The Corroboree
Evil Genius

Trichocereus.net - Database & Gallery Website is finally online

just noticed some more 404's on the pc pachanoi page,

all the photos labeled "pc-flower_n" where n is the number of the photo (i.e. /pc-flower_8) are broken,

Hi bot6! Thank you very much for helping us to improve the site! I HATE 404's so i will look into it when i'm at the desktop! This has to do with the new gallery mode and shouldnt concern more than a bunch. Will fix the links and the pics are back.

it is fixed!

Edited by bot6

Hey Guys, i will be rolling out some major Updates on the Trichocereus Website in the next few days. Again, thanks to every One of you who agreed to share some pics for the website! With your Help, the Site will be truly majestic! ;)

And again, there WILL BE some Text as soon as i have more Time. Every species will include the complete description and additional Info about their fertility, Growth and soil requirements and so on. The complete program.

• Like 5

Will be working on the site today. Decided to include Trichocereus Macrogonus but that´s only because of Search Engine Optimization Reasons. I will simply post Pics of very spiny Peruvianus that came labeled as Macrogonus. But personally, i would merge them all in Peruvianus. Will add that information in the Text Part of the website and add some additional Info about the history of the name Macrogonus and such.

http://trichocereus.net/trichocereus-macrogonus/

The pics came from Getafix so thanks a lot. The pics have a watermark, but it´s difficult to see because of the dark background. Might change the watermark on them again.

Edited by Evil Genius

Hi Guys,

i just installed a Cache Plugin to make the site run faster. As far as i can see, there are no problems with it and the site is indeed faster now. If there should be error messages and stuff like that, please let me know.

Will update the website some more today. Got a lot pics to add! ;)

• Like 1

Hi Guys, i think about changing the Layout of the Website because the frontpage does not seem to look good on very large Monitors.

Can you guys give me a feedback how the Front Page looks for you? Sometimes, it seems that there are pics missing in the front page and that´s absolutely not wanted. It looks good on smaller devices and mobiles but when i just checked it on a large screen, it looked very bad.

Also, the menu makes problems sometimes. If i switch to a different theme, it will look totally diferent. Like, large Image Slider on the Top. And it will take a few days until the site is fully designed.

Also added some social buttons like pinterest and Facebook. Sharing is absolutely wanted because the website needs to go to the front page! :)

bye Eg

I know have volunteered but still havent contributed shit.

my heart is with this nice project of yours

I think I will be ready to take some nice shots of new growth these days for ya

the recent disaster had marked my cacti too much for nice pictures..

I am really interested to present a TIG entry , as nobody in oz seems to talk about this... this is by far the fattest bridgesii in my collection and is recognisable. Also Yowie and NZ pachanoi are interesting and should have an entry

Also KK339 pachanoi, peruviani a.o.

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

Hi Mutant, don´t stress yourself! I am sure you´ll send some stuff over when the time is right! ;) This is a long term Project and the website will grow over the years.

it doesn't seem to cut the bottom half of the menus off like before ! yay :)

i find it hard to moan about anything on it cuz i love it so much , looks a lot nicer on a wider screen now too.

- oh yeah i tried to pic link ur validus pic to a post here and it wouldnt allow me , only reg link

-had to find one that looked like it at gross cactus france

-would be nice to link pics to post and use your site as the reference maybe in discussions?

- mind you , most folk here know where to go to see em

- just visited taquimbalensis there and the pics danced about seductively before my eyes .... rawrz, nice effect!

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 2

Yes, will work on that. Will most likely switch to a totally different Theme in combination with a nice Logo so don´t get used to the Layout too much. The Menu does not show all the Pages and i want it to be easier to navigate to the Pages.

But it will take a while until evertyhing is sorted out again! Please point me to any problems if there are any! Thanks! bye Eg

• Like 1

Very happy with the updates! Site is totally different now, loads a lot faster, menu works perfectly, the website adapts to the device and doesn't show the slider on mobile and added lots of new pics! Please give me feedback about things that dont work!

2iM0qyn.png

what's going on here? it's linking to random flickr photos

edit: go in the named clones menu, click on a clone, then click on a photo, then click on the link "home->clone database->psycho0" and these flickr photos will come up.

edit2: happens for eileen, but not others

Edited by bot6

Hi bot6! Yes, that's a flicker API that comes with the software. Can turn it on on some of the pages but haven't really figured out what it's good for yet! If it only shows random flicker pics, it's pretty worthless. If it shows cacti, it may not be entirely worthless.

P1120208.jpg

A nice "TIG" bridgesii typical spination ...

take the photo, I dont want the credit for any I give to yr site , put a trichocereusnet tag ;)

btw the EG T. glaucus are showing nice variety entering pubescence and semi maturity.. some are showing more glaucusness than others! some I ahve forgotten but they are "dogs" , meaning they are so fucking tough... even when babies they are tough!

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

Hey EG thought you'd wanna know I just got a 404 error on the Lophophora page.

• Like 1

Hello Katu, thank you very much for letting me know! I hate 404´s. Fixed it btw! Bye EG

No worries :) . It's looking great bye the way. Love your work!

• Like 2

hey,

most of the photos on kk337 tulhuayacensis page are broken :)

Hi Guys!

Thank you very much for letting me know! I rolled out some major Updates today.

- Completely changed the Theme. Because of numerous Reasons. First and foremost: The old One was too slow. I need a Site that´s frigging fast. Now, I have installed a couple of Caching Programs and throw off some unnecessary Plugins.

The Flicker API is gone as well as some other Things from the old Theme because they didn't really improve the User Experience.

Have a whole lot more Pics lined up for upload and will do so in the next Days. Had a bad month in regard to my health so i needed to take a short break. But now, everything continues.

This Theme has the Focus on Social Sharing and i´d appreciate if you Guys want to share some of the Post and/or link to the Site every now and then. It´s still a long way to google Page 1. Mostly because the site hasn´t enough Text yet. The google crawler can´t really read Pictures and concentrates on Text, which is bad for the Trichocereus Website. But we´ll add Text as soon as we get to it.

If you didn´t know yet, check out or Facebook Site:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/trichocereusnet/1393185814281456

And the Trichocereus & Echinopsis Growers Worldwide Group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225823307601393/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Edited by Evil Genius

So, i updated the php Version but it seems the Menu doesn´t work reliably with the new Software. So don´t be surprised that the menu is buggy. Just contacted customer support and hope they will fix it. If they can´t, i´ll pay someone who can or build the Menu from Scratch.

• Like 1