The Corroboree
double_action

So excited.....

Hahaha we understand the excitement don't worry :)

• Like 2

I bloody do! My partner doesn't, I always get this confused look when we are driving somewhere and I say "theres a cactus" or "theres another one". My subconscious is always on the look out, its strange but only we could understand that, right :)

I am looking forward to seeing the photo's. I have only just became game enough to knock on peoples doors when I see a big trich or other cacti in some strangers garden, and it is so surprising with the response. Last week I knocked on someones door on a really remote road on the way home and an old german woman answered the door and I told her what I was knockin' for and she said hang on and shut the door. Next thing I know this older german man walks from out the back and took me on a grand tour and we chatted about all his different cacti for over an hour.

End of rant.

:)

• Like 4

Khat....oh totally....constantly on the look out....especially becuase i live in a cactus friendly environment.

....maybe it's a German thing. The owner is a German guy with the Japanese wife. They still drive a beat up '63 Bug. Growing up my friends and I always called the couple "the axis powers" :lol:

• Like 1

Sharing is caring, gotta share the cactus love.

I have a few columnar's out the front, I don't know if no one in my area is into cacti but no one ever asks for a cut :( lol

sounds like a wet dream to me.

lucky man.

So some pics....

Here's the plant.....

post-14151-0-20456800-1392429740_thumb.j

The owner said he planted it 25 years ago. There are hands in the right corner for scale, he's grabbing the cutting he gave me. Those columns go up another 6 feet.

He gave me this among some other neat stuff:

post-14151-0-75404200-1392429693_thumb.j

post-14151-0-75404200-1392429693_thumb.jpg

post-14151-0-20456800-1392429740_thumb.jpg

post-14151-0-75404200-1392429693_thumb.jpg

post-14151-0-20456800-1392429740_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

now thats a plant god

Hail Bridgesii!

:P

• Like 1

So some pics....

Here's the plant.....

attachicon.gifIMG_3820_am.jpg

The owner said he planted it 25 years ago. There are hands in the right corner for scale, he's grabbing the cutting he gave me. Those columns go up another 6 feet.

He gave me this among some other neat stuff:

attachicon.gifIMG_3823am.jpg

That's a rather unique looking bridge, and I love the sprawling growth form. Looking more like a cereus than a trich from a distance.

Such a unique clone should be named IMO (usually in honor of the original owner) just like Tricho Bridge 'Eileen' for example.

Did you catch the guy's name?

That's a rather unique looking bridge, and I love the sprawling growth form. Looking more like a cereus than a trich from a distance.

Such a unique clone should be named IMO (usually in honor of the original owner) just like Tricho Bridge 'Eileen' for example.

Did you catch the guy's name?

It would be T. bridgesii "Bernie" :lol:

I'll ask him where he got it.

Edited by double_action
  • Like 1

The 3rd looks like Myrtillocactus Cochal but im not sure

the first maybe a Stetsonia but also unsure

i'd love to find one like the 2nd one that is cold hardy eh I wonder what that is

zone 10.. must be nice! :P

The 3rd looks like Myrtillocactus Cochal but im not sure

the first maybe a Stetsonia but also unsure

i'd love to find one like the 2nd one that is cold hardy eh I wonder what that is

zone 10.. must be nice! :P

In reference to the second picture, another member thought it might be Trichocereus Chilensis.

Double_Action, those are some truly awesome Plants! Very nice Chilensis. The One in the first pic in Post 16 is a Stetsonia Coryne. In that size, they are rare too. The One in the last pic is Myrtillocactus Geometrizans.

Spine Collector, yeah could also be cochal. They are very similar.

Edited by Evil Genius

Yeah ur right too could be Geometrizans...maybe more likely.. i'm growing one I suspect might be a cross of the two

more green than the Geos but then again could just be variation or weathering too

Thats a gorgeous Chilensis..