The Corroboree
gtarman

Sunshine Coast meet (QLD)....

can we car pool or if i can get a lift or give a lift

• Like 2

I'm in, are we thinking weekend of the 12/13th?

I can offer lifts from train stations for brizzy based peeps.....

• Like 1

Soo lets get this strait.. We go too buderim falls on the 12th, then later we go camping were halcyon is talking about for the night?

• Like 1

Bring a tent if you wanna camp, I'll camp.

Buderim falls should be OK place to meet I guess. Were U thinking the top of the falls or the bottom???

Down on the flat grassy area near the cafe there's a BBQ and picnic table. If not we could just sit on the grass somewhere.

Speak up if that's no good

Sounds good to me. Buderim is pretty much just of the Bruce Hwy so it's easy for most to get to, but I was pumped up about Halcyon's spot :wink:

• Like 1

Haha im down aslong as we can go where Halcyon is talking about, i just thought we were suppose to meet at buderim.

Shit you guys decied.. should we just go straight to the spot? Or meetup and chill at buderim for a bit? Finding buderim is easy.

• Like 1

Yeah, meet at Buderim falls first, then we can all follow me to the camping spot which isn't too far away. I'll give the exact directions on the day rather than post them here.

So this is how the consensus has it so far...

Meet at 12:00 Saturday arvo 12th April at Buderim Forest Park. At the picnic tables just below the very start of the boardwalk.

All those keen on camping the night will be given a mud map and swap phone numbers etc, and we'll all head off together (in convoy) by 2:00, arriving close to the camping spot around 2:20. We will park our cars there and walk about 10 minutes to the camping spot.

We'll all leave the next morning as we please.

As a guide, you may like to consider bringing:

a torch, munchies, water, toilet paper, insect repellent, tent/bedding, a camping chair, a towel and also thongs because we will have to cross the creek at a shallow part. Also the essentials like beer chocolate and smokes, and whatever else you just can't do without like phone etc.

But do try to travel light as it'll only be the one night afterall.

Anyway, hope that sounds good, looking forward to seeing some new and old faces! :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 2

I'm happy to meet earlier than 12 as well, say 11? Just chuckin in out there, in case of delays. :wink:

Always a shame when someone gets there a bit later than everyone and kind of misses the good chats and trades. :(

• Like 2

That sucks O_O

Ill probably come a bit early too.

• Like 1

I'll say I'm a possible attendee for both situations. I do have other plans for Sunday arvo that involve me not being on the coast so will see how things pan out.

• Like 3

I'll try to get there early but I can't guarantee it. Only 3 more sleeps :)

Looks like we have a problem guys, the weather. Thunder storms for Sat and Sunday (90% chance). and I was going to sleep in a swag. I suppose the meet could still go OK, but the camping looks like an almost certain disaster. Plus camping by a flooding river isn't such a good idea either.

No fire, moving tents in the middle of the night, stuck on the wrong side of the river and covered in mud and leeches doesn't sound fun to me these days. I've learned that lesson.

I pretty-much never camp if it looks like rain. But if anyone still wants to then you may want to look at a more convenient place with shelter and BBQ etc.

Keep watching the forecasts

• Like 2

Soo uhh.. whos going :lol: ??

I'll be there for a bit :-)

I'll be there at 11 yo. :wink:

Hey are we still camping guys? I havent watched the weather reports

I might not be going now..

Edited by Meditator

i intend to show up at buderim falls. that's the plan now, right?

Yeah im not gonna make it guys :[

We should probably just reschedule. Google says its gonna be pissing saturday and sunday at buderim anyway.

Rain or no, I'll be there at 11. Gotta get out and give thanks to the rain though :wink:

Stoked to have a lovely day out with some cool peeps. Cheers guys :)

Didn't rain until well after 2, so the weather was very nice too :lol:

• Like 1