The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hookahhead

Trichocereus Taxonomy @ Shroomery

what's a "shroomery"??? :P

maybe :shroomer:

My favourite:

The Inca measurement of time was based on how long it took to boil a potato.

Oh how nice the modern world would be if it revolved around the cooking of potatoes rather than the whims of corporations.

I just re-read this whole thread twice now and im still confused to as what this is about haha first half a dozen posts are worth reading the rest sounds like a cry for help from hookah(not that we know whats actually going on there).

One thing I cant stop wondering is how anne woulda felt trying to wrap her head around the accusation of not actually being a person or was it that she was his alter ego??

Hopefully ya feeling better hookah

Thankyou for re-assure me of my sanity XD

Weazelloph was quite a strange thing I went through, but I am much better for it. Most likely it was simply me facing down some of my own deamons, and making a big stink of it. However, I found this interesting the Cosmic 'web' seen for first time...

• The current theory holds that 68% of the Universe is dark energy, 27% is dark matter, and just 5% the kind of matter we know well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25809967

Ship of fools
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Ship of fools (disambiguation).
220px-036Luck.jpg
magnify-clip.png
Illustration by artist Albrecht Dürer inStultifera navis (Ship of fools) bySebastian Brant, published by Johann Bergmann von Olpe (de) in Basel in 1498.
220px-Narrenschiff_%281549%29.jpg
magnify-clip.png
The ship of fools, depicted in a 1549 German woodcut

The ship of fools is an allegory that has long been a fixture in Western literature and art. The allegory depicts a vessel populated by human inhabitants who are deranged, frivolous, or oblivious passengers aboard a ship without a pilot, and seemingly ignorant of their own direction. This concept makes up the framework of the 15th century book Ship of Fools (1494) by Sebastian Brant, which served as the inspiration for Bosch's famous painting, Ship of Fools: a ship—an entire fleet at first—sets off from Basel to the paradise of fools. In literary and artistic compositions of the 15th and 16th centuries, the cultural motif of the ship of fools also served to parody the 'ark of salvation' as the Catholic Church was styled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sukBcmPCs-Q

Wow this is pretty amazing. I have personally tasted colors and have saw words fall out of peoples mouths while on "psychedelics"...

http://www.ted.com/talks/neil_harbisson_i_listen_to_color.html

Have you ever heard of Monsanto, if not enlighten yourself?

Monsanto’s Dirty Dozen: The 12 Most Awful Products Made By Monsanto

I enjoyed #8..
"
8 – Petroleum-Based Fertilizer

In 1955, Monsanto began manufacturing petroleum-based fertilizer after purchasing a major oil refinery. Petroleum-based fertilizers can kill beneficial soil micro-organisms[28], sterilizing the soil and creating a dependence, like an addiction, to the synthetic replacements. Not the best addiction to have, considering the rising cost and dwindling supply of oil…"

Read more: Monsanto’s Dirty Dozen: The 12 Most Awful Products Made By Monsanto http://fracturedparadigm.com/2013/04/15/monsantos-dirty-dozen-the-12-most-awful-products-made-by-monsanto/#ixzz2rOf7pC7O

smartass

FROM GRAHAM HANCOCK:

Many of us who've smoked DMT, or worked with Ayahuasca or high doses of psilocybin have experienced seamlessly convincing parallel realms and the intelligent entities who inhabit them. Materialist scientists seek to reduce such experiences to brain activity and to persuade us that they are generated by -- created by, conjured up by -- our "brains on drugs" and have no basis in external reality. But quantum physicists at the cutting edge of modern science take an entirely different view.

"There could be so much more to reality than meets the eye," says leading theoretical physicist Brian Greene and what he's talking about are not figments of the imagination but actual parallel universes existing "in a type of space different from the four dimensions of our everyday reality".

See this article discussing parallel worlds:http://bit.ly/1a1E8ut.

And this 3-minute interview with Greene:http://on9news.tv/1gnThYj.

Maybe mathematics and the Large Hadron Collider aren't the only ways to produce "the experimental proof, the observational evidence" that Greene wants to see before he believes the implications of his theoretical work. Maybe serious research with DMT into the potentials of human consciousness would be at least as effective and fruitful. Rick Strassman's work with DMT at the University of New Mexico (http://bit.ly/1gnTjze) opened the door on this possibility and it's high time that more research of this sort was allowed. What prevents it are the same sorts of ideological objections in the 21st century that for so long kept people believing that the sun revolved around the earth hundreds of years ago.

THEOLOGUESFC.1.jpg
Painting "Theologue" by Alex Grey (
http://alexgrey.com/art/paintings/soul/theologue/)

"The Union of Human and Divine Consciousness Weaving the Fabric of
Space and Time In Which the Self and Its Surroundings Are Embedded

During deep meditation, I entered a state where all energy systems in my body were completely aligned and flowing. It was in this state that I envisioned Theologue. I was wearing a Mindfold which allowed me to stare into total darkness. I stared into an infinite regress of electric perspective grids that radiated from my brain/mind and led to the horizon. A mystic fire engulfed me. Across the horizon all I could see were perspective lines going into deep space. I was seeing both the perceptual grid of my mind on which space and time are woven, and the universal mind which was both the source and the weaving loom. At this moment, faintly, Himalayan mountains appeared. Transparent, but present, they formed a vast and beautiful panorama and then disappeared back into the grid."

She Was 40 When The Nazis Took Her. Now, She's Outlived Them And Has Something Incredible To Say. Hitler didn't kill her. Here's why nothing else could, either.

Six o' clock
In the morning, I feel pretty good
So I dropped into the luxury of the Lords
Fighting dragons and crossing swords
With the people against the hordes
Who came to conquer.

Seven o'clock
In the morning, here it comes
I taste the warning and I am so amazed
I'm here today, seeing things so clear this way
In the car and on my way
To Stonehenge.

I'm flying in Winchester cathedral
Sunlight pouring through the break of day.
Stumbled through the door and into the chamber;
There's a lady setting flowers on a table covered lace
And a cleaner in the distance finds a cobweb on a face
And a feeling deep inside of me tells me
This can't be the place

I'm flying in Winchester cathedral.
All religion has to have its day
Expressions on the face of the Saviour
Made me say
I can't stay.

Open up the gates of the church and let me out of here!
Too many people have lied in the name of Christ
For anyone to heed the call.
So many people have died in the name of Christ
That I can't believe it all.

And now I'm standing on the grave of a soldier that died in 1799
And the day he died it was a birthday
And I noticed it was mine.
And my head didn't know just who I was
And I went spinning back in time.
And I am high upon the altar
High upon the altar, high.

I'm flying in Winchester cathedral,
It's hard enough to drink the wine.
The air inside just hangs in delusion,
But given time,
I'll be fine.

Wow, I had missed this thread. And boy the title is misleading.

that is why psychedelics were always somewhat related with psychotic effects.

here is where I am coming from:

34, atheist, not believing in elves magic and spirits, but I believe in natal astrology that I have researched quite a bit.

I am a better ethno gardener than an ethno eater

I can relate somewhat with the "I know the truth" and also the whole narcissistic and trolly behaviour - that is I am not appalled by it -, but hey, not with the talk that doesn's seem to be able to abstract in few phrases, and definately giving out irrelevant links , some of which might be pretty interesting, and material that doesnt form a single theme, case, understanding or what. It all seems like a desparete attempt to prove yourselrf worthy.

Well, from what I understand, it doesn work like this here. here you make 'friends' by sharing gardening techniques and all this crap us plant obsessives like to talk. in any case, claiming you've grasped the whole truth doesn work. it never did - unless you wanna make a sect...

But you know what? even if you knew the truth, which you dont, you can't pass it to others. People are not interested, its not even easy to spread it to others of the same so called community. People dont wanna learn your truth, they like to believe what they like to think is truth. And they certainly dont like truths that are inconvinient to their own personaly truth.

People are not really interested to do an astrology research here. I am fascinated by astrology, yet few people around me seem to care.

I believe you still need looking for your own truth, and maybe, just maybe reconsider that maybe visions is just electical current messing with your brain. I also have to admit that I haven't read much of your stuff, just skimmed through what seemed to be out-of-control collage of various material , and mostly judged the situation by the SAB users comments.

You're definately a nice addition to the forum, but try to talk about each subject in the appropriate thread.

Yes, I am an egoist so I believe each of us has a personal truth and content, that at least to me, it strikes much more important than the collective. But this is just my own character personality, what I am good at: I am good at pointing out the individuality, not the power of collective. I am not judging people who like to spread love and flowers, and wanna advertise collectiveness, this is greatly needed to mankind.

Getting banned usually is regarded as a loss. I carry most of my bannings as medals of my 'provocative' and 'situationist' involvements in forums , And I know most people see only the fun in some things, f.e. trolling.... I need to do this, I am learning through it, I have to push people's limits. It's really relevant to the crazy times my country is going through, why the fuck should I put up with idiots and ignorant people. People that dont even know how to use their own fucking language to communicate accurately.

So, title your threads properly & let the rave aside . cheers, hope you're doing well

Mutant, thank you for your informed and respectable comment. I believe ego is no good, and have been actively working to drop it. However, individuality is a beautiful thing. Ethnogens and life have showed me flaws in my perceptions. It's admitting when we are wrong, and correcting our mistakes that the true magic starts to happen. If you check a few posts back I posted my Trichocereus Taxonomy research paper, as well as condensed powerpoint presentation.Therefore the title is still appropriate? I have posted information about cacti, plants, astrology, biology, chemistry, physics as they are all inseparable. Just as I feel spirituality and science are inseparable. Most of the information I did not produce on my own, but read, digested, contemplated, and shared. Thank you all!

Here is the post I am referring to, it's on page 3 about 1/2 way down. Again I will provide direct links for those who do not wish to read through "all the psychotic babble"

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37313&p=450789

An explanation of my "break" and what I have been able to make of it is on page 2, again about 1/2 way down if you care to know more about who I am?
http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37313&p=450693

Still Off topic?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPppbF9BtE

thank you

I am quite wasted right now so I will stick to what iI think essential

I believe ego is no good, and have been actively working to drop it.

what are the mothods you're using?

and yeah I have read post #38, where you explain yr past.

^^^

that's my own hiphop for what its worth

hey what zodiac sign are you?

ever thought about yr natal chart?

:P

also "funny"

the tern

ethnogen

derived probably from

ethnobotanics

&

entheogen

but actually not a bad term, if you coin it as something

I am an Aries, but haven't looked much into it honestly. I would be willing to listen to any information you may have for me on the subject?

Thank you for sharing your work, is it possible for you to provide a translation for me though? English is my native tongue, and I only have a very weak understanding of spanish and german. Damn language barriers. As far as dropping the ego, I am no longer trying to push my beliefs on others. I am trying to listen to what others tell me, as many people have a great deal of their own knowledge. I try to share the knowledge that I have uncovered, and I am actively trying to BE, experiencing the beauty of the world around me but not forcing my opinion down peoples throats. We all awaken in our own way, there are many great teachers, but we are all pupils. An individual can never know the WHOLE truth, but I honestly feel as a collaborative and cooperative community we can share some of the missing pieces?

Turns out I was banned over at DMT-Nexus now as well? Their motto is learn, share, expand...apparently not. I posted direct links to all of the research papers that I have posted here. Am I seriously being that big of a douche bag? All I want to do is contribute useful information, to the people who are interested in such things!

I am a 28 year old male. I am enrolled in college for biology (ecology) and will graduate in December. As of right now, I have a 3.7 GPA and I plan on attending graduate school next year. I have learned a ton of stuff in school, but luckily due to previous exposure I also already knew A LOT. For instance, when we covered fungi in biology there was no need to study because I had already read everything I could on the subject 10 years ago, and grew a ton of mushrooms including agar isolates. I have taken General chem 1&2, organic chem 1&2, analytical chem, physics 1&2 and a ton of biology classes (including an upper level plant taxonomy class).

I enjoy life, love, consciousness, mysteries, magic, illusions, psychedelics, spiritual experiences, information, astrology, freedom, honesty, openness, understanding, compassion, art, music and global sustainability.

I have participated in Native American Sweat Lodges at least 20 times and have been practicing yoga off and on for a few years. I have allowed my hair to grow for over 3 years, and have had it dreadlocked for 1.5.

I come here with the intent to learn, share, expand, and grow.

Aries: like all fire signs, enthousiastic and in a hurry. They are fast to start things but often fail tofinish them.

but hey nooones an aries, each of us has an individual birth chart with lots more signs.

there should be difficult aspects in your chart.These aspects will probably will point out struggle points in your life. I predict there might be one or more major "bad" aspects with saturn or neptune forces/positions .

hey check this out, it has no lyrics, but its no rap.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37306&hl=

hey I found some track I have translated the lyrics in english

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33275#entry446115

in my eyes truth is more individualist than collective. And even those who feel more the collective powers, the unity in one, they will probably do it better in life and the collective goals of theirs if they understand their individual selves better.

dont know about how they ban in shroomery, but SAB is pretty non-strict in the drama department. Only one of the unique characteristics of this forum.

In the days of Kings and Queens I was a jester
Treat me like a God, or they treat me like a leper
You see me move back and forth between both
I'm trying to find a balance

Thanks mutant, this astrology information has been very eye opening and pretty damn accurate!

Sun in VII

You take pride in your ability to negotiate, and to establish harmony in your relationships. It is important to you to have a partner, as you feel incomplete without one. You are motivated to become well-liked, and you are especially sensitive to rejection. One of the lessons in your life may be to avoid putting harmony and others' opinions of you above your own needs. Use your social skills and seek out peaceful relations with others, but try not to over-identify with your partnerships and the way you are received by others. You may marry someone with a strong personality.

64 Trine Sun - Neptune

There is an unmistakably dreamy, inspired, and sensitive side to you. A marked appreciation for music and the arts is present. The connection of Neptune with the Sun, which represents the ego and the will, certainly softens some of the hard edges that might be found elsewhere in the chart, adding a sensitive and spiritual dimension to your personality. You are naturally compassionate. It is so completely natural for you to accept that there is more to the world than what is before your eyes, that you tend to presume everyone must be spiritually-inclined. Of course, you come to realize that this is not the case at some early point in your life. Your attraction to spirituality and metaphysical subjects is usually marked. These aspects favor writers, artists, and musicians. You are sensitive to those who are suffering, although you are not usually taken advantage of. You are humanitarian and may have a special connection with animals. If other aspects and positions in the chart support it, you are not one to dominate others or assert yourself to the point of brashness. You have a fertile imagination, are full of inspiration, and very emotional - all qualities that you may use on the professional level.

gallery_11911_622_10625.jpg

Despite all your rage, you are still just a rat in a cage.

1489118_10152006650157909_1561091265_n.j

Please take a little over 4 minutes of your time to watch this movie titled "Too Much Stuff" By SustainableMan.org.

Hey mate just a word of encouragement not to long ago you wanted to change your name.

So you could stay a part of this community and have a clean slate . You coped a lot of slack

and you we not feeling very welcome by some members . But IMHO you have proven yourself

right by me and by the way you have acted .So i want other members to make you feel welcome

im sending positive vibes your ok in my book hookahead

To send hookahead positive vibes like this post

Thanks Red, I like your post!

Recently Hostillis posted another part of the Ethnogenesis meeting, check this one out!

You're alright by me too Hookah. I think we can all relate to the seemingly erratic behaviour produced during times when we have so much stimuli coming in, we would practically blow up if we didn't express it externally somehow. The important thing is coming to recognise appropriate avenues for this expression, and I have found through my own (sanity-saving as they were) outbursts through this forum that the Internet is not always the most receptive medium. Not to say that it shouldn't be utilised, but many different avenues should be explored when we are dealing with energies greater than ourselves. Art, dance, tai chi, sculpture, or simply being in nature have proven to be vital components of my reality-survival-kit.

Anyway, i have nothing else to add other than I don't think you should in any way feel ostracised from this place, but rather I think the lack of response to your prompts is just others giving time to let the dust settle, and recognition that really the only one who can understand what is right for you, is you.

"Paradoxically, a group of humans becomes healing and converting only after its members have learned to stop trying to heal and convert. Community is a safe place precisely because no one is attempting to heal or convert you, to fix you, to change you. Instead, the members accept you as you are. You are free to be you. And being so free, you are free to discard defenses, masks, disguises; free to seek your own psychological and spiritual health; free to become your whole and holy self." - Scott Peck

Yo, check it one for Charlie Hustle, two for Steady Rock
Three for the fourth comin live, future shock
It's five dimensions, six senses
Seven firmaments of heaven to hell, 8 Million Stories to tell
Nine planets faithfully keep in orbit
with the probable tenth, the universe expands length
The body of my text posess extra strength
Power-liftin powerless up, out of this, towerin inferno
My ink so hot it burn through the journal
I'm blacker than midnight on Broadway and Myrtle
Hip-Hop past all your tall social hurdles
like the nationwide projects, prison-industry complex