The Corroboree
sharxx101

Meet up: Melbourne

Got time off btwn 3/12 and 14/12 if you want to organazize something thenne

Ive never been to one in all these years, but would love to start to get a bit more involved. Can i bring my son? 

If theres any on a sat or sunday in dec/jan please message me im keen to meet some sab heads in melbourne. Im in the s.e.

I have some cacti cuts to trade. And look forward to a chat about all things ethno

• Like 2

No one is posting dates but people are messaging me and asking when the next meet is.

How about the 2nd or 9th of February?

I hope this new rotation around the Sun finds you all well.

• Like 2

Heh, I could do 9th but I feel it's a little too late now?

Edited by irabionist
gone dun thought wrong

Hmm, 9th is do-able I think, but not a lot of notice. I'm less-available for the bits of February, but maybe we can get our shit together for March. At least the weather  might be a little less punishing by then. 

yeah 9th of march or the weekend after could be good

i have weekends free again after 18th feb so if anyones going to organise anything after then ill come down for a visit :)

A few of us can’t make that ^ day, but if it suits everyone else, so be it :) . What about the next weekend? .. Etherealdrifter , are you in ? 

2 hours ago, Amazonian said:

A few of us can’t make that ^ day, but if it suits everyone else, so be it :) . What about the next weekend? .. Etherealdrifter , are you in ? 

sorry but we can't do saturdays or that particular weekend :( atm

but any sunday

is fine tho - it be cool to catchup with ya'll

How is everyone for Sunday the 17th march......good ol St Patrick's day

??

• Like 3

6 hours ago, karode13 said:

I'm down for the 17th of March

You in Amz?

Yep, good to go.  :) :) 

• Like 4

I hope to make it down on the 17th of March 

Sounds like there might an extended SAB plant meet on the 12th of May at the Garden States event also.  

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 3

A buddy is playing an old school, all vinyl, hard trance classics set night before & a bunch of mates are going. So I kinda have to go :wink:. All I'll be doin Sunday is smashing out Z's... (-_-) zzZ. Sure hope I can make the next one though!

P.S. Any punks on here familiar with growin cactii & succs in mineral only setups? The search engine on here is a bit sh!t so I'm not finding much. I'm really over loosing too many indoor cactii to rot so I figure I may as well try my own mix. Haven't decided yet on whether I'll stick with 100% mineral only (rocks) or whether I'll add a bit of dirt in. The idea seems solid though. So called semi hydroponic drain to waste should be good at flushing away microbes that cause rot rather than helping em grow. Then again I'm just noticing that any home made soil I can mix will probably be a massive improvement on the so called store bought cactus soil I've been using. Says it contains wood chips, peat and one of those porus lava rocks. Like WTF?!? All of these are gonna hold water, grow microbes and promote rot aren't they?

--Update--

Okay I think the problem I had with the search engine here was probably somewhere between where the drivers seat meets the steering wheel :P. As I just found a great post here on the forum, sat down and demolished a whole extensive article on primarily mineral based cactii planting and hear this with no extra fertilsers! Here's the link if anyones interested as has not yet checked it out:

http://xerophilia.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/The-Stone-Eaters.pdf

Truely an amazing and extensive resource for my future amateur, tinkering & experimental cactii growing adventures.Wish me luck!

Now all I have to find is some good crushed rock or rock I can hammer the f*ck out of to make it fine chunks. Seems granite, limestone and maybe some of those different lava rocks like pumice might be some of the best in terms of mineral bases for cactii and possibly ease to find?!? Will have to start hitting bunnings, nurseries and maybe even concrete/aggregate places till I can find something usable. F*ck yeah! Experimental cactii gardening for the win!

Edited by Raver Buddy
I F'ed up and didn't UTFSE properly :P

sorry cannot make it.  hope you all have fun.

Cool.

I'll be around just after 11am if anyone wants to come down earlier.

I'll be coming along with a few choice cuts of shade grown Psycho0 and J hybrids for sale :drool2:

it's been a while since I've been to a meet, looks like it'll be a cracker of a day for it too

Well that was a pretty good day!  :) . Thanks crew :)

If anyone is interested in free (or trade) mineral mix and I also have a bag of screened topsoil (free from organic matter & fertilisers) please contact me ASAP as I bought more than I can use or store and would prefer it went to a good home rather than being needlessly dumped. I have roughly 70kg in total so take as little or as much as you want. The minerals are crushed granite, sandstone & bluestone. Each are separate so you can mix at your own proportions for either soilless mineral only or a mineral mix with soil. It took me a while to source this mix around Melbourne based on the Xerophillia: The Stone Eaters and I bought more than I'll ever need since they sell everything by the 20kg bag. If you want more info I've posted pics and everything here: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46223-melb-vic-creating-a-soilless-mineral-only-mix-or-20-soil-mix-based-on-xerophillia-the-stone-eaters/

If I could potentially trade or give away this stuff before the EGA plant swap I'd be most grateful as it's kinda heavy to lug out there.

• Like 1

Curious about all the cactii missing from the cactii garden.  is this new or was the garden still entact at the last meet.