The Corroboree
Bigred

Earthship time share South east qld

Mmmm you could sell coffee on sab. I'd buy some for sure.

• Like 2

I can send you some green beans and you can roast them yourself .You can do it in a pop corn machine or

just use a oven there are plenty of web pages on roasting coffee.

Edited by Bigred

My parents grew some coffee in Newcastle, wasn't too bad.

I was thinking of starting up on the far south coast of NSW, right in the middle of some national park. I'm planning to grow truffles and Waratahs as my niche as well as a few other things, I haven't systematically planned out what I want to produce yet so all advice is welcome :)

Has anyone tapped into WWOOFing? http://wwoofinternational.org/

What are your experiences thoughts?

So jealous bigred. Hope all goes well for you! You're living the dream~

Has anyone tapped into WWOOFing? http://wwoofinternational.org/

What are your experiences thoughts?

Never heard of it before. It sounds really nice, though. I wonder if there's such a thing that accommodates for entheogen gardeners?

...perhaps we could make such a thing happen one day?

• Like 2

It takes a long time to start i just had a car acident so im pretty banged up at the moment .Been experimenting

with certain types of concretes papercrete is really cool and cheap and light . The hardest part of it

will be getting the building tick of approval its a shame you just cant build it and tell society to fuck off.

• Like 1

I've often thought that when I buy a bigger block, I'd get one with a tiny little house on it somewhere just for 'council approval' (like I'm insecure enough to need their approval!), and build my own dwelling elsewhere on the block however I want to and out of whatever I want to.

I've often thought that when I buy a bigger block, I'd get one with a tiny little house on it somewhere just for 'council approval' (like I'm insecure enough to need their approval!), and build my own dwelling elsewhere on the block however I want to and out of whatever I want to.

I recon a basic 1 bed shed with a bathroom & toilet near the front gate. line that sucker up with treated pine & blue board. A second hand stove etc, a coat a paint N a few tiles & it's all sweet. No need to look any further down the track, there is nothing more to see.

• Like 1

It takes a long time to start i just had a car acident so im pretty banged up at the moment .Been experimenting

with certain types of concretes papercrete is really cool and cheap and light . The hardest part of it

will be getting the building tick of approval its a shame you just cant build it and tell society to fuck off.

Have you considered cob? Although probably not as load bearing walls if your going to seek approvals.

And unless you have a good engineer ( or someone who fluently speaks the lingo) good luck getting approval for anything that is outa the ordinary. But if you can get an engineer to sign off on it your all good to go as on OB.

CSIRO did do some earth and alternative building work some years back if you would like to look into acquiring that.

This sounds brilliant and will be so rewarding for you Bigred.

While I don't know you all that well I'd love to get involved with the working bee while I have spare time.

has gots a lot of fruit and veg seedlings I could bring along too :)

sorry for my ignorance but isn't the great dividing range like fucking massive?

Are you in qld? Just tell me how far away you are from say Brisbane

Actually... Nevs mind. PM'd ;)

Any updates? I just started reading this thread, and must say your current plans align with my own intents for the future. I would love any pictures, or tid-bits you have gathered over your journey.

Hope your feeling better from the crash, and good luck!

nice work man, keep us all updated, I'd be keen to pitch in on a working bee one day, maybe rally a few sab heads for a long weekend or something...

if going for building approval, or even if not but concerned u may be affected by building approvals one day, good to take photos of joints, footings, load bearing points etc as much as you can because the more evidence u can supply that the building is solid the better.

Is it all on the go Red or is it on hold due to cold?

sorry things have been pretty down in big red town as i lost my license so its hard to organise supplies travel etc

will keep all posted for a spring time camp as it is so so cold out here atm

• Like 1