The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gtarman

Multi-head sunflower seed giveaway, fresh homegrown seed

All gone, sorry :(

sunny.jpg

So I have 3 packs of 10 seeds to giveaway from this one - that's actually only a fraction of the seeds from one seed-head but I can't really afford to post out more than 3 packs, time-wise or money-wise.

Only thing I'd want to say in the interest of full disclosure is that the seed heads had some weird little fly things crawling around them for a bit and having fly sex. But the seeds themselves look fine to me. I guess I'm just mentioning it because I'm paranoid lol, and they may have just been there because of the leftover pollen and shade.

Anywho I usually just do a straight giveaway and whoever posts first gets it, but I know some people miss out that way because they don't check in very often. So maybe if you're interested, post the reason you'd like to grow them and I'll pick 3 at the end based on that and also with preference to people who haven't gotten anything from my giveaways before, and to people who actually do contribute to discussions around the forum...I know there's a couple of people at least who watch their inbox like hawks for giveaway notifications but don't actually post at all...and I don't want to encourage that :wink:

So yeah, if you're keen: why would you like to grow some of these sunflowers? Or you can be creative and make your own question if that one sucks...I'm not taking it too seriously :)

Peace

Gman

sunny.jpg

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 2

I'd like them because my kids are just getting into gardening and they are stealing all my seeds, which is fine because i want them to like gardening.

• Like 2

My girlfriend loves growing sunflowers and she would be over the moon if i surprised her with these, that's my reason.

I feel like a hawk who is always watching this thread for good freebies, trades and sales but only because im ready to start growing as much variety as i can find, ill try and contribute to the forum but most people here are smarter then me so i haven't got much for yas. Once i have established plants ill have some stuff to give back but that's still a little while off.

Either way im only after these cause i know the lady would go nuts for them hehe

peace

*would be happy to give a bunch of these out once they flower

Edited by mystical oyster
  • Like 1

Because I would like some of that beauty in my garden. I would send on a post paid envelope if it helps.

• Like 1

Not meaning to go for a sob story but my wife and I grow sun flowers every year in memory of her best friend who passed away about three years ago from cancer, taken way to young!

She would be over the moon to see these in the garden :)

Peace DrG

• Like 1

Hey guys so this seems to be about as much interest as the giveaway is gonna get. I think I'll call it done here at 3 packs - and doublebenno, I'll give you a pack at the sunshine coast meet next week in person. If you guys wanna PM me your postal details I'll get them sent off hopefully in the next week or so.

I feel like a hawk who is always watching this thread for good freebies, trades and sales but only because im ready to start growing as much variety as i can find, ill try and contribute to the forum but most people here are smarter then me so i haven't got much for yas.

Don't feel like you can't post just because other people know more than you do about some things. Most of us started out here knowing very little - we're just as happy to share what we know as we are to learn something new, so don't let it stop you from participating. If you have any questions or ideas or opinions, jump in and post them up. And you'll find the more you join in, the more you'll learn and the more people will be willing to share knowledge, seeds and cuttings etc.

Don't be a stranger :)

EDIT: this was my 1000th post. This is therefore technically my 1000-post giveaway lol

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 4

Thanks gtarman, glad to be a part of the community, so far its been super helpful and generous, the lady will be stoked to see these beauties grow in the garden, ill be sure to share these seeds back in the near future so those who missed em stay tuned

Just posted the seeds out today - my apologies for the delay. Things have been all over the place and I've been low on funds lately.

Hope these bring a little more brightness to a few gardens out there :)

Thank you, look forward to seeing there beauties bloom

enjoy the Christmas break and, blessings for the new year :)

• Like 1