The Corroboree
sharxx101

Meet up: Melbourne

Signing up for notifications :) I'm down for a meet and/or a camp... Something tells me that Camp Shaman Australis would be a pretty entertaining site for families etc sharing the space :lol:

• Like 1

April is going to be busy.

keep in mind there is discussion of a SAB get together in NNSW.

We did discuss the NNSW meet but most of us can't really make the commitment. A VIC camp has been in the works for a couple of years now. I'm not bonded in chains to another anymore so am taking up the reigns in kickstarting the planning phase. It will happen this year, even if I have to camp alone with earwax effigies.

@Amazonian: Can you please make a group PM for us to discuss in? I'd do it but I have enought trouble making a post here some days. It's me, not the system, for once.

If people want to do a camp/fungi foray later in the season I can be contacted via the PM system here. I'll be leading forays about fungi later in the year, organisied through mainstream social media.

4 hours ago, karode13 said:

@Amazonian: Can you please make a group PM for us to discuss in? I'd do it but I have enought trouble making a post here some days. It's me, not the system, for once.

It is done :) . I'll add to the pm list over the next few days . 

• Like 1

Awesome. I already see things are rolling along nicely.

If others reading haven't got the PM then we need to add you to the list. Post here and we can do that.

• Like 1

Yeah I need to be added to the PM. I was chatting to Amazonian at the last meetup about planning a camping trip. So I'm super keen. I was at the last 2 meetups @ the Bot Gards.

20 hours ago, Raver Buddy said:

Yeah I need to be added to the PM. I was chatting to Amazonian at the last meetup about planning a camping trip. So I'm super keen. I was at the last 2 meetups @ the Bot Gards.

Well, I did try to organise a camp for the immediate future, but there wasn't a lot if interest shown, so i left the conversation and I can't add you raver buddy . Maybe someone else can add you .  There is likely to be a camp later in the year, but I won't be trying to organise it. Lol. :) 

Perhaps we can set a date for a plant meet in the next couple of months.  I'm flexible on dates so others can  make a date, and if there's enough interest then it'll be a goer. 

^^ Should I start a thread for a VIC camp to see if maybe there are more people interested or do you think mostly everyone got contacted from the regular VIC meetups?

Failing this yeah I'm for sure up for another regular meetup. How bout a garden in the Eastern suburbs this time? Francois had some good suggestions and trams go right by.

I'm thinking well seriously of making the massive mish up to the NNSW camp even if I have to do the drive alone over 4 days... fuck it! I need a holiday & why not spend it with awesome peeps like you guys! Also the weather shd be a bit warmer up there and I've always wanted to visit Byron, Nimbin & Mully. What better time than 20-Apr when there will likely be 420 day events/celebrations on! :)

Edited by Raver Buddy

How do you get the details when VIC meetup's take place? 

On 18/03/2018 at 2:12 AM, Raver Buddy said:

^^ Should I start a thread for a VIC camp to see if maybe there are more people interested or do you think mostly everyone got contacted from the regular VIC meetups?

Failing this yeah I'm for sure up for another regular meetup. How bout a garden in the Eastern suburbs this time? Francois had some good suggestions and trams go right by.

I'm thinking well seriously of making the massive mish up to the NNSW camp even if I have to do the drive alone over 4 days... fuck it! I need a holiday & why not spend it with awesome peeps like you guys! Also the weather shd be a bit warmer up there and I've always wanted to visit Byron, Nimbin & Mully. What better time than 20-Apr when there will likely be 420 day events/celebrations on! :)

yeh start it brother

If anyone's interested, I'll be camping this long weekend down at Christie's beach near Echuca. Should be there the whole weekend with a bunch of lovely peeps

should we try for a camp again? my immediate hassles are out of the way at least for the time being. can shoot for late may or early june

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DiscoStu said:

should we try for a camp again? my immediate hassles are out of the way at least for the time being. can shoot for late may or early june

If enough people show interest, yeah. I'll watch this space. 

Probably due for a plant meet too. 

• Like 1

is there any point organising a melbourne meet at the bot before winter creeps in?

11 hours ago, obtuse said:

is there any point organising a melbourne meet at the bot before winter creeps in?

*shrugs :) 

Theres a  meet for each season! Lol. 

I shall consult my diary then and propose a date  ....

19th or 20th of May?

• Like 1

^ That's good for me. I'm flexible. :) 

sunday 2o may works for me

That weekend is my birthday :) 

Seriously though, I need to hang out with you guys, for the sake of my sanity of nothing else. Being typically organised, I can't say for that I'll make it, but I'll certainly try.

i can do the sunday after if you want yeti. it'd be nice to put a face to the name

either way i prefer a sunday as i have mundays off b

@DiscoStu - I'm probably good with the 20th.

There may be a conflicting event on the following weekend that everyone may be more interested in attending.

i need to confirm ;)

• Like 1

That event i mentioned fell through and now looking at late june early july.

So any thoughts for meet up dates?