The Corroboree

I bet its filled with heaps of nice cats with flowers in there hair

• Like 2

Just wondering who knows what, about 1 CERES, a dwarf planet in our inner solar system that has had very minimal press coverage. It was an asteroid and now it is a planet with water and land. WTF? Why are the pictures all fuzzy?

You can not tell me there are no good pictures of this thing, it has been around since before 1800s, we have photos of other galaxy's in clear colour but this is pixellated? I saw some clear pics a few weeks ago but they have all disappeared from internet, coverup of some sort!

Click links below for more info:

Wikipedia - Colonization of Ceres

Wikipedia - Ceres Mythology

Wikipedia- Ceres Dwarf Planet

attachicon.gif_42086172_solar_system_planets4_416.jpg

interesting. i've always known ceres simply as "biggest rock in the asteroid belt", i guess at some point somebody decided it was the next most interesting place to direct their attention. i wonder when the water was discovered.

its great how much we're learning! of particular interest to me, is how far our understanding of the galaxy has come, and its interactions with small nearby galaxies.

• Like 2

Weird Physics of Blazars --"Their Gamma-Ray Jets are Aimed Directly at Earth"

................................. supermassive black hole.

.............................................. one jet almost directly in line with Earth.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2014/01/in-september-2012-fermis-large-area-telescope-lat-detected-a-series-of-bright-gamma-ray-flares-from-a-source-known-as-b0.html#more

Edited by Dreamwalker.

Big Red

There is a song in there somewhere....

"If your going....to a dwarf planet in our solar system....

Be sure to wear, your spacesuit over there.....

Your gonna meet.... heaps of nice cats with flowers in their hair!"

(You can see why I did not list 'poet' as one of my skills)

Edited by shonman
  • Like 1

Hmmm.....the Dwarf planet....

I can picture the alien dwarfs now......

Probably wearing parkas, since it is said to be ice and rock...

Perhaps,it would be more PC to call it..

"The vertically challenged planet"

Edited by shonman
  • Like 1

Did a bit of traveling without moving to Ceres some years back....

Nice place, tad cold.

There' was also a shortage of chairs.....

• Like 2

Hmmm.....the Dwarf planet....

I can picture the alien dwarfs now......

Probably wearing parkas, since it is said to be ice and rock...

Perhaps,it would be more PC to call it..

"The vertically challenged planet"

Cerecons

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

Isn't there a song that goes with that, Dreamwalker?

I hope I will not offend any Munchkins, or Oompa Loomas...

I admit, I sometimes think they look alike.....

Edited by shonman
  • Like 1

Telescope spies water plumes on dwarf planet Ceres

http://phys.org/news/2014-01-telescope-spies-plumes-dwarf-planet.html

"........

(Phys.org) — water vapor on the largest and roundest object in the asteroid belt, Ceres..................."

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-01-telescope-spies-plumes-dwarf-planet.html#jCp
Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 2

Do the inhabitants represent the Lollipop Guild? :huh:

Thank you all, I started this post for a number of reasons, but mainly to see who is where on this forum.

Who is forthcoming with what they know and who is still hiding behind their (not so) funny masks.

I have now profiled you all enough to know who is true and who is hiding.

God blesses the truth and the devil always finds those in hiding.

A few Dogmas I would like to smash before this thread goes to the graveyard:-

When your head is in the sand - the devil can fuck you up the arse.

When you sweep important stuff under the carpet - you will trip over the lump and fall flat on your face in a deep pile of shit.

Ignorance is Bliss- until the thing you have been ignorant about is standing right in front of you.

Forgive and forget- so the vicious cycle can be repeated again and again, WTF.

Thou shalt not judge - we must judge everyday that which is of advantage or not of advantage to us, or we die.

Life is simple - maybe for people with simple minds and dulled senses.

Do not focus on the negative - well then remove my eyes, my ears, my nose, my mouth and my skin for in these places hell seeps in.

Moving forward - in a straight line, like the predators we have been taught to be.

It's good to be alive- It's good to be a half dead, bio-robotic, parasitic slave whose children hate them.

Gays are great - but can only create, nothing. If we created a gay community it will not be able to recreate itself naturally. Shall we clone gays, huh!

Words are cheep and can be very destructive when repeated like a mantra through a community.

Question everything, or you are a sheep. Hmm Human sheep = Sheeple.

I wished comet ISON to hit the Earth and remove a few million sheeple, so I could reconstruct my own planet of peace and abundance. Free from limiting dogmas and unjust authorities., free from forced poverty and buckets of concrete and lies, like a quick fix that I did not have to be a part of.

Damn you ISON and damn humanity for making me think like this.

There are many more who think like me and they may have the ability. :wacko: We probably could have coped better with comet radiation than nuclear radiation though.

Good-Bye Cruel World

and

God bless the Gardeners. :wink:

• Like 1

:)

I like dogs..

:wink:

i somehow feel you're refer your opening statement includes me because of the pm i sent when this thread started.

i don't want to be your foe, make judgement of you or believe myself mighty enough to offer advice, but i'm gonna do those things just in this post because there's plenty about your character that i like, i basically just want to say that you are pretty far out. be whoever you want to be just let it be noted that i consider you pretty far out.

and don't take this as an attack! it's just my perspective, based on limited data. if it does nothing for you them drop it and move on.

i can actually imagine from your perspective why the conversation went the way it did. i have exhibited catious paranoia many times, and countless times has somebody tried to give a lame explanation where i believe there is a freaky explanation. also, i believe in a high likelihood of aliens, conspiracies, other dimensions, and any whacky stuff i can imagine, but sometimes an ordinary explanation can't be disputed without extraordinary evidence. frankly, there's a lot of shit on the internet. internet conspiracies were one of my biggest pastimes. in the search for truth you've gotta step back periodically, assess your methods, assess whether your data is reliable and while some conspiracy sites only show the feasible stuff, some just show anything, some just make it up so somebody will read it and if you believe any of those you'll know that some are CIA disinformation. it's really hard to sort it into piles, especially when many conspiracy folk are outright against any mainstream yardsticks including scientific data (thats the data which by definition strives to only convey what appears to be correct, the kind of data which can double checked at any time, added to and revised at any time).

the way people respond to opinions other than their own gives insight into how valuable their opinions are. that could be a handy tool for working out which conspiracy publishers are genuine. it works in too many ways mention. sometimes people just give sloppy responses, maybe a bad day. maybe already responded to the same allegation many times before, but long story short the absence of vital tools in the quest for truth will advertise themselves when somebody can't listen to another's opinion (and i mean LISTEN), give it a full chance at credibility, consider it, describe how adequate or inadequate they found it and why, which probably leads to another problem with conspiracy promoters.... they're so fed up with explaining themselves to hecklers who are often thick as two bricks that they might be inclined not to explain themselves. they migh be inclined to dismiss you as a reptile, or CIA, or an infected host, or a victim of mind control, or any other kind of person whose opinion isn't worthy of considering and response. (EDIT: alternative version if somebody won't give your or anothers theory/opinion even their time of day, you can likely reason that their process of arriving at their opinion was similarly callous, dismissive, prejudiced, presumptuous........ lacking the fastidiousness, humility and open-mindedness of somebody that routinely produces valuable answers"

it's funny in a topic like this when you suddenly remember that nobody knows whats going on. no matter which personality or ideology or subculture etc that you align your sense of truth with, all of them contain errors. the closest thing to an error free orientation towards the truth would be the smart arse one like nihilism which offers the least errors because it doesn't make an offering.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

I wished comet ISON to hit the Earth and remove a few million sheeple, so I could reconstruct my own planet of peace and abundance. Free from limiting dogmas and unjust authorities., free from forced poverty and buckets of concrete and lies, like a quick fix that I did not have to be a part of.

Even if a comet was flying straight for Earth a handful of people could alter its course. No need to wish the death of others in order to create your own paradise, even the most evil people wish to feel love in their hearts. Unbelievable things can happen if you free your thought, if thought forms/images are backed by love, nothing can stop them from becoming reality. That's why 'to win the war we don't need ANY weapons' quote from Bliss n Eso - Jungle :)

Edited by Leaves
  • Like 3

woodwoman, on a basic level i agree with quite a few of your perspectives very deeply, most people i have ever met do not seem to understand a word that comes out of my mouth either. with that said i think you are almost just as insane as every other moron on this planet, as i most probably am too.

to realize that if you believe your knee is a banana makes your knee a banana, (despite how utterly blinkingly insane it sounds) touches on some kind of very deep 'truth', though i think it can be a dangerous insight as a trillionth of a millimeter either side of that insight will send you down an abyss of infinite regress & perhaps more importantly (imo) this insight if not applied very carefully seems operationally more or less useless. to make your knee a banana or a comet a spaceship or whatever it might be, through the use of the will or strong belief will only transformed your own personal universe/reality tunnel, which may be quite entertaining & fulfilling for you personally but unfortunately no matter how much something exists in your own personal universe, it's not going to mean anything to another individual who has not made the same update to their reality tunnel. it's useless to anyone but you if it contains nothing that is able to be translated into the personal language of other peoples reality tunnels & ultimately it's often probably not good for you either as people are just going to treat you like a nut (which isn't very pleasant most of the time) if you try to explain to them that your knee is a banana or some such thing, no matter how true it may be in your world. if your knee is a banana to you & your knee is a passionfruit to someone else, which of you, or are either of you 'right'?

imo it's important to realize that what is real to you because of the way your particular nervous system processes data & the imprints you've acquired in your lifetime is no more real or less real than anyone elses reality tunnel.. ie if you expect anyone else to agree that your knee is a banana because you've chosen to create that reality for yourself it's just as insane as them expecting you to believe in their reality tunnel (9to5 job, mortgage, reality television or whatever else it may be) that they have had forced upon them by society or whatever else has contributed to them believing whatever ridiculous things they do.

if you're sensitive enough to have certain insights into certain subtle aspects of things, those insights in my opinion come with the very serious responsibility of being humble enough to allow your perspective to find a healthy balance & not get carried away with the seeming profundity of what you've become aware of. if that responsibility is not taken seriously you can very easily fall into all kinds of traps & psychological labyrinths that will lead you into even deeper delusion & psychosis then the initial insight seemed to have awakened you from. this is how all manner of crazy arsed toxic cult leaders, false prophets & spiritual nutcases come from (for that matter it's also where dogmatic scientists & fundementalist materialists often come from)... when they have perhaps one way or another reached some kind of deep insight into the universe without having strengthened & balanced other important aspects of their psychology in order to deal with the power of such insights & the strong follow on effects that changing their internal reality tunnel has on the way they experience the world. without balance, deep insight can lead to even deeper insanity.

i think a lot of psychonauts fall into this trap. regularly having deep reality changing experiences through using strong psychedelics without being psychologically prepared for such intense paradigm shifting updates to their notions of reality can send a lot of people off the rails. with some conscientious & responsibly intelligent preparation those same experiences could have instead led to a much deeper state of awareness & a more deeply balanced life for those people. i should say though, that i'm not pigeon holing you, i don't know you or what you've been through in your life at all, it just seems a relevant thing to talk about in light of this thread.

in my opinion the value of science is not that it tells us something about the ultimate reality of the universe, imo science is profoundly limited in it's scope for explaining the mind imploding complexities of whatever it is we all are & are part of here in the universe & science is very susceptible to misuse, however i think it's true value is in providing a structural frame work that if applied intelligently allows all humans to describe & understand the world in such a way that everyone can understand each other & communicate in a meaningful way. as much as i am frustrated by it's limitations i think this is really important for any meanigful & sane communication to take place & that to me is extremely important for humanity.. on that token, recognition & experience of much deeper & less technically apprehendable aspects of reality are equally important. as with everything a healthy balance is vital. too far in either direction & things get insane. & yes i realize the irony of me saying these things in this post which most probably sounds quite nonsensical.

something that may be helpful (or not) when it comes to the english language, is something called e-prime, which is effectively: the english language without the 'is' of identity, which basically 'is' english without the word 'is'. in e-prime the question posed in the original post in this thread would read: does comet ISON seem like a spaceship to you? you would not say: i think the comet ISON is a spaceship. but rather: the comet ISON seems like a spaceship to me. in this way, with language, you are leaving all possible realities open to your mind without necessarily accepting any of them. sure you can 'believe' that it is a spaceship & to you it will be a spaceship, i personally think this is as pointless as 'believing' it isn't a spaceship without concrete evidence that it is such. once you wrote something like: whatever i believe, is what is.. i see the insight in what you're saying except i think it contains a vital flaw as i would say nothing 'is' anything. no one has or ever will know what ANYTHING 'is' we can only ever know how it seems to us at any one moment of perception. it also applies equally to all of science. science can never tell us what anything 'is' it can only ever tell us how something registers on any particular instrument at any particular time.. if you think about it closely the word 'is' is (haha) meaningless. if we understand this, the kind of insights you are referring to might make a lot more sense

i am not too good at explaining this stuff, i don't expect you to appreciate it or not appreciate it, i don't mean to come across as condescending & i only mean respect. you don't have to take it seriously & you don't need to hate me, it's just words but feel free to dismiss me as another human who should die so you can be happy.. don't worry i often feel quite the same way about humanity.

Edited by paradox
  • Like 2