The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
min

San Pedro Legalisty Clarification Please!

Hi,

I've have recently gotten into collecting cacti. Looking to collect and grow a few more so I took a peak online to see what I could get. I love the idea of growing a San Pedro, just knowing the power it possesses is enough for me to feed off it's energy. I no longer take any mind altering substances and I no longer want to be doing anything I shouldn't so.....

With the new laws that came in regarding the analogs of mescaline and the new RCs that are floating around, I wanted to make sure that if I order some San Pedro cuttings from WA and they are shipped to NSW that I won't get in trouble. I've been trying to stay on top of the law but it's somewhat confusing to me who doesn't understand all the terms!

Any help is grately appreciated.

:)

EDIT: I wanted to edit the title as I spelt it wrong but I can't find out how!

Edited by min

Bunnings sells different types of San Pedro so if they are selling it in NSW how could anyone else get in trouble? Unless Bunnings in NSW have removed that stock.

Right, I'm off to Bunning's to see what they've got, if anything.

I'm still unclear if these are legal to own after the new psychoactive bill that went through.

did you try the search engine, there is about 50 threads of legality regarding plants and cactus if you take the time to look

I found some Blue Torch at Bunnings Noarlunga $29.99 one or two left that I was aware of and nice healthy looking at six to seven inches tall that was a few days ago.

This thread tells you how to change the topic title. Can't help with the legal question.

AFAIK those laws didn't seem to end up including live plants for ornamental purposes - at least not in practice. But I could be wrong.

Bunnings may have them but if they're from Hamilton's they will usually have very simplistic labels, and will only give names like "Ball Cactus" or "Blue Torch" or what have you. Sometimes if you're lucky they include the genus name. But "Blue Torch" is most likely Trichocereus bridgesii I think? I've never seen one at a Bunnings. Unless your ID skills are great I'd say just order a cutting of something online so that way you know exactly what it is. Or have a look in the Seed and Plant Exchange forum, there's usually some kind of cactus floating about there.

The laws in NSW in regards to live plants have not changed. Trichs are legal.

• Like 2

AFAIK those laws didn't seem to end up including live plants for ornamental purposes - at least not in practice. But I could be wrong.

Bunnings may have them but if they're from Hamilton's they will usually have very simplistic labels, and will only give names like "Ball Cactus" or "Blue Torch" or what have you. Sometimes if you're lucky they include the genus name. But "Blue Torch" is most likely Trichocereus bridgesii I think? I've never seen one at a Bunnings. Unless your ID skills are great I'd say just order a cutting of something online so that way you know exactly what it is. Or have a look in the Seed and Plant Exchange forum, there's usually some kind of cactus floating about there.

The Blue torch I have is myrtillocactus geometrizans frim bunnings. Also I have bought labelled t.peruvianus from bunnings

^ I guess it must just depend which Bunnings you go to

• Like 1

Last time I checked Bummings sold Trich.

The Bridgesii monstrose I saw was labelled quite clearly.

Green label, Mexican man holding a bottle with "cactus juice' written on it.

Brilliant.

• Like 4

yep bunnings tends to have a couple of pach or scops at the least.

i have got pedro from kmart