The Corroboree
Evil Genius

Trichocereus.net - Database & Gallery Website is finally online

Hi Guys, we will use this thread to create an official database for all the named clones that are available in the scene. If someone feels like he has a special plant that deserves a name, he can present the plant here, fill out the template and post some pics with it. The template is just an example but i would appreciate if people actually try to make the description as good as they can. If someone needs help filling it out, just message me and i´ll be happy to help. Not every point has to be given when posting the description but please make sure its possible to recognize the plant when you see it. If you have suggestions for changing the template, please let me know and i´ll add points or change the words. And now i would appreciate if some of the more experienced members would add some descriptions for the older clones. I will add an Index page as well later on. bye Eg

- Only vegetatively propagated plants can be named! If you want to name a clone, you need to make sure it stays in cultivation and give away some cuttings! Please add information about where people can obtain a cutting. It only makes sense to create a database for plants that are IN CULTIVATION. This means that everyone wo creates a name, needs to make sure its really a plant that people can actually get!

If your described plant is the result of a cross, please name the parents. If the parents are not know, please write OP for "Open Pollination" in the Parents column.

If you have pictures of a certain clone and want to share them for the database, please get in touch with me and i´ll make sure they appear in the actual description!

Template for Clone-Descriptions

Name:

Parents(if known) :

Species:

Describer:

Origin of the Plant:

How common is the Plant and is it in cultivation?:

Reason for naming the Clone:

Body:

- Typical/Maximal Number of Ribs:

- Lenght & Color Middle Thorn(s):

- Lenght & Color Radial-Thorns:

- Remarkable Traits and Habitus:

Flower (If known):

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 13

Alright Guys! This is finally moving forward. Not sure if I mentioned, but I was working my Ass off in the past Months to learn web design in order to get shit done. And this project is one of my Favorites. I´ll be working on the website in the next few days to get this started. Don't need to mention I´m not trying to build anything else than an authority site here and everyone who wants to share some of his pictures is very appreciated! Right now, the basic site is already finished, but I´m not really happy with the Theme yet and will change that again. The website will run on Wordpress as it´s easy to use and to maintain.

And here´s what we will have:

- The site is about Trichocereus but we will have all kinds of Echinopsis Pictures too.

- The site will contain a named Clone Database with the main focus on Australian Clones. But not limited to them.

- Because of legal Reasons, the Database will NOT contain Information about Potency. Besides, I wouldn't want to allow it because we try very hard to keep these plants legal and building a site about potency would be the nail in the coffin. We´re just doing this to share pics of some of the greatest Plants in the world.

- The site will NOT have a Forum. This is the only Cactus Forum I´m active in and that´s how I want to keep it! Period. Also, we will certainly backlink to SAB.

-All pictures will be watermarked. I take the copyright of everyone who want´s to share some pictures very seriously and we will make it hard for people to steal the pictures.

- Main Focus lies on Pictures. But we will feature some Information as well.

- We will ALSO have the database on SAB btw! SAB always is my main base and Priority but this will be a kickass project for all of us!

Well, that´s it for now. Will keep you guys updated! :)

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 9

hey EG , exciting news. I suppose you will do one article / page for each clone huh?

I suggest there should be comparison TIG VS Psycho

also what's the clones list? what photos are you looking for? do you really need /like input and opinions and all or you're doing it alone and only need pics?

cheers

Firstly I love the idea of this EG and kudos for taking it a step further in making an actual website for this info

Please let us know of any photo's you may need of any particular tricho's I would be happy to contribute any pics I have

Will you be also incorporating freaks into this for example will you be showing monstrose and crested versions with normal forms?

Can't wait for this site mate this is great idea and will definately be a big help to us all

Great work EG, I'm very happy that we're expanding :)

So how will the clone names and pic get posted.

Do people post here and then if they fit the new website they'll get transferred or how will it work?

• Like 1

You are a champion!!!!

Edited by jwerta
  • Like 1

Thank you guys! :)

So how will the clone names and pic get posted.

Well, good Question. I haven´t really thought it through, but we´ll figure that out somehow. I will probably do a lot of it myself and will add one Clone per Page, one by one as time permits. As soon as i´ve added something on the site, i will post it in our Database Thread here too. Or the reverse. This is a longterm project and it´ll probably take a year or two until the whole site is nearly complete. And i plan to add new pics constantly.

• Like 1

what's lophophora galleries doing on trichocereus net?

just curious mind you, why lophs & not aztekiums? or arios? or astros?

Hi Zelly, the pages i have created are just a few to experiment with. We will include galleries with all kinds of cacti. Astrophytum, Aztekium and so on. I already created the page Lophophora because Trout made some incredible Lophophora Pictures and we´ll hopefully be able to have some of them there! :)

• Like 2

Good work mate.

Getafix

Alright guys, finally had the Time to update the site and upload some pictures! It´s just the beginning...more will come soon! Most are User submitted Pictures so thanks for them! Please feel free to submit all kind of cactus Pics you want to share!

If anyone is good with Photoshop: We could really use a Logo! ;) Wink Wink.

So I´ve added new Galleries and Pictures in these Galleries and more will follow later today or this week:

http://trichocereus.net/gallery/lophophora/

http://trichocereus.net/gallery/echinopsis/

http://trichocereus.net/gallery/trichocereus-albispinosus-nomen-nudum/

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 3

Superb! I like the layout, nice and clean and down to business.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Alice! This is just the beginning. I sit on a huge Amount of Pictures and I´m looking forward to build a really good site with em.

What sort of logo are you thinking EG?

can i ask why there's room for comments on the clone database page but not the rest of the site?

just wondering is all,

well done on a nice site

Hi Guys! Thanks for the kind words! Am a really happy Camper because of the site. :) The minimal Design just fits, you know.

Jwerta, well, I don't have anything special in mind. Just a Text Logo that fits to the minimal Design and the b/w Colors of the website. I´m still Level 85 Dork with Photoshop so all I´ve done so far looked hideous. I mostly need the Logo for the Watermark of the Pictures. It just looks better if you can use a logo as a watermark, instead of the tiny text.

Bot6! That isn't really intentional.I usually turn Comments off on Wordpress because of all the scrapebox type Comment Spam they use to get. And the theme uses different Comment Rules than the rest of the Wordpress installation. Will probably allow or disallow comments on the whole site, but haven't decided yet. Maybe I´ll give it a try and see how much bot-spam the site gets. Will definitely not have spammed comments there so it´ll depend on the volume I have to delete. Would really like to have comments there but i will have to manually approve them.

Edited by Evil Genius

Thanks Junkheadrev!

Have been doing major Updates today. Have something like 5 Gigabyte Pictures lined up for upload. Doesnt make sense to link to a certain gallery because i´ve been updating most of them.

Freaks

If you are not sure if the site is for you, take a look at the Freaks gallery and you´ll probably made a decision. ;) But that´s just the beginning : Best Pics are still waiting to be uploaded and i appreciate ALL Pics i can get. I especially need flowering Pictures of large Trichos & other Columnar Cacti outside! Also Pics of Hybrids for the Database.

I also need pics of Trichocereus Glaucus, Trichocereus Santaensis, Lamprochlorus, Pasacana, Terscheckii, Candicans, etc. And Freaks & Variegates.

I am also accepting Guest Articles. So if anyone has an cactus related Article that he wants to be published, just send me a message and i´ll upload it with your name/Pseudonym & backlink. But nothing Potency related please. Can also be Tutorials, Growlogs, Methods, Theories, etc. The Articles dont have to have a certain scientific value. As long as you write good Articles that somehow fit into the website, i´m happy to have them on.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Fricken Freaky! You are welcome to put a pic of the baby Stegosaurus there if ya like

you got plenty of freaks there tho!

thats like collage of freakiness, freaking cool Mang B)

Awesome site evil genius. Keep up the good work