The Corroboree
spooge

Pap som giveaway

All gone, thank you :)

Hey Ethnopiate, from what I've read they don't like being transplanted, crowded, like rich soil, won't germinate if its too hot and have quite a deep root system for a flower. I don't think they mind being in pots if the pots are big enough to accommodate. Hope this helps. :wink:

I have a 2 big 50L pots I am planning on using and also will be making a nice, rich mix with premium potting mix and coco coir. I can't say how much I love that stuff! It is awesome for fungi (pasteurized or sterilized), for adding to soils and holds a lot of water and nutrients. A $2 brick from Bunnings makes about 8 litres worth when wet, it really bulks out! Added to a 25L bag of average $5 potting mix you end up with about 33+ litres of premium, well draining and fertile soil. Really goo d for veggies with high water content like cucumbers, zuchini, watermelon, tomatoes etc etc...

I have also been told that making longer and deeper beds is better for poppies rather than pots.

Does this make sense?

I am about to do some thorough research (and poke around here on the forums) to see how the root structure works and see what I come up with that is good, solid info.

Cheers!