The Corroboree
tipz

retired poice officer demolishes war on drugs.

I thought this interview was so amazing it deserved It's own thread instead of going into the youtube thread. I am sure that the majority here are fully aware of all the points he raises but his quick wit and delivery style really ram the message home.

Much respect for this man !

• Like 6

Im surprised someone hasn't assassinated him yet, the man knows his stuff.

Smart man,, things seem to be snowballing these last few years :-) lots of great points!

Respect!

This is a very good watch, I've shown a couple of my uniformed friends who agree with 'legalizing won't work, what about all the excess junkies etc etc' argument and they've all come away with better educated opinion on the matter, I think it even swayed my mums outdated opinions!

Edited by lhb2444

You got your mum to watch it? At least it shows she has an open mind. My mum laughs at me and calls me stupid lol

• Like 1

thankfully he didn't have to fight uphill against hostile interviewers.. but he's definitely a powerful and concise speaker and i bet he could annihilate any prohibitionist opposition in any situation.

yeah , thankfully no-one brought up christ has risen or anything like that....i mean i've always thought Christ would have been pro drug reform and harm minimisation etc

• Like 1

The man speaks sense. I just hope he speaks long enough and loudly enough to the people who need to hear it. Slowly but surely, I can see cracks appearing in the drug war monolith. Common-sense arguments like this being broadcast on public airwaves are kind of like the hammers and chisels we need to get on with the job :)

Quite a few American ex-law enforcement and law related personnel talk the same type of rhetoric for LEAP as well (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition)

http://www.leap.cc/