The Corroboree
nut

Uncle Chorns Is Unbelievable-Nut in thailand

I'd love to know the growing techniques employed here....

1) ventilated, all glass green houses

2) warm, consistent year round temps: (Bangkok: Annual Weather Averages. April is the hottest month in Bangkok with an average temperature of 31°C (87°F) and the coldest is December at 26°C (79°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 9 in December.)

3) high humidity inside the glass house

4) more than likely a misting system vs watering pots individually; water soluble ferts added to the misting

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zelly said:

1) ventilated, all glass green houses

2) warm, consistent year round temps: (Bangkok: Annual Weather Averages. April is the hottest month in Bangkok with an average temperature of 31°C (87°F) and the coldest is December at 26°C (79°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 9 in December.)

3) high humidity inside the glass house

4) more than likely a misting system vs watering pots individually; water soluble ferts added to the misting

So the plants are foliar fed through misting with fertilisers? Wouldnt this ruin the fluffy trichomes? I know cacti can absorb through their stomata at night, but if they only got water this way, would their fine roots desicate?

good necro. they are amazing. lophs look so bloated lol. I tried so hard to find misters in the pics. must be a lot of work taking care of all those. 

I had no idea they could get this big.

but if they only got water this way, would their fine roots desicate?

Imagine a cactus root, growing in bone dry soil, searching for water.

The bigger picture however is the total environment of the enclosed glass greenhouse that maintains a fairly even & warm temp year round, as well as fairly high humidity conditions.  The clay pots in conjunction with the top dressing (and in my opinion,  the top dressing is the potting medium) keep the roots at a fairly consistent & warm temp, further promoting root growth.  How much water would the plants and or roots need growing in a fairly consistent humid environment?

As for the misting dispensers, more than likely they're located near the roof framing members and steam driven, the purpose being maintaining a fairly high humidity.