The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamwalker.

Why does the brain remember dreams?

Seems like a plausible theory based on my experience - I remember dreams most nights and also am prone to being waken by slight noises and lights etc.

• Like 1

I concur. Turbo dreamer here, can be disturbed by the slightest thing.

Goddamn I've had some serious de-ja-vu of late. :blink:

Back on topic, dream like a trojan, disturbed by specific sounds, but suprisingly sleep like a log. Most dreams remembered; perhaps it has to do with being a parent of young children :huh:

• Like 1

interesting theory care to elaborate? never heard that before...

^ as in they talk about people remembering dreams more because they awaken through the night which acts to increase recall. Parents of young children get woken up fairly frequently through the night, and are generally a bit more tuned in to sounds in the night so they can attend to baby quickly.

Maybe... :huh:

Ha ok that makes sense I read it as children of young parents #dislexic

so did i............ years ago i would have dismissed the age of the father as being irrelevant to the child but apparently some conditions are more or less likely depending on whether the father had OLD BALLS.

FREAKY!

maybe its a turbo-dreamer thing. i've got a feeling you know you aren't really dyslexic. yes. turbo-dreaming definitely accounts for our mistaken interpretation..

the depth and duration of the sleep certainly does affect dream recall at any rate. this is obvious when you hit sleep repeatedly on your alarm clock and recall dreams in each tiny sleep interval.

poor quality, interrupted sleep (due to illness, environmental discomfort, restlessness etc) does tend to produce in me lots of memories of fairly shitty, undesirable dreams. fewer magnificent plots and spectacular settings, and a tendancy towards challenging, unpleasant, hopeless scenarios.

i don't want to sit here and speculate. basically i think (sorry CT) a lot of flat statements made about sleep aren't flexible enough. statements like "memory induction can't occur in a sleep state". maybe that definition of sleep state doesn't accurately reflect how some people spend most of their time at rest.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

dreamless sleeper here, reporting in to say that i sleep like a rock.