The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
3rdI

TBM "Penis Plant" (Short)

A quick question... May seem very cactus noob of me, but that is sort of exactly what I am so. Does the TBM or any other monstrose forming cactus flower? Or is that generally the issue, they are mutant thus lose sexual organs or become sterile. Like the Liger...

Lots of monstrose plants flower. And the offspring of mutant hybrids usually will yield lots of mutant seedlings. Especially if the mother is the mutant plant, but I have never seen legit documentation of a TBM flowering. I did see a picture of a TBMC trying to flower, but it was super mutated and stalled.

That's who I was talking about. The pictures I saw wasn't a full flower though. IT was just the beginning stages and I recall it saying that it never opened. If you know where the pictures of it with an open flower are let me know.

Edited by hostilis

here ya go hostilis..... :wink:

post-3765-0-54616700-1393728145_thumb.jp

they are mutant thus lose sexual organs

Heads up mutant, this could happen to you !!

post-3765-0-54616700-1393728145_thumb.jpg

post-3765-0-54616700-1393728145_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, I love it when your expecting like a simple yes or no. But then I get so much more, Cheers man

I fell for that picture the first time I saw it. Lol. You bastard!

• Like 2

Kada has a thread on the nook but the pics are also missing, so there's no point of sharing it here

Does it say if it ever opened or not? Because from what i recall he said it was trying to flower and that the flower never fully developed.

That's still a sign to me that hey have the capability to flower (possibly) I will give 100 dollars to the first person o get some TBM or TBMC pollen. Hehe. jk.