The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shortly

Garden rescue

I've been involved in clearing out another deceased estate of a past CSSQ member, this time out at Ipswich.

The property is to be sold for development into units/townhouses so anything that stays will go to the dump.

While most of the small plants are being retained by the family & aside from a few medium sized plants that i'm waiting on conformation if they are to stay or go, there are several very large plants up for grabs that they would like to see removed.

For example clumps of 3m or so Stenocereus thurberi , smaller but more vigorous Lemaireocereus marginatus, a couple of 2-3m Pachypodiums, a 6m Pilosocereus azureus tree thats fruiting like mad. A 4m+ Euphorbia tirucalli and a 4m Euphorbia "cooperi"?

Most of these plants will yield several branches that would make instant feature plants, or if your keen enough bring a crane & take them as a single plant.

If any of the SEQ members would like to lend a helping hand & take home as many plants/ cuttings as they like the next garden clear out day will be at the end of November.

There are several trailer loads that need rehoming so dont be shy.

Pm if your interested

I should have mentioned that the plants are free to anyone prepared to put in the effort to salvage them.

Edited by shortly
  • Like 6

Forgot to mention the 2m Myrtillocactus geometrizans with lotsa arms & fruit on every single areole, a few large Euphorbia trigona, plus at least 1 large Aloe (ferox maybe?)

Plus what ever succulents are left.

It must have been a magnificent garden in its heyday. If i get the opportunity i'll take photos next time i'm out there.

I want that pilosocereus! Anychance you could sort somewhere to hold it till december for me ill be driving up there then and would love it!

sounds like a great opertunity. I would help if I was a local.

be careful with those euphorias though!

I cant promise anything Weazelloph as i'm extremely pressed for space but i will try.

Having said that i will be trying to drag out the final part of the move into mid December to give me time to prepare one of the larger plants for its move & a crane to lift it.

I personally wouldn't touch the Euphorbs with a barge pole WT, but they are there if anyone is keen.

Count me in! I have a new area to start filling.

Edited by Halcyon Daze

if any thing available for postage would love a piece or two would pay all costs please

Is there anything in particular your keen on?

Will keep an eye out for small bits Kate, no guarantees though, most of the plants up or grabs are as thick as a mans thigh.

Except for the Pachypodiums & saguaro which are considerably larger

oh wow wish i was there any thing i would be so grateful even a slice maybe if possible

Ill be taking a trailer along :) .. ill try to help you out also cactus kate

Yeah I'll pop some things up for others, free of-course.

oh wicked cant wait to see your clearance photos make sure to

becareful in those spikey gardens

Just to let everyone know where we are at.

I haven't heard from the owners as yet. I have been tied up with car dramas so i haven't been in a rush to chase them up either.

I will let everyone know when there is some movement on the cactus & succulent front.

• Like 2

Cheers shortly