The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

incognito

accurate?

You've got too much time on your hands Incog. :blink:

Ecstatic dance might be a far more productive past time...

Just sayin. :unsure:

It's funny, and it's on the money in some parts, but only about some specific types of things that are referred to as "hippy" things...but I don't think anything that starts with "shut up hippy" is going to be an objectively accurate document :P

Personally I think hippies can be annoying, or they can be okay, like any subset of people (if the label of hippy really means anything of value anymore, rather than just a cliched negative stereotype). I think I have an inner hippy, meaning at least that I identify with some elements of a counter-cultural ethos, and value rebellion from the norm and a re-thinking of societies values in certain ways.

But I don't have dreadlocks or wear fisherman pants or smoke tonnes of weed or take lots of acid or hug everyone I meet. It's just like anything really, just a stereotype of the same kind that applies to sexuality, gender, race etc

Its interesting that its seemingly acceptable to be publicly derogatory towards some types of people or ethnic groups and not others..??? Inaccurate.

^ it always has been acceptable...which groups you can deride acceptably is just a function mostly of which group you identify yourself as belonging to.

ie. hippies can acceptably deride conservatives but not buddhists, conservatives get to deride pretty much everybody who disagrees with them, the antelopes eat the grass etc...

That's deep!

Understated, if anything.

Mind you I live too close to Nimbin. Sometimes it's like being fully immersed in a sea of verbal garbage where people who can't use verbs and form proper sentences use jargon as a marker of spiritual superiority and thus achieve nothing more tangible than smugness

Verbs, people. Verbs. And not made up ones either. They're not called doing words for nothing

This made me giggle:

Techno-Shaman - I do drugs with my ipod.

:P

I think it's about time hillbilly stopped projecting his shakti energy onto me and fantasising about my root chakra and save it for the goats.

Its interesting that its seemingly acceptable to be publicly derogatory towards some types of people or ethnic groups and not others..??? Inaccurate.

Clustering subculture with ethnicity - sounds like some hippie crap to me.

Clustering subculture with ethnicity - sounds like some hippie crap to me.

hey i don't care for the topic either way, i was simply making an observation. I guess you missed the point.

Higher Purpose – Unemployment.

fucking gold lmfao awesome link incog

Cleansing – One of the most important steps in becoming condescending towards average people.

Dakini – Has a nicer ring to it than “slut”.

Manifest – How the enlightened mooch from their friends.

Yoni – A fluffy name for pussy. She probably also thinks of her Yoni as a temple – your best bet to getting laid is to dress your penis in monks robes and burn some sage.

Gold.

That's the language all around NNSW :wacko:

its pretty funny, and probably true in some but not all cases. there's no need for it to be polarising. i like to dual-wield, i recommend it.

what's this about lack of verbs? can you give an example or something so that i understand without a road trip?

Shaman – I do drugs.

Damn, the secret's out now. :P

Techno-Shaman – I do drugs with my ipod

Ipods do drugs too? Technology is awesome.