeuristic man in the middle. :wave-finger:

• Like 1

Say nothing, YOUR BEING WATCHED lol

i've got an IT guy saying he hasn't noticed any sab LSO's

but maybe he's a cop lol

• Like 1

An LSO is a flash cookie or a local shared object, also known as a supercookie. Basically they are a surreptitious tracking device that is installed on your computer. Unlike normal cookies which can deleted easily with the web browser these things are stored on a hidden, obscure file on your hard disk. They can track all sorts of information & they are not browser dependent, so if one is installed when browsing with Firefox, browsing with Chrome will still use its content. They do have some legit uses but for the most part they are a tracking device.

They can contain malicious code & they were the vehicle for webcam hijacking scripts and a plethora of other exploits. To turn them off you need to go to the adobe website and set preferences for them there (via adobe flash mind you) but in my experience that just doesn't work, it's a scam. I tried several times to turn them off but it's never worked for me.

I might have to banish them to hell (where they originate) by sending them to a null device. I haven't set that up since I re installed my OS.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

How does it work for mobile viewing Sally? Does this mean were all being watched, stalked and pms read?

I honestly know fuckall about this stuff but since you've been posting these threads it's got me thinking!

Hi Sally, i have no Idea but can´t you just download a Flash Cookie Tool or CC Cleaner to check if the Site adds Flash Cookies? I installed a Flash Cookie Tool one or two Months ago and it showed me all Flash Cookies on the Computer. Could delete them there too.

shit . fuck me . I wanna tell EVERYONE I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coz I spend it all on drugz

• Like 6

Like i said; i have no Idea if SAB uses Flash Cookies but all kinds of websites use them these days. Even Youtube, Amazon, etc. Most of them because of marketing Interests and not because you are a Person of Interest. ;) So if you want to get the Flash Cookies under control, just get some Freeware Tool and delete them on a regular basis. I´m sure this would solve this Problem permanently. Because most websites won´t ask you for permission when they set one. When I downloaded the Freeware App, I was surprised how many flash cookies there were because most cookie cleaning software only deletes the regular ones.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Another great option: Remove the giant, unpatched security flaw that is Flash.

• Like 4

Yeah I have flash disabled so really I shouldn't be seeing these things.

The way I see it if SAB is not installing them then someone else is through a intermediary server (MTM) - hardly comforting.

The problem is once they have been placed they can execute malicious code that is not dependent on the browser, even though I have java script turned off on the browser a script with user permissions can still be run on my machine. It's quite a simple process to write a run once script that will do it's business and then the process will terminate and dissapear, but by then your system has been compromised/surveyed. This can happen in less than a second.

Windows Linux and Mac all have several covert back doors that have been built in by the NSA and can be exploited by anyone that knows they exist, the most common being a javascript access protocol that runs through the browser. If the user has Javascript disabled in their browser then several other methods can be deployed that need different access protocols - macromedia flash portals are one of the more common.

I have my computer set to notify me when one (LSO) is installed through better privacy but it still allows the cookie to be installed, so deleting it after it's been installed is like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. Coupled with other OS side tracking devices like Zeitgeist this can become like a keystroke logger on steroids.

Anyway, if I send them (LSO's) to a null device they can go straight to hell where they belong.

Sorry for the slow reply Dood, I missed that before.

I've never really looked into the implications of flash on a mobile, but I can't see it being much different than it is on a PC. I consider a mobile a tracking device with a microphone anyway. The permissions structure of an Android or iphone is not really set up to give the user control over the phone, it's meant for easy access by the google play system. So unless you've rooted the phone and taken some precautions you'd have to consider any phone as owned by your phone provider & google play system.

• Like 1

I think you are overly paranoid, however If you are a bit worried do this;

Disable Java Script, it is the most common and easiest way you can be tracked without your knowledge. Disable Flash. Use an Incognito window in Chome or similar in firefox and enable the option "Don't track", which will send a request not to track you.

If you are stressing out and about to throw the internet away investigate the TOR browser it is almost 100% anonymous when set up "correctly" and java script is off.

HN

enable the option "Don't track", which will send a request not to track you.

Good advice. But even google ignores the do not track request.