The Corroboree
tipz

Giveaway with a twist

I have decided to do a fun little giveaway. It will be interesting to see how much interest this stirs.

I am not returning to trading, this is just a giveaway before I disappear into the izness. ( just waiting on settlement over outstanding trades ) AAAnyway......

I'm in the process of drastically downsizing my cactus collection. I have up for grabs in this little competition a very very rare and sought after plant indeed. I have a very healthy Eulychnia castanea V.spiralis. I have never seen one of these offered up for sale before. The plant initially showed discoid growth, which reverted to monstrose growth and is now pushing out some amazing spiral growth ( so showing all 3 traits of the eulychnia castanea's possible mutations as can be seen herehttp://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CDgQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cactus-art.biz%2Fschede%2FEULYCHNIA%2FEulychnia_castanea%2FEulychnia_castanea_varispiralis_mostruosa%2FEulychnia_castanea_varispiralis_mostruosa.htm&ei=Oc6RUtSsJqnZigfj1YCAAQ&usg=AFQjCNGJ-HRHSTXVElV_v8igwZ86U_yI5A&bvm=bv.56988011,d.dGI )

The plant measures in at just under 50cm.

I know of many collectors both here and outside of this forum who have been chasing one of these with no success for many years. Here is your chance to own one free of charge ! All you have to do is participate in a little game for my amusement.

I have been researching a subject that a close friend brought to my attention. I'm sure that everyone here can recall the Port Arthur massacre down here in Australia. The biggest massacre from a single shooter on a civilian population on record in our Country. I had a few things brought to my attention from a close friend. He told me that he was completely certain that the events of that day were planned and executed by nefarious forces and in no way could it have even POSSIBLY been the work of Mr Martyn Bryant. Crazy right ?

Now I have always been one to keep an open mind and have been known to entertain the possibility of seemingly outrageous claims of conspiracy and obfuscation. But when I initially heard his suspicions on the events that transpired that day I found it very hard to not instantly dismiss them before listening to his argument. I think that may be because - "if" in fact he happened to be correct the implications are quite frankly downright scary. BUT I make a conscious effort to keep an open mind that is decided on verifiable fact and try to use my rationale and intellect to draw conclusions on the event in question.

So I found myself reading the work of a man called Joe vasilis and other concerned parties and quite frankly I was amazed at what I was reading.

So... here is the comp guidelines :

I'm going to provide a link to some little known info about that day and I want to start a little debate. To win this competition I want you to read the information I provided in the link below. The prize of this beautiful eulychnia will be awarded to the person who presents ( in my opinion ) the most convincing argument either "for OR against" this crazy crackpot tinfoil theory. The link that I provide is just there to get you started. By all means - research elsewhere and

source your information as you deem fit. For the point of this competition lets say I am completely undecided. It could be ten words or it could be a thorough analysis - as long as it is convincing. Im very interested to hear peoples take on this and i am sure the prize will coax those that would normally brush over this post to perhaps have a bit of a read and a think about it.

I will close the comp at 2200 EST 07/12/2013 - most convincing argument IN MY OPINION wins !

OK GO .... :)

post-9715-0-06299400-1385291520_thumb.jp Here she is :D ( a bit of motivation for those not interested in crazy conspiracy theories )

the link-http://www.whale.to/b/viallspam.html

post-9715-0-06299400-1385291520_thumb.jpg

post-9715-0-06299400-1385291520_thumb.jpg

Edited by cacti jihadist
  • Like 1

Lol, what a way to get people to hear the other side of this story (Port Arthur massacre). Is that cactus really that collectable?! :wink:, I guess we will see.

I have already read everything i could find on this subject. It would be good to hear others opinions about it.

Hmmmm, good point. It is very sought after by cactus collectors but not quite so much in the ethno scene, so I am going to add a small variegated LW to the prize ;) It's about 3 cm across and grafted onto PC pach. Photo's tomorrow. That should be a little more alluring.

Do we get to hear your take on the events Amz ?

• Like 1

Simply put, it was a disarmament move to reduce the chances of a suitably armed rebellion. Shits

Gonna get hairy over the next 10 years or so, and the powers that be want to have the upper hand when it comes to weaponry. Easier to quell... My readings on this have Mo.ss@d responsible for it, with involvement from the aust army also.

911 and Boston were the same. Enables you to Put in place laws that you blind the populace to with a posed threat, or enact powers that break usual limits, as precedents are set, and the response is monitored. If muted response, they know they can go further as people are too enslaved in belief that the powers that be are looking out for them...

In a couple of words - false flag operation...

Edited by gilligan
  • Like 2

can i buy it?? sorry swap ya?

Edited by bullit

I wasn't saying your cactus isn't awesome (sorry if I offended you there :) ), just saying it may take some prompting to get people to read all the literature on the massacre.

My take on the Port Arthur Massacre is that lots of things don't add up. The theory that it was done by the people in power as an excuse to get semi- automatic weapons out of the general publics hands seems plausible. ( I am not entering into a debate, and not after a prize,I am just interested in the subject)

i'd jump on this people this is an amazing cactus

i own one of these and its truly a beautiful plant

as far as i know mine and this one are the only ones in the country so it is very rare thats for sure

adding that vaerigated loph on there makes me want to jump on it i miss mine :(

but i'll leave it for others :)

• Like 1

If this was up for sale or trade there would be a number of people here and mainstream cacti collectors that would be wanting this and be willing to pay large amounts of money for it.

Tipz knows the sort of money that myself and a few other here would be willing to pay. :)

Now I need to go and do some reading so I can try and win this.

I will be back in a few days.:)

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

No offense taken Amz . . It is a big ask, lol. I did not think It through too well.. It was a post-vape post :wink: It might be tricky if I get ten people that all draw the exact same conclusion. Oh well, too late now, the comp still stands. Maybe include what you think was the motive ( wether it be MB or TPTB you feel executed this )

Sorry Bullit she is not for sale man. Have a read up on It and tell me what you think.

GOT I thought you would be onto this one. ( From memory I still owe you a trich terschekkii variegated seedling from before I vanished. I still have it here for you. )

• Like 1

Sorry to see you go, tipz.

• Like 4

I've had so many heated discussions about this with people over the years that I basically stopped talking about it because of the conflict that it has created for me.

Apparently this never went to trial, Martin was convicted without due process.

I always try to keep it rational and stick to the facts, but I've found 99% of people become very emotional and get aggressive defending their point of view based on the lies perpetuated by the media - this has been the biggest media whitewash in Australias' history.

Right from the outset there was a concerted effort by the media to keep the facts away from the Australian public.

Most of the witnesses reported seeing the gunman shoot from the right hip - Martyn was left handed.

Most of the eye witnesses that survived to tell their story originally told police that the person who carried out the massacre had dark hair & a greasy complexion with an acne scarred face, Martin had a perfect complexion.. Even witnesses there on the day that knew Martin said it wasn't him. None of the witnesses there on the day identified Martin as the killer - that was done by the police and the media. A month later two witnesses changed their statements to say it was Martin, but by then they'd been heavily influenced by the endless news reports claiming that it was Martin that did it.

The descriptions of the shooter all said that the shooter was around 20 while at the time Martin was almost 29. There was also many discrepancies about the colour of the gunmans hair. The media portrayed the gunman as blond haired, but the last pictures of him at the time of his arrest showed his hair to be brown with streaks of blond.

Then there's the fact that Jim Laycock who knew Martin and saw the gunman didn't identify the gunman as Martin, in fact he stated that "he did not recognise the male as Martin Bryant". At least two other witnesses have stated that gunman was not Bryant - Wendy Scurr & John Godfrey. Godfrey who saw the gunman twice stated in his police statement "In my opinion the picture I saw in the newspapers was not the same person"

The only two witnesses to identify Bryant as the gunman Linda White and Michael Wanders gave their statements about a month after the incident so their statements can not be considered reliable as they were subject to a constant media barrage of stories insisting that Bryant was the shooter for the whole time between the incident and when they gave their statements to police. When asked to identify the shooter from pictures White identified Bryant based on the clothing he was wearing, that clothing turned out to be what he was wearing in the pictures of him published in the newspapers and on TV. No other witnesses described any such clothing - so she was full of shit.

On the 28th of April Wanders stated to police "I would not be able to identify the person who shot at us" a month later he told police that "he hadn't been able to get a good enough look at the male to see how old he was or what he wearing" but he was quite happy to pick Bryant out of a lineup after a month of media conditioning.

There was no fingerprints or DNA evidence from Bryant found at Port Arthur (except for what appears to be a piece of evidence planted by police- a knife) and Bryant is adamant that he never went to the site on the day of the massacre. The knife was said to have been found in the bag the gunman discarded at the site of the massacre, but several witnesses examined the bag after he left and didn't see a knife, so it seems like planted evidence.

The gunman ate and drank before the massacre and the can he drank from, the utensils he used and the tray he ate from were recovered by police - no fingerprints or DNA evidence was ever identified fro those sources to connect Bryant to the scene. I could go on for pages about the mysteries and lies surrounding the knife, basically it was fabricated evidence.

There are many other discrepancies in the story but the biggest problem is the lack of any physical evidence proving that Bryant was even at the site on the day and the fact that people who knew him and saw the shootings stated that it was not Bryant that carried out the massacre.

• Like 4

If this was up for sale or trade there would be a number of people here and mainstream cacti collectors that would be wanting this and be willing to pay large amounts of money for it.

Tipz knows the sort of money that myself and a few other here would be willing to pay. :)

Now I need to go and do some reading so I can try and win this.

I will be back in a few days. :)

Cheers

Got

i know i was having a joke cause i know nuthin bout the twist!

• Like 1

Nice cactus, but I can't read that site with all the "in absolute scientific terms", "Military Science", "in absolute scientific terms" etc...

I'm not sure what happened at Port Arthur, but laterally thinking - are you implying that the poor fellow that died recently from 'synthetic lsd' was pushed?

are you implying that the poor fellow that died recently from 'synthetic lsd' was pushed

errr, no. I'm not quite sure what you mean ID. You can choose anywhere to gather info on it if you want to. It does not have to be from the link provided.

After reading a bit of the link you provided, and with the recent media spate against 'synthetics' I made a poor attempt at saying - The masses will believe anything the media feeds them regardless of truth. The real truth about Port Arthur is so buried it'll never surface, and if it does, people are so conditioned and sceptical of everything, it won't be believed. Carry on, don't mind me... I live in a different world filled with butterflies and rainbows.

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 1

I'll give it a go I'm not very informed on the whole story so I'm mainly going from the link

Um I don't think so

First of all a few problems with

On

what scientific evidence? He goes on about proving without a doubt but only offers unsupported theories here is a good one

"

If the blonde man is Martin Bryant but unarmed, what is he doing role-playing with three men directly in front of the Broad Arrow Cafe?

It is scientifically impossible for the three men not to be involved"

No it's not here is an alternate theory or as he puts it "indisputable scientific evidence" maybe the video is a hoax they were planning on selling? It was appently worth half a million.

Secondly why does he keep linking it to two totally unrelated cases that were never even proven anyways and calling it scientific proof its not scientfic proof it's not even evidence!

Thirdly who is he implicating? If it's the Australian government then that's just ridiculous why would they want there own country to be defenceless? If its another country then why haven't we been invalided if we are so defenceless and there plan worked so well?

Professor Plumb did it in the library with the candlestick... everything you've heard is a hoax.

• Like 1

the government did it to draw everyones attention away from the chemtrails

• Like 1

A few more facts about the circumstances surrounding the massacre.

John Howard was elected 7 weeks before the massacre - the guy responsible for the Tampa crisis and training troops overseas to break up the Patrick wharfies strike (I've only included these facts to establish the character of John Howard)

Newspapers all around the country posted pictures of Bryant and named him as the one responsible for the massacre, this is highly illegal but it was allowed to go on unabated. Before someone is convicted of a crime they can not be named publicly for a any suspected crime.

Bryant was held in solitary confinement for 7 weeks before he changed his plea to guilty. This is gulag style extraction of testimony most people would crack under such circumstances.

There was never a coronial inquiry (as required by law) into the events that transpired an the day in question. John Howard waived the inquiry on "sentimental grounds"

There was no standard procedure after the arrest, Bryant was never taken to the site and asked to re-enact the events like was done with Julian Knight and other people that have enacted heinous crimes.

Martin was said to have purchased the bag used in the weeks leading up to the massacre, originally Inspector Paine told Bryant that he believed that he had purchased the bag but he didn't know where the bag was purchased. Paine told Bryant "I believe you bought that in Myers or Fitzgeralds or somewhere in town"

There has never been any material evidence to prove that Bryant ever purchased any such bag. The person who supposedly sold the bag to Bryant has never been identified and no receipt has ever been produced.

Wow this threads really bringing alot of this into question very interesting stuff guys

• Like 1

I've never read into this before and haven't heard of my mates who are right into 'conspiracy theories' and things of the like ever talk about it either but as myco said, very interesting indeed!

I received threats when i posted similar comment on youtube but,

I have a friend who is friends with a high up police officer. She told me that he told her he had heard tapes of recordings of bryant which prove he could not be the shooter- the police know- but it is from higher up. The gov't stated along time beforethe event that to acheive civilian disarmament in australia as per united nations white paper, it would take a massacre in port arthur - i shit you not. My friend told me vehicles were taken to tas and men in black ( her words not mine) started shooting people. The phonecall from bryant - you heard bryant say ' he's gonna shoot his own man, he's gonna shoot his own man and then shots in the background but not near the phone, you can find this call on youtube or could.. and that was what surprised me most was the call being there for the public. I dont want the prize and be careful what you say on youtube and here i guess anywhere public - i believe it is monitored and you will be threatened if you express any thought outside of bryant is guilty.

Edit to say i would like the loph, but I'm in Qld and that would not be legal, lol

Edited by in_spirit
  • Like 1

Further, united nations wants to disarm all civillians, no guns no, knife carry, unable to defend against same. There are rumors in the US that the US armed forces are being sent to war and the united nations armed forces(NWO) are in the US carrying out training in civillian areas with road blocks, weapon and vehicle searches. They are passing themselves off as US military but are UN. All in all I don't know if Bryant did or didn't but I doubt it, between the info my friend told me, and she doesn't have the internet?? And what i actually found online, i beleive this was our gov't working against tghe peoples rights in the worst of ways and it acheived order thru chaos and got people on board for disarming eventually we will be left with no rights to guns at all, that may or may not be a good thing? The gov't will always be armed. It made me wonder about the US school shoots and I commented to my wife that obama will soon be saying that they need to disarm civilians or something similar??? And he did .

ex-Premier of NSW, Barry Unsworth made this prediction in 1987 - Before Uniform Gun Laws become possible in all States there will have to be a massacre in Tasmania.